Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• kitipampa
    Options
    Hiya :wave:
    prob not the best time to join this thread as i am off on holiday at the end of the week - but i wanted to get organised for my return and was looking for ideas for easy brekkies.
    I am 20 weeks preggers and have a toddler so dont have an abundance of time or energy in the morning - would appreciate you sharing anything quick and easy :j:think:

I have also heard that you can get vouchers for the first 12 weeks if you have a high BMI, does anyone know where to get these or how high your bmi has to be ? Midwives have been giving me a hard time for mine so want to get on plan sooner rather than later
    look forward to chatting with you all
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

PPB - Well done on your loss!

LLS - Good luck for WI - sounds like you've been sensible and not used having a few days off as an excuse to go mad, well done.

Kandfs - That's a lovely dress, and a difficult decision! Personally I think I'd wait a few weeks too just to be sure. Is it quite a flattering cut then? I only ask cos I've also gone from about a 22 to an 18 and would never even consider a dress that shape for fear of it exposing every lump and bump going, but I haven't actually tried any to find out so maybe it's time to rethink. I suppose it's quite difficult to suddenly think of ourselves as a different size and shape!

Re. Christmas - I think I will try and do the same as most of you and loosen the reins a bit but not go mad. If we're going to be at home I just won't buy all the ridiculous stuff that my mum gets when people are going round (3 tins of chocolates - really?! Although saying that they do all get eaten due to my gannet brothers and their families), especially if it ends up being just the 2 of us. Am considering holding off buying a bike until Christmas so if I do that I'll have a new toy and incentive to get back on the wagon after Christmas! Should be ok with parties as should only have a work xmas do and a few nights out drinking, so doable whilst still following the plan :xmassmile

Weather all over the place here so haven't walked into work at all this week :o need to get some exercise done somehow.

EE today:
    B: Bran flakes (B), milk (A), banana, raisins (2.5)
    L: L/O pasta & roast veg (pesto & cheese counted yesterday), nectarine
    T: Thai red chicken curry & rice (1)
    S: Pineapple, curly wurly (6)

Have a good day folks! :)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    kitipampa wrote: »
    Hiya :wave:
    prob not the best time to join this thread as i am off on holiday at the end of the week - but i wanted to get organised for my return and was looking for ideas for easy brekkies.
    I am 20 weeks preggers and have a toddler so dont have an abundance of time or energy in the morning - would appreciate you sharing anything quick and easy :j:think:

I have also heard that you can get vouchers for the first 12 weeks if you have a high BMI, does anyone know where to get these or how high your bmi has to be ? Midwives have been giving me a hard time for mine so want to get on plan sooner rather than later
    look forward to chatting with you all

Hi there, and congratulations! Re. vouchers - You get them from your doctors' surgery and AFAIK there isn't a particular BMI that you have to be (obviously overweight but don't think it has to be over 35 or anything) but more that your doctor/nurse thinks your health will benefit from weight loss. If your midwife has said something then you may well be in that category BUT your practice needs to be in the scheme, and not all are- I think fewer are in it now due to cost & compliance issues. Mine told me they were but when I saw the doctor it turned out they had stopped doing it but no-one really knew :mad: so I didn't get it even with a BMI of 37, so check with your practice beforehand.
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • Mediterranean_Mum
    Options
    Hi Everyone - haven't been around for a few days so been playing catch up and thanks for the new thread (just need to remember how to subscribe!). It's been a bit of a mixed week as I wasn't well on Sunday and Monday and work has been manic again this week so haven't been able to plan much in the way of eating. Hoping that next week will be better.

Well while you all plan how you're going to get through Christmas in another 15 weeks or so, we are full into festival mode over here for the next month! It's one festival after another starting with Jewish New Year next week which is a two-day festival. Normally I would be in full entertainment mode but I decided I'm not doing it this year and keeping everything very simple and SW-friendly. I have friends coming over the first day for lunch which is basically like Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. I haven't planned what I'm making yet but it will definitely be completely SW and no-one will be any the wiser. The other meals will be simple and exactly what I can eat. Fortunately we haven't been invited out anywhere so I don't have that to contend with. I'm determined to get through this period this year without major weight gain.

Made a great "left-over" sweet potato and chicken curry last night - onions, sweet potatoes, red peppers, chicken, curry powder, cumin, salt and black pepper, honey, fresh ginger, lime juice and coconut milk - delicious.

That's about all from me at the moment - well done everyone on weight losses and welcome to all the new people.
    Mediterranean Mum

hoping to lose 50lb by February 2013! 2st lost so far :j
  • SwipernoSwiping
    Options
    Morning folks. Got a "Dynorod" soup stewing away in the slow cooker. Cold weather is here time for a step away from salads I think ;)
    SpagBol for Dinner, so all is good. Really craving Pie right now though and I Have nothing in to make one.
    Feeling a bit bleh today... I spent the night in A&E as eldest fell out of her bed (High sleeper) what fun that was.
    kitipampa - I have a 22 month old and a 7 year old.. time is a luxury most days. It is doable - just plan a bit. Think pastas and rices on Extra Easy - and don't forget the FREE COUPON! for joining
  • MrsChristmas
    Options
    Hello.... have just popped in to introduce myself.
    I'm a mom & need to lose some of this cookie dough tyre that has crept on over the yrs of being a homemaker.... I can't keep my hands out the cookie jar! Mommie's lil'helpers :rotfl:are now all at school & I'd really like get motivated & do something about it before Christmas (2 dress sizes would be nice) & a family wedding in January but can't really afford to join & weigh in every week. I have the SW main book to follow & a few SW mags & am planning on following the EE plan... saving all syns for the weekend. I'm not going to weigh myself, going to go by dress sizes.
    I was hoping to get some information/support on here & will have a good read through of this thread over the next few days.

B: 2 apples, scrambled eggs, ham, mushrooms,tomatoes
    D: packet pasta n sauce (made with water) .... this was cheese & brocolli from Aldi.... is that still free??
    T:Jacket potato & beans

Anyway, really nice to meet you all & really hoping that I can stick to this :rudolf:
  • fluff1987
    Options
    hi ladies!!!!!

wedding was FANTASTIC!! had an absolute ball! and not a hangover in sight :):rotfl: i think i was the only one lol:rotfl:

christmas, i intend on enjoying myself and not stressing about anything. The way i see it, christmas is a time of indulgence and much as i will try to stick to plan as closely as possible, im not going to worry about eating an extra piece of a certain chocolate egg, or an extra christmas sarnie *christmas dinner tradition*

i fully intend to be at target by halloween, so that i can work toward altering it for NYC *i do not want to be 12st 3... id rather set my target for 11st something*

not sure what today will end up being... so far:

B: herbal tea and mandarin orange
    L: h/m vegetable soup (YUM!!) w/m sandwich (HEB) with ham and a scraping of butter(1 syn). cup of tea (HEA)
    D: TBC

Snacks: tbc... maybe more tea cause its cold.

Welcome mrs christmas!! (my favourite time of year!!!:D:T:D)
    im not sure about the aldi stuff (we dont have one here) but as far as i know the batchelors one is free as long as you make it with water.

Morning folks. Got a "Dynorod" soup stewing away in the slow cooker. Cold weather is here time for a step away from salads I think ;)
    SpagBol for Dinner, so all is good. Really craving Pie right now though and I Have nothing in to make one.

haha let me know how the soup works, ive heard good and bad things about it lol! and im in complete agreement about winter food, the last 3 days ive eaten veg soup like no tomorrow because its lovely and warm and SE. plus its YUM!!! and it helps the wee cafe across the road from work does it to take out too :) but it is most definately stodge and heavier food time :)
    I'd rather try and fail, than not try and never know :grin:

On the wagon again I go.... royally fell off.... 4.5st (63lb) by June 2016.... LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
  • Mediterranean_Mum
    Options
    welcome MrsC and good luck - there's a great group of people here and if you can manage without physically going to a support group then this is all the support you'll need.

plan looks ok but you need to add it fruit and veggies - 1/3 of your plate should be SF - a salad usually does the trick
    Mediterranean Mum

hoping to lose 50lb by February 2013! 2st lost so far :j
  • MrsChristmas
    Options
    Thank you both for the warm welcome :heart: Have to agree I need more fruit & veg in my plan having just read the 1st few pages of this thread! The weather has certainly changed today so homemade soups may be the answer especially as I get hungry if I'm cold & tired. I love soup & I guess I could have it in the afternoons between meals if feeling peckish and it was all made from free foods?
    I have 2 courgettes nestled in the salad draw so I'll try and incorporate them with my jacket spud for tea or something along those lines. Thank you :rudolf:
  • sarahs999
    sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    Options
    OOh you sneaks you moved house when I wasn't looking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure