Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    Options
    Hi all!

Christmas is getting close now - I'm so excited I could burst but slightly nervous about a gain following indulgences :/

Pleased to report that cheeky 2.5lb was lost last night - yipeee!

Not really that bothered about food yet today but I know it's important so in about half an hour I will have poached eggs on toast (HeB) with tea (milk from HeA)

Lunch will be left over curry from the other night (6syn), as bf is out at his work team Christmas lunch, then apple and satsuma

Tea, hmm this is the toughie. I think I will have homemade chicken and sweetcorn soup (0.5syn per portion) and bf will either have nothing after pigging out at lunch or I'll do him something quick like egg and chips :)

Took chicken and sweetcorn soup to group last night, bought half of it back and had to add extra stock as people had left loads of the chicken, sweetcorn and egg and had the liquid soupy bit! So did that and now have quite a few portions again with the lower syn value - winner :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Last full day in work today - half day tomorrow then Christmas lunch with old dept :) Feeling quite thin today which is great but may be becuase I'm being extra good for tomorrow and Sat; still, can't complain about feeling thin at 14 and a half stone! :rotfl:

EE today:
    B: Porridge (B), milk (A), banana
    L: L/O Thai chicken curry and rice (1)
    T: Thai chicken curry and rice (1), pitta (6) (usual Thurs late night tea!)
    S: Satsumas

Haven't seen a few of the usual suspects in a few days - Stef, Shellie, Pennylane, Fluff?? And have Piglet, Medmum or CY been around at all?

Anyway, I probably won't get on here again before the new year, so I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a slim New Year! :xmassmile
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Blodwen, im still catching up on thread each day but struggling to stay to plan, well more struggling to eat 3 meals a day. Started off with sciatica over a week ago and finally dragged backside to doctors on tuesday where got put on meds. Yesterday whether it is meds or not have been having excrutiating chest pain so was sent for ECG which has come back ok so now to take it easy and watch for other symptoms in case it is a DVT, again they arent convinced it is but want to be precautious so tonight im expecting either a sts or slight gain from not eating properly which will be a pain as i were excited to be getting that 2 stone award this side of xmas :(

What a lovely genuine community this really is, there's more concern over a MIA member than you would get from your own family and friends in the 'real' world. It is really humbling. Thank you and seasons greetings to all - not mentioned the 'C' word for those who dont formally celebrate it.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,495 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    blimey stef take it easy.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad you got to the doc's stef and they're keeping an eye on you. Make sure you look after yourself too.:naughty:

I've been MIA for a few days as feeling very sorry for myself. On antibiotics for kidney infection and not enjoying food (or drink:() at all. DH is making me snacks when I feel like them. Most are SW friendly but distinctly low on SFs.

When I was getting to target I actually lost weight in Christmas week. Consultant was amazed and often talks of it. I think it was because once the pre-Christmas parties are over there's more proper food around which makes it easier to ignore the nibbles. I found it really easy with Christmas lunch (too stuffed for pud) and then all the cold meats, salads, pickles, bubble & squeak, satsumas etc. to eat. Good Luck all.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,495 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    maman~you take care too xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Stef and maman do look after yourselves, whilst your thoughts may turn to SW don't let it get in the way - if you can only stomach non-SW friendly foods then eat your fill and think about it another time once you're well.

I've easily already gone over my syns today I expect with my curry (5), half a mince pie (5/6 I think), 2 teeny tiny chocs (2 I reckon)and a small biscuit (rough calculation from the recipe and how many I made in the end [about 55!] I think it would be 2) with a cuppa. I know that's the 15 and my soup will be 0.5 so not so bad but I'd much rather overestimate than under estimate!

Will flexi it with tomorrow as i'm working tomorrow morning which means free/HE brekkie, soup for lunch (0.5) and then just a few syns with tea :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    Stef and Maman - sounds like you're both having a miserable time of it at the moment- take care of yourselves. (Btw Maman, I had noticed you hadn't been around either but saw you'd thanked some posts so knew you were lurking somewhere! :))
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stayed the same this week, which I'm OK with. Had a few mulled wines this week which I wouldn't normally and a couple of meals out, but I did choose sensibly.

Bought the new SW mag and tried Carrot, Coriander and Red Lentil soup which was in the little free recipe booklet. It is delicious and very filling. There are some lovely recips in there.

Talking of things being filling, does anybody else feel they can't eat so much now? I have just had SW Pot Roast chicken with leeks, tarragon, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic etc and I don't think I could eat half of what I used to. I never eat between meals so it wasn't that. Maybe I am finally shrinking inside.
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »
    Stayed the same this week, which I'm OK with. Had a few mulled wines this week which I wouldn't normally and a couple of meals out, but I did choose sensibly.

Bought the new SW mag and tried Carrot, Coriander and Red Lentil soup which was in the little free recipe booklet. It is delicious and very filling. There are some lovely recips in there.

Talking of things being filling, does anybody else feel they can't eat so much now? I have just had SW Pot Roast chicken with leeks, tarragon, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic etc and I don't think I could eat half of what I used to. I never eat between meals so it wasn't that. Maybe I am finally shrinking inside.
    My hubby has made the carrot, corriander and red lentil soup for tea tonight but after trying it he says it is missing something, will find out after i get back from WI.

Thank you all for the well wishes. SW food hasnt been a problem its getting 3 meals a day in that is. Sleeping through the morning because not slept during the night means i miss breakfast so been trying to do it that i have a bowl of porridge as a snack instead when i get hungry between meals or around 9pm at night.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure