Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Options

Comments

• Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Good morning, wow ladies sunday the day of rest and your fingers have been very busy, i popped over as a lurker to the challange you have lots of intrest dont you i think it will be great il be a cheerleader too :). Me and hubby are having the day together :) Looking forward to the start of november probably because im not in the challenge haha :) x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Annie: Would you mind if I asked what your second job is? /nosey But good luck with debt clearing! Woo!

Kat: I use my paypal and all earnings into it to save for driving lessons/other car expenses. I'm up to £90 so far which is pretty good for someone without an income in my opinion at least. Might have a look into Bzzzzzzz...something.

Happy: Cheerleaders together! Hope you and hubby are well.

x
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    I going to join you all for the ride if you dont mind?!

My aim is to pay off both Natwest credit cards by next April, without checking one is around £1100 and the other £1350. I can clear hopefully at least one of these no problems as I am fortunate to have a second job which brings in around £300-400 per month, but sadly this is coming to an end in April 2013, so my aim is to get ebaying, facebooking and generally money saving all round!

First stop is to put my son's curtains and duvet sets onto Ebay and have a look into selling books back to Amazon. I noticed one that I have got was worth £6.50!! The others mainly 25ps. Can you tell me who pays the postage when you send them to Amazon please?

Miss Annie you have come to the right place. Once all your books are on Amazon ( ensure this is via the Trade-In and the ISBN are matched, they give you a free postage label that you print and you pay for nothing ) they usually say it will take 2 weeks to get you your credit placed on your account. It took them 4 days for me..

I made £43 the same way - 22 books this was. Very easy but they have to be in good condition. I had one sent back that was a little dog-eared ( hardly noticeable ).

I just used that money for a cover for my motorbike that was £45. I didn't mind the extra £2 but its very satisfying when you don't pay for the bulk of it...

So you have aims for April - I did too! I wanted rid of about £3000 by the end of April but am not pushing it for the end of this year - there is a chance I will fail but there ain't no harm in trying I say...

Very lovely to have you on board!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    WELL a VERY good MONDAY to you all!!

Blessed with more followers we are gonna create some monster club by this rate! Glad to have anyone along whether joining in or cheering...

Is every one ready for this week? Planning and budgeting - whether for NOvember or your own challenges. Christmas is but 7 weeks away I think and I am already needing to look at flights home. Mumsy has offered to "buy me something" and not wanting to be frivolous I have asked for donations towards my flight...

Mumsy thinks NOvemeber is nuts and I am going to kill myself. She asked if I was worried about my loans or something and whether I was concerned about the up-coming challenge. I wasn't sure how to convey my absolute unresolved utter determination without sounding like a loon... although never to worry I am my mothers daughter and I think she knows full well I love a challenge..

My brother answered the phone last night...."hello.. this is the *** household financial advisory"... clearly he has a sense of humor as this went on for a bit. He also revealed though he keep receipts for absolutely everything and sits down with them every two days to tot them up!

I never knew this..He has clearly been affected by the Mother as well.. we have many a chat about debts . money saving etc over Christmas so I am looking forward to getting home again..

Killer am loving that idea of keeping it all in Paypal. I am going to do the same. The weekend will be used to photograph two items I have that I want £50 each for.. ( a 42inch plasma screen with free Freeview recording box and a Home Theatre System ).. I keep mentioning them as I want them out of the way....How many lessons have you had..and just to be super nosey may I ask your disability and how it affects you..? Its it amazing where we can find money from though when we look... well done on you £90!!!

Happy- nice day off is it? :T:T:T Joining forces with the aforementioned Killer and there is one scary team to make everyone WANT to win this challenge...

"The Happy Killer Cheerleaders; Coming to a Challenge Near You"
    Just in time for Halloween!
    :rotfl:
    Anyway moving on....do you realize how difficult it is to type and eat sticky homemade bread slathered in jam..nom nom nom....

4 months ago I need to have a tooth fixed. I wrote to St Thomas's Dentist School to be a guinea pig for one of their 6th year students, they couldn't fit me in right away so I waited!. I got a letter the other day and was asked to swing by on the 9th of NOvember .. they will attempt to do whatever you want.. I am hoping to have my silver fillings replaced with white ones or capped, a deep clean and scrape and a check in with a hygienist and have my teeth whitened to Tom Cruise proportions... and its all free....:D:D:D:D.. I love a freebie ( if they can do it that it..)

So this week is all about prepping for NOvember.. and I apologise now for how much this might get mentioned.. for those who are just lurking and want to know why there is a smell of fear within MSE please read here...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4255939

.....you have two days to join....

Otherwise I will check back later with more gossip... got a letter from Per Insurance regarding them taking money from me for 4 years @ £5.99 per month.. They have refused again - I will keep writing! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Onwards and Upwards Boys and Girls!!!!

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi everyone (hello new girl annie :hello:), good start to the week for you all? So far today I've done precisely nothing :) Although, I guess that means I've cost myself nothing! Just about to hit the shower before heading out to do a spot of last minute MSE things this afternoon plus a trip to the Post Office after a successful Sunday night on ebay (after all fees and postage is paid I reckon I'll be transferring £60 to Virgin so that'll be down below £500 before NOvember starts :j). You're all so disciplined leaving your money in Paypal - I get such a buzz from transferring it straight to my bank account! I did three transfers last night (see, I'm not even patient enough to wait for everyone to pay :rotfl:) and two of them were instant. So I was able to pay money towards my credit card before I'd even sent the parcels! I love this Fast Payment - waiting for cheques to clear seems so old fashioned now!

I'm with you kat on the eggs - there's a lovely farm next door to my gym and I buy a lot of my food there. I don't buy milk, bread, yoghurt or eggs from supermarkets and definitely prefer my hard earned ££s to help local businesses rather than the huge supermarket chains. However, supermarkets play their part in my shopping plans and they are often cheaper so for NOvember purposes, I'll be 65/35 in favour of supermarket grocery shopping.

I meant to ask kat, what's a plasma TV? To many technical terms these days with LCD/LED etc, I get confused! Is it like the flat screen with the kinda bulky back?

Right, time to stop thinking about buying TVs and get back to earning some cash!

Hope you all have a nice afternoon....catch up with you all later :D
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Siouxsie32 wrote: »

.......plus a trip to the Post Office after a successful Sunday night on ebay

I meant to ask kat, what's a plasma TV? .....

Hey Siouxsie.. sounds like you have a lovely day planned anyway...Post office payments for eBay goods is NOT included in NOvember by the way.. I will post this up shortly!

My plasma screen is not a TV - you have to add a SKY box / Playstation etc to it.. its literalyl a display screen and served its purpose when I needed it too... it weighs 36kg though and there is not a lot I can do with it now. It is a flat screen but still only a screen - I technically don't know the difference.. but its not a screen you want if you move a lot.. which I do...
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options

My plasma screen is not a TV - you have to add a SKY box / Playstation etc to it.. its literalyl a display screen and served its purpose when I needed it too... it weighs 36kg though and there is not a lot I can do with it now. It is a flat screen but still only a screen - I technically don't know the difference.. but its not a screen you want if you move a lot.. which I do...

Kinda good news for me I suppose - phew, thought I may choose to spend money if it was TV.....normal services resumed :D
  • missladyannie
    Options
    Annie: Would you mind if I asked what your second job is? /nosey But good luck with debt clearing! Woo!
    x

Hi Killerpeaty, I work in a call centre taking calls from patients who need to see a GP after hours, i'm gutted we are closing as not only is it good for extra shifts etc and has a decent hourly wage, but we have such a good team of staff and i've made lots of good friends there.

Thanks for all your kind welcomes everyone x
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • missladyannie
    Options
    Miss Annie you have come to the right place. Once all your books are on Amazon ( ensure this is via the Trade-In and the ISBN are matched, they give you a free postage label that you print and you pay for nothing ) they usually say it will take 2 weeks to get you your credit placed on your account. It took them 4 days for me..

Very lovely to have you on board!!!

Well ive submitted 20 books today but for some reason my printer has stopped working, very strange as the lights are all on (but no-ones home!). I will print the delivery slip from work tomorrow and get it posted. I didnt realise they had to be in VGC, one is a very old and tatty book (but worth a fiver!), oh well we'll see, plus i saw there is an extra £5 credit if you submit the order before 1 November x
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Siouxsie: I'm not disciplined at all about the paypal thing, my internet banking is broken and my paypal is no longer actually connected to my bank account. It's easily fixed but this way I'm letting it grow.

Congrats on the ebaying! Lazy days are always good! I've earnt all of 50p today :rotfl: No job applications off and no cleaning! How's that for lazy! So enjoy the laziness!

Kat: I don't even have a learner's permit ha ha! I have Fibromyalgia http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fibromyalgia/pages/introduction.aspx which essentially means I'm hypersensitive and in pain all the time and everything is painful to do. And I'm very tired all the time. But I'm lucky really, I can walk, talk, think (most of the time), type and all the things that are important. I struggle with stairs, cooking, walking quickly, picking up anything heavy, etc but I can push my sister-in-law around town, I don't have arthritis or cancer, never broken a bone and haven't had any surgery. I'm the cheapest person in my family for the poor old NHS. :rotfl:

I like the sound of your brother! It must be nice to have family with the same mind set. :) And don't worry about sounding fanatical, just start a money saving cult instead. : P
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure