Reclaim Unfair Bank Charges Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• GarethR
    GarethR Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It seems Natwest are taking me the wire, not that I am concerned but it seems reading peoples story they have no real process for dealing with claims.

Worked out my charges..
    I sent my first letter, heard nothing
    I sent my second letter, heard nothing
    Threatened to take it to court, heard nothing
    Filed my MCOL, issued today..

Can someone clear up this for me, do they now have 14 days from 15th May to reply or do I have to wait until 20th then allow a further 14 days for them to respond??

Appreciate all replies :)
    Official DFW Member 587 :T
  • stforbes1
    Options
    Oing To A Small Claim Court Is Very Relaxed Been Before Nothing To Worry About And They Are Very Fair
  • spainluke
    Options
    lloyds won court case today courts said charges are lawful mine are at going to court stage will all banks now go to court and win
  • MaxedOutKev
    MaxedOutKev Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to ask again, but was wondering if I can claim on an account that was open approx 10 years ago? I did read somewhere about a 6 year period, but is this set in stone?
  • blondiebee_2
    blondiebee_2 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if I can claim back 'service charges' from a NEXT store/card account.

These service charges are anything from £1.50 - £30 a month?

Thanks
  • caleyles
    caleyles Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All
    I started the process of claiming back my charges back in january by asking for statements, i have gone through the template process and have now posted a summary clause action with the courts up here in scotland, the summons was served to the BOS and they have until 6th of June to put a defence into the court, i have received a letter today saying they have investigated my claim, sorry i'm not happ etc, is this pretty standard practice as there is only 3 weeks left for them to lodge a defence, any advise would be appreciated:confused:
    BORN TO RIDE - FORCED TO DRIVE

I wish I'd thought - Before I said what I thought!
    [/B][/COLOR]
  • midebt
    midebt Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    hi there 16th may 07

recieved letter from halifax plc today

refused bank charge refunds of 700 approx...( includes interest )

thy say they have been correctly applied.............

what now ????

any advice please.............
  • jonwayne01
    jonwayne01 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    hi guys,

it is now day 41 of having no reply to my 1st letter. however, i sent my first letter to my local barclays and then being informed of the address i should have sent it to. i kind of hoped that barclays would forward the letter to the approproate place for me. do i need to start the 40 day process again ro should i get in touch with my local branch to see what they are playing at?!
  • flor04
    flor04 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I have successfully recieved offers for full payment of charges on my two Beneficial Credit Cards.

The offer letters say that, if accepted, the refunds will be credited to my respective accounts.

I know logically that this makes sense but as they have already suspended interest on my a balances AND I could really use the money for other pending debts, I really need the money to be paid by Cheque. I am proposing to accept their offer subject to payment by Cheque.

Can anyone advise me / tell me whether they have been down this route and of the outcome.

Thanks in advance
  • codydog78
    codydog78 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    flor04 wrote: »
    I have successfully recieved offers for full payment of charges on my two Beneficial Credit Cards.

The offer letters say that, if accepted, the refunds will be credited to my respective accounts.

I know logically that this makes sense but as they have already suspended interest on my a balances AND I could really use the money for other pending debts, I really need the money to be paid by Cheque. I am proposing to accept their offer subject to payment by Cheque.

Can anyone advise me / tell me whether they have been down this route and of the outcome.

Thanks in advance
    maybe you could phone them, there should be contact details on the letter from whoever made you the offer, and request a cheque?
    you never know so it's woth a try!!!
    halifax: settled paid £2622.18:j
    lloyds tsb: £1038.83 inc interest, but claim on hold.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure