PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st October 2012

Options

Comments

• deus
    deus Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Pix - I hope you are going well with decluttering as your start today. As others have said - HHC's are great!

I didn't get much more done yesterday. Car MOT and service cost a small fortune, and on the drive home it didn't feel right and then a warning light started flashing :( The garage was closed today so I will have to try to get it back in for next week. But I start my new job on Monday and I will have to get 2 buses there and back. I'm not sure that all that travelling and being in a new job will be very conducive to flying next week!

Anyway, today I haven't done a lot yet. Just some washing, drying and putting away dishes. Have also done WM x 3 and all hung out on the line, but I'm not sure they'll have dried much because it is very still and not sunny.

I totally forgot about SCD last night, so I will do a HHC now of tidying and hoovering, get the laundry in and sort it, and prep dinner. Then I can be ready to catch up on SCD from last night and then watch tonight's episode :D
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pixie FairyDust I only joined a couple of months ago, and the difference is amazing. All the tips you have been given work, but you have to choose the one that works for you first off. For me, it was cleaning the kitchen sink properly (I'd just been wiping it around when it happened to be empty) and then spending 30 minutes putting things in the right rooms. That was it, nothing else, and then I rewarded myself. I've been cracking on ever since.

Vanilla When I was house training a litter of kittens I found the only thing they could scramble in and out of without having to highjump over the edge was a really cheap (we're talking 99p) roasting tin, with litter in it A bit of clean litter would escape over the edge occasionally, but as Pigpen says, you might need another one somewhere else in the short term anyway.

I've spent a week getting to grips with my office and I've now got two completely clear shelves, hurrah! I've also got nine boxes of assorted sorted gibble to deal with, but I'll worry about that on Monday. My office has been the house dumping ground for 10 years so this is the accumulation of decision-making procrastination. As I say I'll deal with it on Monday ....
    Better is good enough.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hour in the garden done
    Half the washing in ready for ironing with SCD
    Another pile cleared from the RofD

Going to file the paper work which has been on the dining table all week even it it takes me until midnight!
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 October 2012 at 4:48PM
    Options
    Daily routines
    washing, S
    swish and swipe kitchen S S
    bathroom, S S
    ironing, S S
    making beds, S S
    vaccuuming high traffic areas S S
    making meals S

Night-time
    preparing clothes for the next day, S S
    swish & swipes of the kitchen S S
    tidying the living room S S

Monday - Living Room, Hall & Stairs
    Level Two
    Dust any dusty bits
    Clear and wipe coffee table
    Level Three
    Wipe door handles and light switches
    Clear the hallway
    Wipe mirrors

Tuesday - Kitchen & Dining Room
    Level Two
    Clear and wipe dining table
    Clear floors
    Level Three
    Mop floors
    Clean microwave
    Extras
    Wipe out fridge

Wednesday - Bathroom & Study
    Level Two
    mop floors
    Level Three
    Clear and wipe desk
    Extras
    Delete unwanted emails

Thursday - Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level One
    replace bedding
    Level Three
    Hoover all floors that you can see
    Clear and wipe windowsills
    Extras
    Collect all washing
    HHI

Oh, I've lost Fridays..............will find that now........

ETA, here it is...........
    Friday - Children's Bedrooms and/or Spare Rooms
    Level One
    replace bedding
    Level Two
    Clear floors
    Level Three
    Dust all dusty bits
    Hoover floors
    Wipe skirting boards
    Extras
    Me time!

Will get DD to do the floor, dusting and hoovering when her and ger friend have finished making chocolates..........

bEEN SHOPPING MOST OF THE DAY SO JUST RESTING MY LEGS AND WILLCRACK ON......ooops, sorry for the caps........
  • Rowan_tree_2
    Options
    Hi Vanilla. Lucky you with a kitten! What Honey Bear said - I once needed an extra litter tray urgently and used an old roasting tin that had not been used in years. Nice low sides too, for a kitten or an old cat that has sore joints.

Do remember, kittens are like babies! Lots of frequent, little meals, lots of time to rest, and all cats need access to fresh water at all times, even if you don't see them drink, they do! A 'Lucky' kitty indeed to have you!! I hope all goes well with the KD too, you have my extra good wishes coming your way.

Been a better flylady today! Mopped kitchen and conservatory floors, cleaned bathroom, tidied round, did friend's shopping and cleaned for him, did our shopping and just enjoying a cuppa after a long shower. OH due back around 7pm, and I've a tasty, but easy meal, in case of delays on the motorway.

Welcome to Pixie, and good luck, you are with nice people here! I am still fairly new, but the best advice I can give, following on from that already given, is to spend even 5 - 10 minutes 'putting the house to bed'. Wash any pots or stack dishwasher, tidy the surfaces, chuck away any rubbish or papers/mags off tables, plump cushions and if you are always dashing in a morning make sure any change, shoes, coats, handbags are ready - the difference it makes is amazing.

Good luck, and good vibes to everyone, R x.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A good day at the studio then decluttered 900 comics to a comic fair. I will clear this hovel. Relented and allowed DS1 to go to Goose Fair with his friends. I felt sorry for him and gave him some money and so did DH unknowingly to each other. Crafty these children are.
    DS2 is eating tea whilst I cook for everyone else. Chicken wraps & homemade oven chips. Num num

Have to do DS1 USA visa wava thing and am a bit apprehensive. It needs to be at school before Friday along with more forms.

I need to make a list I think.
  • deus
    deus Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    Since my last post I managed to:

S&S bathroom
    Dusting in bedroom
    Tidying and putting away in bedroom and living room
    Quick vacuum through downstairs
    Laundry off the line and onto airers and radiators

Now just catching up on last night's SCD with a cuppa and then I'll make dinner in time for tonight's SCD. Phew!
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Laundry in, ironed and airing.

Just need to carry on ploughing through the paperwork.

Cress seeds bought for science. Involved me going to the Garden Centre...oh they are all Christmassy up there.

DS's suit picked up from launderette (they do dry cleaning, too). Launderette entirely staffed (today) by ladies in the 4' range - I felt like a giant and I'm only 5' 3":rotfl:
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    edited 6 October 2012 at 6:36PM
    Options
    Ohhh I'm away to investigate Snow Fairy stuff!!!

ETA Cor - thats not cheap stuff
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    toochoosey wrote: »
    Daily routines
    washing, S
    swish and swipe kitchen S S
    bathroom, S
    ironing, S S
    making beds, S S
    vaccuuming high traffic areas S S
    making meals S

Night-time
    preparing clothes for the next day, S S
    swish & swipes of the kitchen S S
    tidying the living room S S

Monday - Living Room, Hall & Stairs
    DONE

Tuesday - Kitchen & Dining Room
    Level Two
    Clear and wipe dining table
    Clear floors
    Level Three
    Mop floors
    Clean microwave
    Extras
    Wipe out fridge

Wednesday - Bathroom & Study
    Level Two
    mop floors
    Extras
    Delete unwanted emails

Thursday - Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level One
    replace bedding
    Level Three
    Hoover all floors that you can see
    Extras
    Collect all washing
    HHI

ETA, here it is...........
    Friday - Children's Bedrooms and/or Spare Rooms
    Level One
    replace bedding
    Level Three
    Dust all dusty bits
    Hoover floors
    Wipe skirting boards
    Extras
    Me time!

DD is sleeping over her friends so will get a lot of me time tonight and hopefully get some more jobs done off the list.........having five now..........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure