PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

OS Saturday 7th April '07

Options

Comments

• csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    moggins wrote: »
    Grrrrrr I am really really really annoyed! I have DD breaking into tears all day, I am tired and fed up and stayed away from home for ages and finally come home to find virtually nothing shifted!! Just the few boxes he packed and some clothes. I don't even know where the hell he is! The house is empty and I am surrounded by his crap and I can't even get any housework done. I am absolutely livid. The tv's haven't been switched over, his computer is still plugged in, what the hell has he been doing all day?

Moggs shove it all on the pavement and lock the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    exactly what i was going to say csarina, hugs to you moggins and your dd, hang in there x
  • stefejb
    stefejb Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    Options
    csarina wrote: »
    Moggs shove it all on the pavement and lock the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... and then do a raindance :D
    I'm going to feed our children non-organic food and with the money saved take them to the zoo - half man half biscuit 2008
  • grannybroon
    grannybroon Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Queenie - thanks for your thoughts re garden. No, not too sore today but I did take it easy! Hope to do a bit more tomorrow

Moggins - thinking of you today and just read your latest. Get the b@@@@@ out of there. Put his stuff in the street!

Crazychick - aren't hangovers awful but we do go back and do it again! We should learn from it shouldn't we.

Smoky - just keep in there and don't let him do too much.

Math - wondered where you were as not been able to keep up to much. Glad you are enjoying your break.

Johanne - eek! GB had a little mouse who used to go to the bird nuts but when he came inside I drew the line. A hamster is one thing, a field mouse another! I am afraid I had to take drastic action. I bought a plastic run through thing with poison stuff in it (very drastic) but no problem since.

Mean-Marie - what do you mean mid-40s? Mid 50's and it is scary!! However compensated by being a Granny!

Blairweech - you are just going through the transition. Not having been there not fully up to speed with emotions. But probably right.

Kyle - spoke to DD about what she calls sleep training and your problems. They have done it with both but at a much younger age but then did have to do it again around the 12-18 month stage.

Had a lovely day today. Had lots of time with DD and DGs's and they are coming here after 3 sleeps. Plenty time in garden playing hide and seek etc plus went to local garden centre. SIL on a huge day long stag - DD slightly worried! Centre of Edinburgh can be a bit scary. However, he is staying elsewhere tonight so hopes he behaves!

DGs3 had a huge rummage around in Mummy's tummy this afternoon when we had coffee post Garden Centre. Had a good feel of the kicks which was lovely. He was doing the bladder press for about an hour today!! You know what I mean!!!

Happy birthday to those celebrating and welcome to new friends.

Hope everyone else all OK.

Love and hugs

GB (very tired GB!!!)

xx
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    moggins - everyone else got there first - put his stuff in bin bags and outside the door - and then give DD a big hug and have a girly night in, will be thinking of you, take care xxxxxxxxxxx
  • grannybroon
    Options
    Obviously a few new posts while I was tip tapping on keyboard.

Hope your blankie works Twink! Kyle seems to think it helped a wee bit last night. Probably better to let the cold get over the worst before insisting on the sleep training. Can still jump on the train to Aberdeen if needed (or is it better Inverness?). Do you know that when I was about 10 parents brought me down from Thurso in car and put me on train to Edinburgh from Inverness to visit my aunt and cousins? I got into the engine and the guard looked after me all the way down!!! You just can't do that now!

Love

GB
  • ~~H~~_4
    ~~H~~_4 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    AMIE399 wrote: »
    had to pop back on just to say WOW i just made the raspberry muffins, they are sooooooo yummy !!!! thanks pinkwinged x x x

Ive heard raspberry muffins mentioned before ... where can I find the recipe?
    A well balanced life is a glass in each hand ;)
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    hi grannybroon, we are roughly halfway between aberdeen and inverness, i agree about the trains, i think my stepsister and i had just been into our teens and we were put on the train to leeds from aberdeen
    hope lo does sleep tonight, he is such a cute wee man, saw some great pics of the boys today, bet you are looking forward to your new grandchild
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ~~H~~ wrote: »
    Ive heard raspberry muffins mentioned before ... where can I find the recipe?

Hi Hilary,

The recipe for the raspberry muffins is on this thread: Yummy muffin recipe!

Pink
  • grannybroon
    Options
    Twink - yes, very much awaited. Just love the two we have and Finlay very much part of the family already! I think I am going to have a lovely summer when he arrives late June, early July. Can't wait!

Never thought being a Granny and Grandad could bring so much joy! (I still get concerned about DD when she gets too tired, as I know you do about Kyle. Mums are Mums for life!!!!!!!!!). Plus you have the added worry about your son overseas.

GB xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family