We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Options

Comments

• Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Hi ninja, lots of good ideas around i think you will be very busy when you get home :) good luck with receipt hunting :D
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Just had a read back and catch up :) yes ninja i have been doing spreadsheets and much to my dismay i have created a REALISTIC spreadsheet that doesnt see my negative wealth GONE overnight pft :) but it will be better managed and it will have set amounts saved for dentist checks hair appts etc etc so instead of the we will sort it the month it happens it means we have the money in place ready for when it does..... im too much of a planner and thinker and want it all yesterday in a tight neat bundle but sometimes we can only plan for what we know so payrises and increments will happen and they will be used wisely :) happy savings :) xxx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 October 2012 at 4:30PM
    Options
    Well good afternoon ladies! Am sat at the airport with a disgustingly priced £1.79 bottle of water! I can't survive without something to drink and it's almost worse buying on the plane so departure lounge is the lesser of two evils..

Had a nice day with the family before being dropped off.. Mumsy bought me a "treat".. A new pair of high waisted, extra long, black trousers for work at a charity shop! Brand new by the way from Warehouse for £4.50! I am chuffed with them!

Mumsy has packed me some sandwiches, biscuits, sweeties and set me on my way! Hopefully I can smuggle them into the plane.. Can't chuck away home made yummies...

Thank you to all for the good advice.. This Swagbucks sounds like a brilliant way to waste my time.. I have tomorrow off and need to make a list to things to get done tomorrow!

Bess and Milly a big welcome to you and great you could join me for this journey.. Listerbelle I'll accept your offer and send u a wee reply later tonight... And will write more when I get home as my iPhone screen is giving me a right old headache again..

I'm off to spray myself with perfume..:-))..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Safe flight home :) x
  • missyv30
    missyv30 Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi as just come across your thread and it has really inspired me. You have such a good attitiude to paying off your debt will be subscribing and following you on your journey and hopefully will be debt free myself as well.
    :j

Debt as of Jan 17 £32990.71: :eek:
    Debt as of June 2020 £18636
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 October 2012 at 5:26PM
    Options
    So good evening to you all.. I am back in London. Washed and scrubbed, signed up to Swagbucks, tea by my side with my kitty-cat on my knee..

I am ready to hit the money-saving / making hard tomorrow..please see below..
    • [STRIKE]Research motorbike Insurance.[/STRIKE] Seems like I have the cheapest insurer. Still gonna renew online through Quidco for £20 cashback.
    • [STRIKE]Exchange No.7 foundation thats way too dark[/STRIKE].
    • Spend an hour on Swagbucks. ( Maybe tonight after meeting )
    • [STRIKE]Bring m/bike for check up and book service which I have £200 put aside for ( this way I will know if I get any return on that [/STRIKE]). Its actually going to be £300. :mad:
    • Figure out origin of ISBN's on a box of books Amazon won't accept. ANd where else I could sell them...
    • Place 3 more items on eBay.
    • [STRIKE]Photograph my amp for interested person on eBay.[/STRIKE] Done.
    • [STRIKE]2 x washing loads.[/STRIKE] Only 1 required.
    • Prepare to use plums in freezer for jam. ( Plum tree in garden )..
    • Update spreadsheets with proposed "income" .. ( Will be done tonight )
    • Cancel extra payment to one loan next month due to increased OD amount going out.
    • Update spreadsheets again - LOL!
      [*[STRIKE]]..consider a nap..[/STRIKE] Never gonna happen now..
    • Get under bed and see what space can be made.
    • [STRIKE]Drink lots of tea...[/STRIKE]..Complete.. :)

Right now I am gonna snooze and cuddle my moggy who was VERY pleased to see me..

Missy welcome on board - the more the merrier. Tell me though - what / how much do you owe?.. go on be brave..share with your "Debt Sisters"..( and brothers )..

Milly this is exactly what I plan to do. I knew a girl once who bought a £900 sofa from DFS on finance and was paying the minimum of £1 a month...horrific way to live. I am about to sell a "plasma screen" of mine hopefully. Its way to big at 43inches and just too much hassle. I have use of my landladys old TV at the moment so don't need a replacement any time soon. I will however be saving for one... great ideas here! Fantastic furniture purchases... I will be reading this back in two years...( and well done for your own home )...

Listerbelle I am going to have a read of that forum tomorrow...oooh so much MSE reading to do..

More actual moneysaving tomorrow...

Night all....x
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Just completed my "Claim you £25".. From Confused.com/Motormate... YEAH!!!!!!
  • Herewego
    Herewego Posts: 2,541 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Just dropping by again you are doing amazing with all your ideas. Just a thought on your bike service ive just had mine done by a local guy who works from home Full service on CBR600RR and he charged me £80 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3fjl63XVp14SWTq7lp_IaDqBpgfTOv1QJLekbqqRGgIHQGyaP £300 seems alot is it worth phoning around

HWG x
    MARCH 2016 DEBT £25750/ £25035
    EST DFD JAN 2021 (that needs to change)
    NOW JAN 2019 (that still needs to change)
  • missyv30
    missyv30 Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all,
    Well most of my debt is loans and creditcards just because i would try and help my mum and dad out, and when he left my mum she couldnt keep up repayments. It was in my name not her fault she is on disability and also with my ex we were paying a lot for csa for his son. So ended up living of credit cards robbing peter too pay paul things like that. My current partner owes his dad £7000 but we aren't paying anything to him yet until we get on our feet. Cannot even afford to live together its shocking that living together would make us worse of. Anyway sorry for the rant hope your all having a good evening.

Missyv30 x x
    :j

Debt as of Jan 17 £32990.71: :eek:
    Debt as of June 2020 £18636
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Hi missy :-) I'm sure things will brighten up :-) its nice in here plenty of virtual tea to go around x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure