🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seems 1.5lbs is the figure to lose this week.:T Thinking what shellie was saying this week about losing weight too quickly I think that's a sensible amount and it soon builds up.

Sorry if TMI but been to GP this morning and he's given me some syrup to deal with being 'bunged up'. It's a bit Catch 22 but I've had little appetite so haven't been eating enough and certainly not enough f&v. Hopefully will do the trick and I'll be enjoying my food again soon. I need to put on a couple of pounds to get back in range but eating stodge won't help my other problems:o. Maybe I'll try wine syns to see if that helps!;)
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Congratulations to all you losers :)

Accidentally missed breakfast today then had a free mugshot, cottage cheese (free one) and carrot sticks for lunch at work. A banana on the train home and just a KFC (no chips, no sauces and no coating!) at half four. Will have some toast and milk later before bed :)
    Syns, I had the smallest pinch of Christmas cake crumbs earlier (barely worth it sadly!)and will count some for the KFC, will then finish that with a smidge of jam (2syns) on my toast. All in all less than 15.

Working again tomorrow so will make it porridge (HeB) for breakfast made with milk from HeA, fruit to snack on, turkey and rice for a late lunch then a cheeky low syn Chinese for dinner (date night!). Just in case I don't get chance to pop by :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was spring cleaning earlier and came across my box of recipes that I have collated over the years - mainly from the SW website. I also came across a few of my certificates. The certificates have been put in the shredding box and most of the recipes have gone in the recycling box. I feel better for doing this. In January, I am starting afresh with Slimming World and I am intending to treat it as a brand new beginning rather than a rehash of trying to do my best but my heart not being in it. I'm bored of xmas already and not looking forward to the temptations that will crop up over the next couple of weeks but I will see what happens and try my best. I admire all those that stick to the plan during the month of the December.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bored of food at the moment and all the rubbish I have been eating! Will be glad to get back to healthy sensible meals and must plan accordingly. Would welcome ideas for lunches to take to work that are easy to prep but healthy and synfree as possible :T
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    So today:
    B: shreddies (HeB) and milk (from HeA)
    L: 2 mugshots and a banana
    T: rice,chicken and veg sauce (5.5)
    S: 2 mini doughnuts (5), satsumas
    Drink: tea! lots of it

More syns than I wanted, I'm working tomorrow and its the work Christmas shindig but I will politely eat as little as possible at that and will take a mugshot for my lunch. Hoping to see 2.5lbs off on Wednesday but not so expectant in the back of my mind :/

Going to try tomorrow for
    B: satsuma, poached eggs and baked beans
    L: will take a mugshot but might not eat it, satsuma, banana
    T: hmm not too sure yet
    S: fruit if hungry
    drinks: tea and squash

Plenty of walking and generally doing things tomorrow but don't feel like I've earnt a weightloss other than having eaten on plan :/
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Cuckooclock
    Cuckooclock Posts: 125 Forumite
    edited 17 December 2012 at 11:23PM
    Options
    Thanks to those that said give SW a try on an earlier post, weight loss isn't easy for me due to lack of mobility & hugs amount of medication. With SW now for 4 week made 7 1/2lb up to last week. Weight again tomorrow, looking forward to going as the group is so friendly I know it's going to be a long road, but going to try my best.

Original post page 63.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,751 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thats a great loss Cuckooclock.
    I have mobility issues as well & also take a fair few meds~If I can do it anyone can.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all,

A quick hello! Well done to those losers, and well done FE for you commitment to a fresh start :)

Pleased to say that last week's * week 3lb went this week along with another 1.5lb, so I finally got my 4.5 stone award :j Am a little worried about gaiing next week after a biggish loss, as I have work xmas 3 course meal and lots of drinks on Friday, then off to a mate's for another xmas dinner on Saturday, and WI has been moved to Sunday this week. Am just going to try and be extra good all week, then just have a small portion on Sat - damage limitation!

Green for me today:
    B: Porridge (B), banana, milk (A)
    L: Mugshot, 2 satsumas
    T: Soya bolognese with loads of veg, cheese (B)
    S: Freddo (5)

Have a good week all :)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,751 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great loss Blodwen.
    1 off for me this week.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    After my weekend away and yesterday at work without my own food, I think i can safely say I won't be getting my club 10 this week :( Back on thje wagon today though and hoepfully minimise any gains over christmas.
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport