Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• SwipernoSwiping
    Options
    Gosh that was sneaky... new thread thanks FE!
    Well Done Blodwen and Kandfsmam, Emma and Gilly, Beanie. AMAZING WORK PIGLET... Was reading about our regional finalist. Lovely Lady from up near York...
    TIE didn't know you had done that without Going to Group. Well done.. no wonder your chuffed ;)
    With regard to STS blues.. just think of all those Target members that WISH they could do what you have...!
    Still frantic here.. about to go see the nurse for a check up ...she hasn't seen me since feb... :D gonna love this.
    Stay focused folks, plan plan plan!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sure all this varying information about SFs is to be absolutely certain you get your one third in. A really good tip I heard was that when you plate up/serve your meal put the SFs on the plate first to be sure you're covering a third. I know that doesn't work for things like casseroles and bolognese but it's good advice for your average 'meat and 2 veg' meals. I can't see how the 'at one sitting' is relevant. If I have a banana mid-morning rather than with my breakfast surely it still counts!

kandfsmum, I add mushrooms and diced carrot to my chillis and bolognese along with all the other things. Meat sort of gets crowded out amongst all the veg!;) It started as an OS tip to stretch the expensive meat part of meals but works for SW too.
  • Blodwen
    Options
    kandfs_mam wrote: »
    I am also determined to get to 5st by Christmas so we will chivvy each other along.

Ooh, you have a headstart on me so I'm going to have to focus! :rotfl:
    kjmtidea wrote: »
    Morning :)
    I am aiming for 4 stone by Christmas so hopefully we will all get to our goals by then, ready to put it all back on again over Christmas :rotfl:.

I lost 2lbs this week which I am very happy with, I am aiming for 2lbs next week which will get me into the next stone. 18lbs to go to target!

Yeah, it's good to have something to aim for, and Christmas is a good target. Has anybody already planned how they're going to approach Christmas in terms of diet? I've had a half-hearted think about it but depends if we're at home or not really. Probably will be (4 cats tend to keep us from travelling much!) so not really any excuse!
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • Blodwen
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    kandfsmum, I add mushrooms and diced carrot to my chillis and bolognese along with all the other things. Meat sort of gets crowded out amongst all the veg!;) It started as an OS tip to stretch the expensive meat part of meals but works for SW too.

Same here - I only add as much meat (or veggie meat) as it takes to keep OH happy ;) although saying that, some veg is getting to be as expensive as meat :(
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Blodwen wrote: »
    Ooh, you have a headstart on me so I'm going to have to focus! :rotfl:

Yeah, it's good to have something to aim for, and Christmas is a good target. Has anybody already planned how they're going to approach Christmas in terms of diet? I've had a half-hearted think about it but depends if we're at home or not really. Probably will be (4 cats tend to keep us from travelling much!) so not really any excuse!

At Christmas I am going to have all the nice foods that I really want but I am going to be sensible with it. So instead of eating a whole tin of quality street I will just have a few. I won't be getting as much stuff and then there won't be loads left over. Then as soon as boxing day is over I will be straight back on plan as I don't really celebrate new year.

That's the plan anyway!
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • SwipernoSwiping
    Options
    I managed to cross post!
    stef240377 wrote: »
    Think i may need to up my SS over the next few days as im starting to feel bloated. All meals have had atleast 1/3 with them but i know from a sneaky peak on the scales my weight is going up and this concerns me as i have been really good this week.

Today is ee,

B, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and bacon.
    L, red lentil, chickpea and chilli soup hm, side salad.
    T, vegetable paella, side salad.

Hea - milk for drinks, heb ryvita with some quark, honey (2syns) and a banana.

Will pop out later and get some more strawberries and pineapple.

I have been keeping tabs on "slow weeks" and "bloating" the tend to happen around * week... usually the week leading up to start day.
    maman wrote: »
    I'm sure all this varying information about SFs is to be absolutely certain you get your one third in. A really good tip I heard was that when you plate up/serve your meal put the SFs on the plate first to be sure you're covering a third. I know that doesn't work for things like casseroles and bolognese but it's good advice for your average 'meat and 2 veg' meals. I can't see how the 'at one sitting' is relevant. If I have a banana mid-morning rather than with my breakfast surely it still counts!

