PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Saturday 7th April '07

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for 07 April 2007. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread
after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

:hello: Goooood Morning fellow OS’ers

catznine – good luck at the dentist today
elona – ouchie! Hope you can get an appointment asap!
racy – you made me laugh over those coots :D
granny broon – hope you don’t wake up aching from all your gardening! Pleased your dh is now improving.
aussielass – the bunny should find you, you simply haven’t looked where it’s hidden ;)
csarina – you must be feeling much better now for getting some regular sleep!!
Haribo Junkie – your chimnea/dh post make me :rotfl:
Snowy – must be something in the air, my cat had a trim yesterday too; fortunately he kept his claws to himself and was extremely well behaved. Hope your scratches aren’t too stingy!
moggins – thinking of you today ((hugs))

So much for my early night! Even though I slept well, it simply means I woke early :laugh: I know that tonight will be a very late one. Once J goes to bed (she can’t manage to stay up long in the evenings) A & P will be ready for a good old gab.

Very pleased with the results of the silicon muffin tray, so now I have a lovely batch of muffins in the freezer together with some muffin shaped meatloaves. Simnel Cake turned out a treat and is ready for packing.

Have some online shopping to do this morning and a bit of coursework then I’ll be setting off (note to self, must clear the boot before I go). Hopefully the book I ordered from Amazon will arrive in the post before I leave too. It’s not essential that I have it before I go, but I know it’s been despatched and I’d rather have it here than languishing at the sorting office over the holidays.

Wishing you all a lovely Easter Saturday :wave:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    Ooooh nearly missed it ...

:beer: Happy Birthday, Michelle :beer:

... hope you are spoiled rotten :D:D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • skystar
    skystar Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Queenie and all who follow.

Happy Birthday Michelle :beer:. (I am also a 1979 baby - it must have been a good year :D ).

Just getting ready for work at the moment. Hopefully as it is a Bank Holiday weekend it will be quiet (I work for a bank so most people assume we are closed).

Today is stepson's 11th birthday. Got a bargainous pressie from Argos for him - a GameBoy accessory kit to go with the GB he got at Christmas. It was reduced from £19.99 to 99p :T :j :T. Also got a few reduced games as well. And from The Book People a set of books reduced from over £30 to £3 :j :T :j. There is more gear on order from Play.com but it has yet to make an appearance. I (think) there is a post today so hopefully it will come in that.

Yesterday hubby and I bought a new car (well new to us):j. Must be my lucky week for the bargains as it was slightly underpriced in the first place and then we got much more than we expected as a trade in for our car. Pick it up on Thursday - can't wait.

Unsure of plans yet for after work. Birthday boy can't decide what he wants to do yet. If it turns out to be a nice day we may go away for the afternoon :confused:.

After today off work until Tuesday but again no plans for tomorrow or Monday. One day will probably be spent doing a deep spring clean.

Must dash

Have a great day folks :D
  • Emmy
    Emmy Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    Morning...... another lovely day :D

Nice early start as I have to go into town with DD to open her her new bank accounts (sixteen now where did that time go???). I suppose she will get me to go into primark for 'just a(nother) look'.

Our garden is looking alot better, seeds done, bulbs in and some turf laid..... just need a table and chairs now :D looking for a bargain!!!

Anyhow have a lovely day everyone :D
    x x
    :heartpuls Number 1 Aunty Gok fan :heartpuls
  • Emmy
    Emmy Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    Opps I missed it too

Happy Birthday Michelle ...... have a lovely day doing something you enjoy :D
    :heartpuls Number 1 Aunty Gok fan :heartpuls
  • groatie_queen
    Options
    Happy Birthday Michelle, have a brilliant day!!

Well, my lovely ex-lodger and I had a brill evening, heard all about her adventures up north, and evidently the cottage was fantastic, so I'll keep the details for another time. Big hugs when she left, she's such a darling.

I'm off to be spoiled by my auntie for 48 hours, so have a brilliant Easter everyone.

