PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st October 2012

Options

Comments

• Pixie_Fairydust
    Options
    dustykitten, bonnie_bumpkins, xx_jo_xx and bossymoo

Wow you are all so kind and generous with your encouragement :T thank you so much, just what i needed.

Today is the first day of my new cleaning regime, thanks to you all :).

I'm going to walk up to the bank and Boots to pick up my prescription, its such a lovely day here, so the exercise may kick start me!

Once again thanks very much and I will keep you posted on my progress. Plan is to be able to sit down and watch strictly and feel pleased with myself!

Have a great day all of you, Pix
    xxxxx
    🎄The most wonderful time of the year 🎄
    #14 - PAYDTBX23
    #23 - 1% debt challenge
  • **Vanilla**
    Options
    Morning all, ended up with a very busy day yesterday with me driving up the lane to see what i thought was a dirty rag, next thing it turns it's head at me. So another little kitten that fred has had a go at. :mad:

So kitten brought up here and dried off abit, it's black and white. Doesn't seem hurt so fred had been pushing it around in the mud. Poor thing was so tired and so hungry, i think fred would have killed it in the end. :(

Anyway it seems happy now and kids love it, even named it "Lucky". My problem is i haven't had a kitten since i was small so i don't have a clue on how to house train it? Any tips would be great, it has had a few accidentents and i've cleaned that up but i still smell it, what do other people use to get rid of the smell? It will have to stay in the house because of the dogs.

Throw into the mix that KD is away to hospital very unwell, he went yesterday. Kids don't know yet...
    Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.”
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Pigpen
    £20 -£30 girls pressies - my DD loves Lush [she's 12] so vouchers or goodies from there are a must [easy to spend £30 and have nothing to show for it], she also loves books by Malorie Blackman, DVDs - Hunger Games or Snow White and the Huntsmen, after that I'm stuck too :]]

Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,002 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pigpen
    £20 -£30 girls pressies - my DD loves Lush [she's 12] so vouchers or goodies from there are a must [easy to spend £30 and have nothing to show for it], she also loves books by Malorie Blackman, DVDs - Hunger Games or Snow White and the Huntsmen, after that I'm stuck too :]]

Helen

TY.. We don't do dvd's, books I bought lots and lots last night.. inc Hunger Games. I bought 12 bottles of Snow Fairy last year! lol
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,783 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Vanilla - have you got a litter tray? They're usually very good at finding them; pop the kitty on the litter tray after feeding.

Pixie

welcome to the thread...don'tknow if you have lurked but your house didn't get like that in a day - it will take as long to clean it.

I would go with Jo's advice; get a couple of bin bags, or boxes; label one Charity Shop - and, as she says, be ruthless - if you don't love it let it go - it will be less to pack when you move anyway;) and label one bin and get flinging.

Once you've had a fling _ and this is visible stuff, by the way, not stuff in drawers or cupboards, we'll get to them later, do the Half hour challenges. Even Kim and Aggie start by shifting stuff out - but they, of course, have a HUGE team. You, on the other hand, have us.

Here in Valliland the washing is all done; what can be ironed (ie is dry) has been and is airing on the maiden in front of a sunny window; the last bits are on the line drying.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • **Vanilla**
    Options
    Thanks Valli, litter tray got last night. Lucky didn't use it then but has been using it this morning. :D I've moved her into the front hall so there is less noise. Both dogs sitting at the door watching and lucky is watching them..:rotfl:

Livingroom floor been cleared and mopped. Kids getting dressed now so we can head to town and get the bike thing for the car. WM, TD and DW all on.
    Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.”
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,002 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Vanilla.. if she goes elsewhere scoop it up and put her and her mess in the box.. she will soon get what to do. If she keeps going in the same place.. put a second tray there so she learns to use the tray then move it a bit at a time untill it is where you want it to be.

Potty 1 floor 0.. ;)
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all, day is wizzing past.

All dirty stuff from DS3 trip washed and drying outside.
    DH busy giving my u-bend a good flushing.

Two kids eating lunch, one needs to go to work soon, DH will take him and I'm going to do an hour in the garden, paperwork can wait until tomorrow.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 6 October 2012 at 4:53PM
    Options
    afternoon all
    welcome to our new flyer pixie fairydust, i see youve already been given lots of good advice

i hope all are well

Pigpen i see you are also a lush fan, snow fariy is my favourite lush product i think. i have to get all my gilrs enough of that at christmas to last all year as well. ive used lush since they were cosmetics to go (im older than you)

doing craft stuff this afty as dh is kiting and the house is reasonable.

have a good afternoon all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • SpiritoftheSouthWest
    Options
    what a beautiful day. Why couldn't it have been like this yesterday when I visited Rosemoor RHS garden. Still I musn't complain as it didn't rain until the afternoon and I really enjoyed the visit.

Today I have been playing catch up. There now seems very little left to do; so I am going to spend some time in the garden.

x

Spirit
    Joined Slimming World originally in December 05 at 17st 9lb and then followed a very hilly route. I now weigh 11st 12 lbs. Whoops, I'll now have to confess to being 12st 12lbs.:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure