1430431432433434436»

Comments

• bsjwright
    bsjwright Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    midebt wrote: »
    hi there 16th may 07

recieved letter from halifax plc today

refused bank charge refunds of 700 approx...( includes interest )

thy say they have been correctly applied.............

what now ????

any advice please.............

Have you sent the second letter? If so, sue them through MCOL. Or sue them now.
  • MSE_Jenny
    MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please note this thread is now closed (not because of a new article - the thread got so long it was difficult to open). It's continued in article discussion part II
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As there are a lot of questions unanswered in this thread I'll come back and answer them later so please keep an eye on this thread later tonight.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    GarethR wrote: »
    Can someone clear up this for me, do they now have 14 days from 15th May to reply or do I have to wait until 20th then allow a further 14 days for them to respond??

Appreciate all replies :)

Please read the Reclaim Help Thread which is linked in my signature for the timings of MCOL.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    blondiebee wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I can claim back 'service charges' from a NEXT store/card account.

These service charges are anything from £1.50 - £30 a month?

Thanks

late payment and/or over limit fees only, this sounds like interest to me
  • Edinburghlass_2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    caleyles wrote: »
    Hi All
    I started the process of claiming back my charges back in january by asking for statements, i have gone through the template process and have now posted a summary clause action with the courts up here in scotland, the summons was served to the BOS and they have until 6th of June to put a defence into the court, i have received a letter today saying they have investigated my claim, sorry i'm not happ etc, is this pretty standard practice as there is only 3 weeks left for them to lodge a defence, any advise would be appreciated:confused:

you just need to wait now to see if they do defend.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    flor04 wrote: »
    I have successfully recieved offers for full payment of charges on my two Beneficial Credit Cards.

The offer letters say that, if accepted, the refunds will be credited to my respective accounts.

I know logically that this makes sense but as they have already suspended interest on my a balances AND I could really use the money for other pending debts, I really need the money to be paid by Cheque. I am proposing to accept their offer subject to payment by Cheque.

Can anyone advise me / tell me whether they have been down this route and of the outcome.

Thanks in advance

Do that and they will likely unfreeze the interest and you could be in a worse position than you are now.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    All cases via MCOL start in Northampton and if the bank defend it will be transferred to your local court.

If you get a letter from your bank/solicitor asking for further information, send the list of charges/spreadsheet again and read the appropriate thread regarding this.

There are links to all the major threads in the Reclaim Help Thread which is linked in my signature.

Farewell to this discussion thread, we have come a long, long way since 13 November when this actual board was set up with lots and lots of success stories :j

New discussion thread is here, see you there!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=454360

I'll leave this as a stickie for the rest of the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure