PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

OS Saturday 7th April '07

Options

Comments

• twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    ds1 should be home next sat grannybroon, my gran was eightynine when she passed away and her children were pensioners but she still worried about them
    its just adorable having grandchildren, i think the world of them as you do yours, bet you wont remember how tiny they are when finlay is born, how quick they seem to grow
  • tickb26
    tickb26 Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi all,

dont realy know what to say have just been reading posts from 5pm onwards and well done you lot.:T :T

I am feeling like poo as didnt get allon my list done and cant do it tomorrow as off to mums for a family thing. only my sister cant come down as she is poorly womans things went to A&E about it on thursday night and still no better. (she lives in hartlypool and we live in essex) :cry: so now wont see her till god knows when.

tick
    Tickb26
    XOXOXO
  • grannybroon
    grannybroon Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Twink

Yes, I just drool over new-borns in the pram. I am just an earth mother (earth granny!). Give me a baby and I am so happy! I could sit there for hours just cuddling. Maybe a throw back to be adopted and not quite sitting right with me. I was so happy when I had my two as they were 'mine' - a very tangible thing. I think I spoilt them too much but not quite feeling I had my place in the family was difficult. However, getting to grips now more with my hang-ups now a grandparent. Also DD and Sil and DS and partner in what appears to be stable and happy relationships so what more can we ask?

I am off to bed soon so will say night night to all and love and hugs.

GB
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Forgot to say Happy Birthday to Michelle!:beer: sorry its so late, I hope you've had a lovely day!

Jobs all done, have had a long soak in a bubbly bath and am now relaxing with my scented candles for a nice quiet evening in with DH;) one DS is on a camp-over and the other is out till late:D

Car booting in the morning

xxxx
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    moggins

I agree with the others - if you do not want to put stuff on the pavement - do you have a garage or a shed where it could go?

It is not fair to children or you to mess about like this - it is a form of torture!

Hope that you "get rid!" soon.

Did loads of washing and bleached double sinks in kitchen and then cleaned bathroom.

Had baked salmon and salad for tea and need to defrost chicken for tomorrow and Sunday lunch.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Emmy
    Emmy Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    Queenie wrote: »

Emmy – good luck finding some bargain table and chairs. Personally, the best time for a bargain on those items, and let’s face it they are an investment kind of purchase, is actually in the Autumn. Couple of years back now we bought a beautiful set for a quarter of it’s original selling price! From a store’s point of view, they want rid because they need the floor/storage space. I know it means waiting but worth bearing in mind?

Yes, great idea.... the one we are after was £330 but I saw it yesterday at £120 so I don't think I can risk waiting :D
    :heartpuls Number 1 Aunty Gok fan :heartpuls
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    Options
    Hi from Sunny Spain,or it was earlier. After a horredous thunderstorm around 8.30 this morning, it clear up the sun came out and it was certainly warmer than Yorkshire.
    Birthday wishes and (((hugs)))
    Take care
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Emmy
    Emmy Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    (((HUGS))) Moggins
    :heartpuls Number 1 Aunty Gok fan :heartpuls
  • grannybroon
    grannybroon Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Options
    hi donny-gal

Off to La Cala south of Fuengirola next month for a week. Hope weather fine for us to celebrate DH's 60th!

Have a good holiday!.

Really really going to bed now!

GB xxx
  • tickb26
    tickb26 Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hey all again,

sitting with terrys choc orange for comfort food but not sure if i should eat it as is ment to be my easter egg from OH
    Tickb26
    XOXOXO
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills