We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Options

Comments

• NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Excellent bits of advice there. I am due home tomorrow night to London but have Wednesday off and its going to be a day to catch up on surveys, motorbike insurance checking / researching, eBay uploading and sorting through all the bitty bits that need cleared up..

And yes I am completely prepared to sit like a zombie. My friend showed me how to use Tesco Price Promise today - clearly I am an amateur but learning fast..LOL!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Siouxsie32 just seen your signature... you are smashing right through your targets aren't you. A proper seasoned MSE'er... I have a lot to learn. Its SO addictive!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Another thing I do (easy when you have no shame :D) is look for discarded receipts at the tills in Tesco and Asda. Firstly I check for unclaimed clubcard points and secondly, if there are more than 8 items on the receipt (or whatever the minimum is under the new rules) I put the details into the Price Promise and see if it generates a voucher :D:D Checkouts and empty trolleys are the best places to start looking!
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Have always wondered how people do this. With my motorbike helmet on no one will recognise me...mwah ha ha ha haaaa!

What was the largest amount you received back from doing this?
  • Siouxsie32
    Options
    More often than not they generate nothing, but I get lots of £2-3 vouchers. I had one that was nearly a tenner once - free shopping! There's that word again :heart2: I've seen me drive round the outskirts of the car park and pick up the receipts that have stuck in the bushes :rotfl: Wet weather is my enemy!
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Love this!!! I can do this on the bike almost incognito! Off to bed now dreaming of cash-back... Freebies, sunshine and a house of my own! Thanks S.. x
  • Siouxsie32
    Options
    Sleep well...it's free :D
  • bess1234_2
    Options
    Hi
    Love this thread and your journey, and been a long time lurker.....

I do valued opinions but find it takes too long to build a voucher... Not very patient! But on swagbucks you earn less but there is always something to do so I have found I've earnt way quicker. Use a referral from referral board, as they get more too. And as I've been too lazy to post a referral, there is no self interest in this:rotfl:
    Note to self: get off backside a post a referral lol.
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    Just to say ive been lurking and really enjoying reading your thread. Keep up all the hard work.

Just a note about what you said about buying a place and filling it with furntiture. when i got my place (ive been lucky enough to get onto the ladder 2 years ago) I bought most of my stuff second hand off ebay. Though when i tell people that they are completely shocked as none of it seems second hand. My 2 sofas (one a sofa bed) cost £60 (had to collect) but only looked a year old, coffee table £30 and we sanded it an paited it, extendable dinning table and 4 chairs £26 (which i again sanded down and repolished), 2 chandeliers £20, etc etc. I think the only new item in my lounge is a mirror from the range. And once when our TV broke i refused to get one on finance (i wont get anything on finance) and instead we got a really old one of freecycle for 6 months while we saved up so we could pay for one in cash.
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi again!

I second the Swagbucks idea - I'm paying for Christmas presents and books for my little one with Amazon Gift Vouchers earned on there :)

There's a great thread on here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4150091
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure