Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Mediterranean_Mum
    Options
    soups are definitely a very easy to get those SF veggies in there MrsC - I love soup and love coming up with different combinations and the best thing is that you can make a huge pot and just portion it all and keep it in bags in the freezer
    Mediterranean Mum

hoping to lose 50lb by February 2013! 2st lost so far :j
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you both for the warm welcome :heart: Have to agree I need more fruit & veg in my plan having just read the 1st few pages of this thread! The weather has certainly changed today so homemade soups may be the answer especially as I get hungry if I'm cold & tired. I love soup & I guess I could have it in the afternoons between meals if feeling peckish and it was all made from free foods?
    I have 2 courgettes nestled in the salad draw so I'll try and incorporate them with my jacket spud for tea or something along those lines. Thank you :rudolf:

:wave:Home made soup is good with plenty of veg to get your SFs in. What you need to remember is the more free foods you eat the more you need to up your SFs. So (e.g.)HM lentil soup would be free but it would need loads of carrots and onion to make it really EE friendly. Also, looking at your day's menu I don't think that's really enough food unless you have a small appetite. You probably haven't shopped yet but when you do it's worth building up plenty of pickles (onions, beetroot, cornichons) if you like them. I find them really useful for adding to a jacket potato to up the SFs. Actually, I'm no expert but your menu as it stands looks more like a Green day, depending on how much ham you had with your breakfast. Also I don't see any HEXs (milk?bread?). :o I hope comments are welcome.

My EE menu today:
    B: HEB toast, scrambled egg, bacon
    L: bubble&squeak, pickled onions
    D: spaghetti bolognese
    Syns: squirt sauce, dessertspoon Branston and maybe a sprinkle of Parmesan

WI for me tomorrow, won't mind if I've gained a little but hopefully not too much.
  • Where_You_Working
    Options
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help, I cannot seem to find the syn values for items in morrisons cafes anywhere! Obviously most of it is very high but wondering if there was anything else but jacket and beans?
    Thanks!
  • MrsChristmas
    Options
    I made a lovely leek & potato soup the other day, me & my daughter ate the whole pot in 2 sittings! but as it was only leek, potatoes,onion & stock, would I right be right in thinking that its free?
    Have just been to my local one stop and they have the batchelors pasta n sauces on offer at the mo. 3 for £2.50 I think.
    As for Aldi.... Oh I love Aldi :D All their tin stuff & pasta ect is cheap so great for stocking up for SW diet. I'm not a great fan of their fruit & veg but they do stock their own versions of cupshotz noodle snacks & pasta & sauces which I'm hoping are the same as batchelors and brand makes (free syns) because they're a fraction of the price but I'm not so sure because there does seem to be an awful lot of calories in the cupshotz.
    Per sachet is 198cals, 1.0grams fat.... can anyone tell me how this matches up to the free branded one? I have a few in the cupboard and could use them up as snacks. Is there a way I can work it out?
    Sorry for so many questions, just trying to make do with what I have here over the next few days. Got a really busy time ahead, including an exam on Friday (IT) and am having a lovely couple (:heart: they're just dating :heart:) over for a indian takeaway on the evening.... I can't get out of this as it's already planned but I'll flick through the SW manual & select the healthiest option.... I'm not fussy.... I like it all! :rotfl:
    Have just walked all of mommies lil' helpers to the shop & brought the latest SW mag to ponder over whilst waiting for Mr Christmas to finish work & decide what they all want for tea... .... it starts to get busy this time of year! ;)
    I love Christmas, always have. Keep trying to talk my husband into renting a house out in America for the Thanksgiving/Halloween/Christmas period so we could experience how they do it out there. I love how 'over the top' they go & everyone gets involved, into the spirit of it & the decorations. Oh gosh, I'm chatting away now!.... anyway, I'm hoping to go from a wedged in size 18 to a comfy 14 by Christmas :rudolf:
  • MrsChristmas
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    :wave:Home made soup is good with plenty of veg to get your SFs in. What you need to remember is the more free foods you eat the more you need to up your SFs. So (e.g.)HM lentil soup would be free but it would need loads of carrots and onion to make it really EE friendly. Also, looking at your day's menu I don't think that's really enough food unless you have a small appetite. You probably haven't shopped yet but when you do it's worth building up plenty of pickles (onions, beetroot, cornichons) if you like them. I find them really useful for adding to a jacket potato to up the SFs. Actually, I'm no expert but your menu as it stands looks more like a Green day, depending on how much ham you had with your breakfast. Also I don't see any HEXs (milk?bread?). :o I hope comments are welcome.

Yes, very welcome, thank you :heart: I haven't explained my 1st day very well ~opps~
    I measured out my skimmed milk in a jug this morning but thought it was 500ml instead of 350ml ~d'oh~ So, have actually had over my HE today but I do love a cuppa tea so will have to start taking it very strong! But no HE b .....
    ...& I'm starving :eek: I haven't planned today very well at all but am going to cook up a big plate of SW chips (frylight) & a tin of beans in a minute (everyone else has proper sauages from the butcher, mash, peas & gravy) & plan a much better day tomorrow, with snacks of fruit & mullerlights for through out the day and lots of veg included at all meals.
    Thank you all :rudolf:
  • SwipernoSwiping
    Options
    Glad the wedding went well, and yes Fluff I'll let you know how it tastes. Altered a few bits as I don't like everything..smells lushly spicey too.
    Hello MrsChristmas.
    While You Were Working - Morrison Cafe is listed in the SW online syns. Presume they use morrisons own branded things. Generally Jacket spuds is they only thing I'll do.. if that as it takes them nearly an hour to mircowave one of those!
    OOh you sneaks you moved house when I wasn't looking. :DSarah... we have been learning from those *calories* that get past us while we are busy doing other stuff.
    Nice to see so many losses.. even those pesky piddly up and down sorts in the long run it's all in the right direction.
    WI tonight.. Acording to the Wii fit I've gained a whole STONE this week :eek: compared with the half stone loss of the Nurses scales. Got to love those weighing machines... think of a number, multiply by ten... ignore it completely and CARRY ON REGARDLESS :D
  • Mediterranean_Mum
    Options
    MrsC - Indian food is great on SW - have a search on the SW website and you'll see that there are lots of curry ideas. Rice is free as long as you don't use anything more than Frylight so actually you've made the best possible choice for entertaining.

I know you said "takeaway" but HM is soooo much tastier and healthier than takeaway and really not difficult to make. Have a go - I dare you!
    Mediterranean Mum

hoping to lose 50lb by February 2013! 2st lost so far :j
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MrsC, I've looked up the Aldi pasta things on line. For 100g cooked weight they vary between half a syn for the tomato or chicken ones to 2 or 2.5 for the ones with cheese in. I wouldn't worry about your Indian meal, be sensible, steer away from the creamy ones. Go easy on the poppadoms and samosas but most importantly have a meal plan so you eat SW all day and get straight back on plan the following day. Enjoy!!
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.

Had a busy day here today so only quickly posting as my daughter has moved back home and now my house is upside down:(

MrsC - at my last class we were advised the pasta n sauces have now been syned at 5.5 syns a packet when made strictly with water but this is the packets marked new and improved. Best to check online syn calculator to be on safe side.

My menu today is EE.

B, strawbs, melon + mullerlight
    L, mushroom rigatoni, bowl of fruit salad.
    T. hm turkey meatball casserole with mixed veg.

Syns - allowed a good dose of them for the mushroom rigatoni as it was from Ikea and a few for the brew im about to enjoy now - Whittards damson plum tea.

Good luck for all this evenings WI. And well done to all the great loses.............. see less of you tomorrow.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Well I've been to WI and I've had a 4lb loss! So happy with that. Now I'm just 1/2lb off my club10 :)
    Want to be under 12 st by the time we go on holiday on October 15th so I need to get to work with it all really!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family