To your spagbol/chilli mixes.. try adding a tin of chick peas. Then place in a oven proof dish. Slice potatoes (circular discs) cook/boil as per Slimming World Chips (5-10 min microwave) drain then spray with frylight and place on top of dish contents. Cook for approx 20-30 minutes depending on dish size.
    YUMMY!
    kjmtidea wrote: »
    At Christmas I am going to have all the nice foods that I really want but I am going to be sensible with it. So instead of eating a whole tin of quality street I will just have a few. I won't be getting as much stuff and then there won't be loads left over. Then as soon as boxing day is over I will be straight back on plan as I don't really celebrate new year.

That's the plan anyway!

I have a similar plan. Enjoy but not over indulge. I have already bought my quality streets - :Dthey are in the freezer:rotfl: I plan on taking out a few. By the time they have gone - I won't have time to defrost more ;)
    Baileys ( my major weakness) sadly does not freeze. :eek:

If nurse's scales are to be believed I've lost 3lb this week.. Weigh in isn't till Wednesday....not sure I believe them as I did help polish off a thorntons Ice cream (15 syns) and a half bottle of red wine (1/2 of 28 syns = 14 syns) Against that however I have been syn free or under 5 syns every day this week. (I don't crave chocolate any more :D) and walked over 40 miles.:eek:

Off to hunt for something to do with a Pork Loin for Dinner.
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks shellie. However i dont think this bloating is connected to * week as i am mid cycle. I just got up this morning and felt like clothes were tighter and that general rough feeling you get with bloatedness.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Blowden :T
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • kandfs_mam
    kandfs_mam Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all - sorry if TMI but * week just started unexpectedly so I'm hoping that last week's slow loss was a bit of water retention.... I'm piddling like a race horse today too!

Anyhoo, I want your advice. I have gone from a size 22/24 to a size 18 since Jan. My weightloss has slowed over the summer with having holiday gains etc and getting that back off so I am hoping that the next few months will be back to 1/2 stone a month loss. I am currently 14st 4lb so by early Dec I could technically be under 13st :j
    When I was in Asda earlier I saw a really nice grey woolen dress; Definitely not the kind of thing I would normally go for but I really liked it. I tried on the 18 and it fit fine, zipping up without a problem (there's a few wee unsightly lumps and bumps but nowt a pair of control top tights or granny knickers wouldn't hide). My dilema is that we don't have anything planned until 1st Dec when we are away to Glasgow for the weekend - so do I buy the dress in a size 16 and use it as a motivation to get the weight off.... or do I leave it for now and buy something else equally as nice (and perhaps in a brighter colour) when I have lost more weight and feel a bit better about my body?
    Mortgage Aug 22 £280,000
    Current mortgage  £28,000

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kandfs_mam wrote: »
    Afternoon all - sorry if TMI but * week just started unexpectedly so I'm hoping that last week's slow loss was a bit of water retention.... I'm piddling like a race horse today too!

Anyhoo, I want your advice. I have gone from a size 22/24 to a size 18 since Jan. My weightloss has slowed over the summer with having holiday gains etc and getting that back off so I am hoping that the next few months will be back to 1/2 stone a month loss. I am currently 14st 4lb so by early Dec I could technically be under 13st :j
    When I was in Asda earlier I saw a really nice grey woolen dress; Definitely not the kind of thing I would normally go for but I really liked it. I tried on the 18 and it fit fine, zipping up without a problem (there's a few wee unsightly lumps and bumps but nowt a pair of control top tights or granny knickers wouldn't hide). My dilema is that we don't have anything planned until 1st Dec when we are away to Glasgow for the weekend - so do I buy the dress in a size 16 and use it as a motivation to get the weight off.... or do I leave it for now and buy something else equally as nice (and perhaps in a brighter colour) when I have lost more weight and feel a bit better about my body?

Personally, I'd leave the 'larger' dresses where they are and buy much nearer the time to fit the size you are. When I was gettting to target, I bought stuff from charity shops both because I was between sizes and because I wanted to experiment with colour as I'd been hiding in black for so long. Of course, this does beg the question about how much you'd normally pay for your clothes. Asda stuff can be quite cheap (as is Matalan and Tu at Sainsbury's which have some nice stuff too) and so if you only wore the dress over Christmas, cost per wear you'd probably willingly part with it when you were thinner. It's not like splashing out on something really expensive that'll be hanging off you in a few months.;)

I find Christmas itself is OK with SW especially all the roast dinners, cold meats, pickles, chips, bubble & squeak etc. all of which I love. My problem is the parties with nibbles leading up to it. I do try to eat before I go but it's sooo hard. If it's your own party then you can do SW friendly stuff but at someone else's home I have to keep a tight rein on myself. Basically, what I'll be doing is having a few flexi meals (not breakfasts, they'll be SW) and firmly back on the wagon in between.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure