Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Options

Comments

• missladyannie
    Options
    Morning! Well i've paid another £2.88 off my credit card with an ebay payment, your challenge also works well with another one I have joined 'payment a week', I really must update my signature with an updated total.

Your posts very much remind me of a book i've read countless times 'Save Karyn'. Have you read it? Its fab, very inspiring, a young woman trying to pay off her debts, mainly with cutting down and ebaying! you should check it out if you havent read it x
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Good morning another payment made towards the negative wealth so its slowly falling down, the big numbers start falling quicker as we go through the month im very excited :) x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!!!!

I am super excited today! NOvember starts tomorrow and I cannot wait. This challenge is like the blood running through my veins.. it keep me alive and focused on the big goal I have in my head - my own house .. and especially the day that arrives where the bits I sell on eBay will mean money in my pocket and not a noose around my neck...

Someone posted on the NOvember thread a quote from Fight Club indicating it was close to my "battle cry" - this is a phrase I really appreciate ( quote link below ).. it drove home that we are not educated quite the way the youngsters were in the days of old.. this is why I love vintage so much... the times of austerity and working for what you want not assuming someone will hand it to you on a plate or via X-Factor...

These were the days when the restraint of knowing you couldn't have something for nothing and you had to work for it forged the kind of person that is almost a dying breed.... the women got down and dirty in munitions factories, they created a healthy and strong workforce by being imaginative in the kitchen and I do believe this is where we can save a lot of money and where most waste happen.. Do anything and everything you possibly can to get that money paid back.. clean toilets, walk dogs.. anything!

Now I am not saying I am not grateful for the days we live in and for the opportunity we have.. there is just nothing wrong from looking back to see how they were looking forward...

Keep it going boys and girls.. tighten the belt and lets get out of debt together..

Onwards and Upwards...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DN0SJx4stKU/TcrthXGdI0I/AAAAAAAAAGY/eds-bSIO7uU/s1600/TylerDurden2.jpg
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Ive paid my loan off yippeee so now my negative wealth is secured loan and credit cards yippeee ..... i feel great :) x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Ive paid my loan off yippeee so now my negative wealth is secured loan and credit cards yippeee ..... i feel great :) x

Wohooooo!! :T:T:T:T:T

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :T:T:T:T:T
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Im feeling good hehe now its the pesky cards that will be getting paid off amen :)
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hurrah :j:j:j Very happy for you happy :j:j Must be a great feeling :D Now, if only we could persuade you to join us in the NO challenge (although you do make a very glamourous cheerleader :dance::dance::dance:

Kat, you're really busy with the NOvember thread aren't you? It's really taken off hasn't it? I'm so excited! If you need a hand with the admin (?) of the thread or keeping up with replies etc, just give me a shout - I think I know the rules as well as you (although my dominatrix side isn't quite up to your level :rotfl::rotfl:)

Well, today was another very busy day for me. I'm home with a small amount of food after a last minute supermarket shop. I've realised that bananas will probably be my biggest challenge :rotfl: I can't stand them when they're anything but proper yellow so I normally buy them every few days. Oh well, I'm sure my breakfasts will get a bit more creative in the next few weeks :D

So, along with my supermarket shop and a bit of work (can't forget that, it's what pays the bills!) my chair lady came :j so I'm £10 better off - now, should I bank it (yes) or keep it hidden away in case of NOvember emergency (NO, get it in the bank and pay off the Virgin bill!!! Did you all say that out loud?) Yes, bank it is....besides, I bought a sneaky bar of chocolate for my NOvember emergency item, no cash required!

Did you notice my Virgin account is now below £450? Woo hoo, bit by bit I'll chip away until it's £0! Next target £400 :eek: Actually, it isn't scary at all - I know I have all the money I need for NOvember so any extra I make throughout the month will chip away at Virgin....it's days are numbered!
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Haha I'm sticking as a cheerleader lol well done on the virgin card you will get rid of it. Il cheerleader for that too hehe x
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    We need to make you some pom-poms!
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Yes do I want rai bow coloured ones haha just watching sixth sense that's as gory as I'm getting haha
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure