PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st October 2012

Options

Comments

• Rowan_tree_2
    Rowan_tree_2 Posts: 335 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2012 at 9:39PM
    Options
    short_bird wrote: »
    Did he not get anything from your fish & chips:D

Hi Short bird. The little devil turned his nose up at the (best) bit of fish I gave him! He's into one of the smelliest foods now, but anyone who has a cat will know that will only be his favourite for a few days, or until I've bought a job lot of them!! He crawled over me to get to the cream cheese on my toast today!

Flying wise, I was at work, but am still on my own until tomorrow, so flying was minimal. OH will be back with loads of washing and gibble tomorrow, so my neat and quiet times will end, but the place wil be a home again! ;) I am quite quiet on my own, and tidy, but, heck, houses (and bungalows) are meant for living in!!

Need to get the WM on overnight and do the kitchen and conservatory floors tomorrow, will then shop for sick friend, then our food shopping and get a nice meal on for us both.

By the way, any bird watchers, two little, pale wrens at the table and bird table first thing. It was lovely to see them, it's been quiet, very few birds recently, but two magpies later on too, at the open table.

Oh dear, I seem to be bopping to Take That again! Here's Robbie, so off I go and let him Entertain Me!!? Bye for now and good vibes for everyone. R
  • Rowan_tree_2
    Rowan_tree_2 Posts: 335 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2012 at 9:44PM
    Options
    Hi Bossymoo. I'm not! I'm recording SCD and watching Take That - again! Love reading about your little moos, though! They sound adorable!! Love, R x

Blimey, huge rain storm up here again, it's been scarily heavy these last few days, huge downpours in minutes.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,003 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    christmas shopping!!!!!!!!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Pixie_Fairydust
    Options
    Please help me :( Short version of a long story, I need to sell the house, but due to me feeling very down in the dumps my housework has suffered :(

I so need to give the whole house a thorough clean but there is so much to do I just don't know where to start, so I don't! and then at the end of the day I feel even more down and hopeless!

I hope I don't sound like a drama queen, I just need some inspiration, thanks in advance :T

Pix
    🎄The most wonderful time of the year 🎄
    #14 - PAYDTBX23
    #23 - 1% debt challenge
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pix welcome. Start tomorrow with level one of any day listed in post one. Once you've managed that maybe try level one in another room. You will get there.

DS3 home, had a great time - piles of very wet and smelly washing so that's what I'm busy doing.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,003 Forumite
    Options
    knitting of the irritating frill is now complete so I can go to bed..

and tomorrow I have a whole christmas present list to update...

still needing ideas for 3 birthdays.. all girls.. 12, 10 and 8 about £20-£30.. and a main christmas present for the 8 and 10 y/os... Help?!?!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    Options
    Good Morning Flybabes :p :wave:

I have work this morning then OU tutorial this afternoon. DD will tidy and clean while I'm out :A She has a friend staying tonight then a group of them are going to the radio 1 teen awards at Wembley Arena on Sunday; I will have the house to myself ALL day... bliss :)

Pixie Fairydust hello lovey and welcome xx I know the feeling of not knowing where to start and doing nothing :o My advice would be:
    • Don't panic!!
    • CLEAR first then clean - if a room is tidy (or tidier...) it will look so much better and you will feel better, even if you haven't dusted/hoovered/wiped
    • Keep the stairs and hallway clear and hoovered
    • Keep the toilets and sinks clean
    • Keep the coffee table clear and clean
    • Binbag dances and Half Hour Challenges (HHC) - see page 1 - just half an hour in one room doing whatever needs doing without really thinking - just get going, you've only got half an hour :D - can have amazing results very quickly
    • Check back here for encouragement and company on your HHCs
    • Post your progress it will inspire you - and others

Good luck! I'll be back to check on you later lol. Love to all. Must dash... xx
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • xx_Jo_xx
    xx_Jo_xx Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Good morning all,

Pix - I agree with the others... Little steps here and there soon add up to make a big difference. It didnt get messy overnight, so it wont be like a shiny pin overnight again either! But if you feel its hopeless trying to start the lists right away, then there are quick ways to make a big difference!

Go round each room with a black bag firstly and - FILL IT! Anything you dont want, rubbish, newspapers, magazines etc. If you spot anything lying around that you havent used in forever, or is broken or damaged...fling that too! (You might want a second bag for the charity shop/ebay) but be RUTHLESS! You can do it, and we will help you :)

Then go into each room and take out all of the stuff that doesnt belong in that room... so if there are clothes in the kitchen waiting to be put away, or jackets on the back of the sofa etc - put them in the room they need to go in.

Gather up all the laundry from all over the house and get it in the laundry basket and put a wash on.

Get yourself a timer and do as much TIDYING/PUTTING AWAY/CLEARING as you can in each room for 15/30 minutes...

You should see a big difference hopefully and will have cleared the decks a little bit for you to start on the lists at Level one

HTH

xx
    :)Sometimes lurking, sometimes posting, but always flying:)
    You are supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake! - The Holiday
    DFW :idea: August 2013... Debt total £15,475.56 - Jan 15 £11,738.66 - DEBT FREE by 2015
    Feb GC £48.02/£250 (£201.98)
    :D I will declutter my house and debts :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,844 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

WM is on
    Stuffed ironed for work
    Floors done
    Cat fed

Have a good day xx
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Welcome pix! The HHC is a minor miracle, set the kitchen timer for 30min and tackle one corner only. It's amazing how much you get done, and really spurs you on to do more. Just keep setting that ticker, and make sure you schedule in tea breaks :D

Well, tots have eaten cereal, crumpets and now moved on to those belvita cereal biscuits. I am having a cuppa then will survey my empire. A bit of laundry shuffling is in order, and perhaps a HHI.

Grandparent central today, inlaws are back from hols and visiting, my dad has also called, and my mum will be round this aft from work. Out for curry tonight. It's supposed to be a really good one too...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family