Moggins, will be thinking of you and DD today. It will just keep getting better after this, with your determination to make the best of your life, your dd will thrive because of that.

Happy Easter and love to all
    GQ xxx
    If you have a talent, use it in every which way possible. Don't hoard it. Don't dole it out like a miser. Spend it lavishly like a millionaire intent on going broke.

-- Brendan Francis

• Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All

Happy Birthday Michelle - have a good one.

Just sitting here with my coffee enjoying the peace and quiet before anyone else gets up.Puppy is in a playful mood so may get dressed quickly and take him for a walk on my own across the fields. Will go down and along the sea wall later when the sun is really up with the kids.

Plans for today - hairdressers this morning then probably ironing while the builder is hopefully setting up the cooker sink and dishwasher. Bad news is we seem to have a strange leak under one of the cupboards so that needs looking at - dont know if we will have time today. Need to put off the tiler again as they definately wont be ready for that but I dont care as long as I get a working cooker.

Looking forward to tomorrow as we are going to go on the Woodland Walk at Jimmys Farm, they are having a barbeque there tomorrow also, had to check that they allowed dogs which they do so that is great. On monday we have got a big market in a local town, it only comes on bank hol mondays and last year got cancelled a lot due to rain. Hopefully will get some garden bargains and some fruit and veg.

Anyway need to get on so have a great day.
  • AMIE399
    AMIE399 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning to you all,

happy birhtday michelle

moggings... sending you loads of hugs.. good luck.. stay strong.. we are all here for you and will be thinking of you

every bit of my body hurts this morning !!! i spent most of the day digging out plants and shrubs and replanting them and digging out loads of tree roots.. and dont even get me started on all the ivy !!!!!!! we are laying the concrete today.. we haven t got the paving slabs yet... knowing my oh .. this could take weeks !!!!!!

my sister and nephew are going home today, my nan is still here but she is staying with my mum ( she only lives 5 mins away )

we are going to London to see oh family tommorrow.

going to make them raspberry muffins this morning before i get back out the garden.... where is Alan Titmarsh when you need him !

have a great day
    hugs to you all
    Loraine x x x
    slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
    started 27/1/10
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    morning all

looks more promising weatherwise today, have the wm on anyway with some of kyles washing, got a big bagful over yesterday
    cleaned the house yesterday and did the windows, then kyle, me and the three dgs had a nice country walk, saw a black sheep with his head stuck through the fence so we alerted the farmer then had a run round by aunties house then home
    i gave the boys their easter eggs yesterday and put a soft blanket over for lo to snuggle up to at night so fingers crossed it worked, not likely though

moggins and dd big hugs for today, we are all here for you xx
    catznine and elona, hope you get your toothaches sorted today
    racy loved the pics and the updates on the coots
    hugs to smoky
    ccstar glad the house is sorted now

Happy Birthday michelle and skystars stepson :j

hugs to all xx
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning, probably my earliest post ever. Only one up for a change, usually the boys are up by now but they did go to sleep later last night. DP came home from work at 4am, went to bed just after and woke up not long after with a pain across his neck/jaw. He's been throwing himself about in the bed since about then, hence I am up. I've sent him to bed again at 6.30am with more pain killers, poor guy can't get to sleep and he's exhausted. So here I am :) Washers on second load (DS2s duvet) kitchens a mess again as I've started sorting again :rotfl: always make more mess tidying up. Dogs been out and fed. DPs boss has bought the boys Easter Eggs, he's a lovely guy (DP is his first and only employee) and bought for them and us at Christmas but part of me wishes he wouldn't. Makes me feel a tad guilty.

Happy Birthday Michelle, hope you have a great day. Skystars stepson happy birthday too :)

Right best go, can hear him moving around again, don't know what else I can do as no idea what's causing the pain. Oh and I'm joining with the aching from gardening and walking crew, back of my right legs going crackers!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    lil_me hope you dont mind me saying but i would phone nhs direct if DP is still having neck/jaw pain just to rule out anything worrying x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure