The Norfolk hamper company thread

Options

Comments

• jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is it the MSE name that papers, etc. don't want to report about?
    52% tight
  • jenster
    jenster Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I tweeted the local paper last week asking if they would be looking into the situation and all they said was "Its on our list to do". There was nothing in this week's edition. Quite frankly I think its disgraceful, they report regularly of other businesses that have gone bust or in trouble. There's been nothing from Radio Norfolk since it announced he'd ceased trading last week. No follow up, nothing.

I think several on here have also emailed the paper to no avail. :mad:

I too tweeted and emailed the local news, radio, papers on this and the BBC news said they would be following this up the papers seemed to have "washed" there hands of it
    as i said at the time the artical was weighted in the business's favour because they had given assurances to trading standards and cried that as an upstanding honest businessman he would see everyone right - well he hoodwinked them all , and now they wont cover the story for whatever reason - maybe the reporter feels foolish taking his side of the story !
  • bellacupcake
    Options
    jenster wrote: »
    I too tweeted and emailed the local news, radio, papers on this and the BBC news said they would be following this up the papers seemed to have "washed" there hands of it
    as i said at the time the artical was weighted in the business's favour because they had given assurances to trading standards and cried that as an upstanding honest businessman he would see everyone right - well he hoodwinked them all , and now they wont cover the story for whatever reason - maybe the reporter feels foolish taking his side of the story !

Yes, Radio Norfolk gave him quite a bit of air-time but the local paper did report fairly that the business had had lots complaints and that Trading Standards had been involved. You would think that they would follow up the story and bring it to its conclusion and let everyone know he's gone bust/insolvent/closed/whatever.
  • bellacupcake
    Options
    jellyhead wrote: »
    Is it the MSE name that papers, etc. don't want to report about?

No, I dont think so. MSE has not been quoted previously by the media, they've just mentioned "forums" and "internet sites" It has nothing to do with MSE.
  • room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kdrc2004 wrote: »
    I have been reading this thread for a while now and was also caught up in the shocking scandal, but just want to say I am with santander bank and they refunded my accout with in 3 days from a phone call under the direct debit indemnity claim, I paid for my order in october and explained to them that I was out of time with paypal as you only have 45 days so they refunded me with no problems hth some people.

Thanks for this - I rang them the other day and they're sending paperwork out (still waiting!). Will ring them in a couple of days and get it sorted.
  • kdrc2004
    Options
    room512 wrote: »
    Thanks for this - I rang them the other day and they're sending paperwork out (still waiting!). Will ring them in a couple of days and get it sorted.

I would call them again as i did mine over the phone and didnt have any forms to fill in very straight forward they text me to say they had my request then text me to say funds had cleared into my account, maybe i just got someone helpful.
  • room512
    edited 28 January 2013 at 8:51PM
    Options
    Rang the bank again and apparently I won't be able to claim my money back at all. Can't do chargeback as they say I have to claim through PayPal. Totally hacked off and stressed now! Why do they say one thing and then change their mind? No point in taking it any further I don't think as visa chargeback is up to the bank's discretion so obviously they will just reject it. Hummmmph! Even crosser as I can't do anything with paypal as I closed my dispute as I decided to give Neil a chance. Last time I trust people, a hard lesson learnt.
  • ohmochraich
    Options
    room512 wrote: »
    Rang the bank again and apparently I won't be able to claim my money back at all. Can't do chargeback as they say I have to claim through PayPal. Totally hacked off and stressed now! Why do they say one thing and then change their mind? No point in taking it any further I don't think as visa chargeback is up to the bank's discretion so obviously they will just reject it. Hummmmph! Even crosser as I can't do anything with paypal as I closed my dispute as I decided to give Neil a chance. Last time I trust people, a hard lesson learnt.

Did you make it clear that you were out of the 45 day limit for PayPal and that the ONLY payment option was PayPal stress that it was paid via visa and that you have been advised by CAB. There's a lot of fobbing off going on! Visa offers the same protection to everyone no matter what the bank.....stand your ground...the bank is wrong. Ask to be put through to debit fraud dept they may have more of an idea!
    :rotfl:If it weren't for stress I'd have no energy at all. First rule of acting: Whatever happens, look as if it were intended.;)
    Don't follow in my footsteps, I walk into walls:smileyhea When in doubt .............mumble.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.:T I smile because i have no idea what's going on.:rotfl:
  • room512
    Options
    I did talk to the fraud department and they were adamant that any claim would be rejected. They were quite nasty about it and weren't going to be swayed. They said I must go through PayPal and I told them I couldn't as it was after the 45 days and they said basically said tough!
  • ohmochraich
    Options
    That totally sucks! So much for customer service. I wonder if it would be worth contacting visa debit direct? If that were my bank.....I'd be closing my accounts with them and moving to one with decent customer service. My heart goes out to you Room 512. He must realise the damage he has done! It's a shame there isn't anyone out there who would bring an action on behalf of everyone who fails to get their money back!
    :rotfl:If it weren't for stress I'd have no energy at all. First rule of acting: Whatever happens, look as if it were intended.;)
    Don't follow in my footsteps, I walk into walls:smileyhea When in doubt .............mumble.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.:T I smile because i have no idea what's going on.:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure