PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st October 2012

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dave's gone home now; he was picked up about an hour ago, so I need to get a spot of Flying done now, as Bailey and Cassie will be arriving midday on Tuesday.:D These are new dogs to me; apparently Bailey is a 12 year old collie (don't know whether border or Lassie-type) and Cassie is a 6 year old crossbreed, which could mean anything!:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    Options
    bossy that was so funny... I did an actual real-life LOL!! :D

back from work...
    • more towels in TD
    • dry washing away
    • old display cabinet scrubbed & polished ready to go back to the shop this afternoon - thanks to NN & his van :A
    • soup slurped
    • loos S&S
    • sink shined

now I need to...
    • parcel up the boots I don't want from the New Look delivery last week
    • take to PO
    • take glass to recycling
    • make my bed
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We aim to please! :D

Well I've sorted my paperwork, feeling very virtuous. All filed, shredded, recycled as appropriate. Have taken out all DHs stuff ready to go in loft with the other things I'm keeping safe. I've eaten the frog that my solicitor asked me to do back in January, which is write down about the inheritance tax, and how his allowance can be passed to me as all was either in joint names or came directly to me, therefore IHT free. So all that is done and stored with my will, along with the notes of where the children's money is! In case I depart this mortal coil any time soon...

Next job is have a quick look at my new budget, and put my cash in separate purses. Have been a bit happŷ with the plastic lately so am going to stick to cash for a while and rein in the spending. So, I have a purse for groceries, a purse for my every day stuff, and a purse for treats for us, soft play and snacks out etc.

Feeling very organised!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • deus
    deus Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats on the arrival of your cousin amyloofoo

Hi everyone. I didn't manage to get on yesterday - was very busy having fun and baking cakes! Just did the daily type stuff.

Today I have taken my car for a service and MOT and I need to go and pick it up later when it is done. I will also then pop into the shop and buy some food for dinner. I am making a meal from Jamie's 30 min meals and an apple crumble for pudding. I like to make a special effort on a Friday to make OH and I feel better about staying in. It seems that most friends our age (late 20s) are always out drinking on a Friday but we are trying to save money.

Earlier I made a carrot and parsnip soup that will do for lunches tomorrow and Sunday as well. Whilst that was cooking I wiped out the fridge.

Now I will get on with the lists before I need to pick up my car and do the food shop.

My extras for the week:
    Pick top 3 wedding venues to view
    [STRIKE]Get friend's address and post card[/STRIKE]
    Put away summer shoes and dig out winter boots + clean / polish
    [STRIKE]Batch cook soup for lunches[/STRIKE]
    Consider selling on ebay (read about how!)
    Start decluttering spare room

Monday - Living Room, Hall & Stairs
    DONE :j

Tuesday - Kitchen & Dining Room
    Level One
    DONE
    Level Two
    DONE
    Level Three
    DONE
    Extras
    Clear a hotspot - key basket

Wednesday - Bathroom & Study
    Level One
    DONE
    Level Two
    DONE
    Level Three
    DONE
    Extras
    Delete unwanted emails

Thursday - Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level One
    Strip, wash & replace bedding - Sunday job
    Level Two
    Hoover mattress - Sunday when changing bedding
    Level Three
    Hoover all floors that you can see
    Clear and wipe windowsills
    Extras
    Collect all washing
    HHI

Friday - Children's Bedrooms and/or Spare Rooms
    No kids here and the spare room has not been used (although it is a frog that needs sorting due to needing a big declutter)

Right better get a move on!
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Beds stripped, bedding washed and first lot now ironed and airing on maiden.
    Took DD to docs, Unfortunately we were 24 hours late - my fault and I feel awful about wasting NHS resources :o must have not had my appointments head screwed on.:o

Other than that though everywhere is cleaned and tidied; I need to go through my work stuff now and deal with paperwork.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • xx_Jo_xx
    xx_Jo_xx Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Thanks for all your feedback... He is sensible and I knew he wouldnt do anything stupid! He would either slob around watching TV or playing on his computer... And I do let him get the bus from my brothers to school etc when he has had to in the past! And as you rightly point out that is a lot less safe than being at home! But it just FEELS not right... :rotfl: To me he is still a baby!

Anyway, I collected him from my aunty on the way home from Uni and I left him for 10 minutes while I popped along to the shop for Electric....he immediately plonked himself in front of the TV and he was in the same position when I came back as he had been when I left!! Me... Stressed?? :cool:

Anyway, I have
    • refilled the WM
    • closed all the windows and wiped sills. (Temperature is meant to drop and FROST is forecast for tonight :( )
    • Spuds and cauliflower peeled/chopped and in pots!
    Thats about it so far!

Off to collect my Nephew again then will sort out the bathroom when I get back, whilst tea is cooking!

Laters xx
    :)Sometimes lurking, sometimes posting, but always flying:)
    You are supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake! - The Holiday
    DFW :idea: August 2013... Debt total £15,475.56 - Jan 15 £11,738.66 - DEBT FREE by 2015
    Feb GC £48.02/£250 (£201.98)
    :D I will declutter my house and debts :D
  • bossymoo
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, I have been "baby" this afternoon, with DS being dad and DD being mum. She was horrible to her baby, telling me to stop crying and sit on the step. DS was lovely, brought me "cup of tea" and gave me his dinosaur as a present. He said they were going to work and I could get my own dinner, lol.
    Bossymoo

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 October 2012 at 5:36PM
    Options
    aww Bossy - special times with littlies at home.

Loving the tales - keep them coming.

If anyone wants a cravendale straw code I have one I won't use.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    not really achieved a lot this afternoon. been doing some stuff on the puter i had to do, and checking some emails.

going to sort tea, tidy the table, change the beds and finish lining my knitting stuff tonight need to do a weekend list as i have a few jobs in my head that weve both said need doing and i know we'll foget at least one if i dont write them down.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • bossymoo
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Where is everyone tonight? Watching Strictly :D
    Bossymoo

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing