Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• travellinglight_2
    Options
    -2 lbs ... -1st 6 and 1/2lbs total so far.... Chuffed. Xmas work do this week?. So wee day off then back on track. Thanks for super soups... Will try these.
    2014 reach my best.
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    2.5lb on! Oh well, I was expecting it after all

All set for a 100% week to see that and hopefully a little more off! :) Just thought I'd pop in and let you all know - just want to say a huge thank you for all the support I get from this thread :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • afroscot
    Options
    Well done on all the successes!

I have been thinking of my LONG term goal. I have never been a thin person and do not envisage that for me. If I could be a size 16 I think I would be happy. No idea what weight that would be but as I was that size when I was about 17 (now 41) I think it would be fine.

I have lost a stone in the 6 weeks at SW. a few pounds the weeks before. As I started at 17st 10 lb it will be long time.

Anyway - Question. What weight is a size 16 roughly?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Would depend on your height and build I think afroscot.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    afroscot I was a size 16 at 14st4.5lb when I started SW but I am very broad and 5'7''. Someone else in my group is that weight now and is a 14 so it really does depend on your general build as well as your weight :)

Today for me, EE as always;
    early Breakfast (7am): 2 satsumas and a banana
    regular breakfast (around 9am): 2 poached eggs and toasted wholemeal roll (HeB)
    Lunch: pasta with tuna and hopefully some veggies if I get time to cook them. Satsuma and apple
    Tea: not sure yet,I'm hoping turkey and rice with sauce (5syn)
    Before bed: Options hot choc with a smidge of squirty cream (3syn)

HeA will be 250ml semi skimmed milk once I've been to the shop.

It's my last day with tot and I also have some freelance work to do whilst he sleeps but his mum has just taken the pushchair so I can't take him out on any great walks as he is too heavy to carry all the time! So no milk until later on sadly

Wishing you all good days :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Morning in the office today so sneaky look on here while no-one's looking ;)
    afroscot wrote: »
    I have lost a stone in the 6 weeks at SW. a few pounds the weeks before. As I started at 17st 10 lb it will be long time.

It may not be as long as you think - I started mid-April at 19st 1 and am now 14st 12 :) the more you have to lose, the quicker it tends to come off. I'm about a 16-18 now and I'm 5'11 but don't seem to be able to carry it as well as some people despite my height so really depends on your build, as Lush and Beanie have said.

Green again today- might do a whole week of them as is easier for work atm:
    B: Porridge (B), banana, milk (A)
    L: L/O pasta and pesto (2)
    T: Probably stir fry and egg fried rice, pitta (B)
    S: Pineapple, satsuma, KitKat (5.5)

Have a good (if chilly) day all :)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on all the successes!

I have been thinking of my LONG term goal. I have never been a thin person and do not envisage that for me. If I could be a size 16 I think I would be happy. No idea what weight that would be but as I was that size when I was about 17 (now 41) I think it would be fine.

I was a 16-18 when I started and I weighed 13st 11 1/2lbs, i'm 5'4''.
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I'm 5ft 9 and was a 16 when I was about 13st 9. If I'm honest, 16s were getting a bit tight and it was my flat refusal to buy an 18 that brought me to SW in the first place! It's probably easier to think of a size 16 in jeans or something as tops and dresses or anything stretchy can vary so much in shape and cut that they aren't such a good guide. If I were you afroscot, I'd set that size 16 as an interim target (you don't have to give a weight to your consultant if you don't want to) and then see how you feel.

WI for me today and I lost 2lbs. I'm not surprised as I've been barely eating my SW food and very little on top as I'm feeling a bit yuk still. I'm now below my target range so it may cost me a bit between now and Christmas unless my appetite returns with a vengeance this week!:rotfl:

Our consultant says she'll be giving out the new books/pack for three weeks starting with the week between Christmas and New Year. For us that would be 27th December and the next two weeks when she anticipates most new members will turn up.
  • MentalMinnie
    Options
    Ok, need some ideas. Next week is our 'Christmas party'' at the meeting, and we all need to bring something for the buffet. Any ideas?!
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    edited 13 December 2012 at 3:04PM
    Options
    kjmtidea wrote: »
    Have you tried speed soup? The week I had that for lunch every day I had a 5lb loss! I also had it a few times when my weight loss stopped and it seemed to kickstart it again with a 3lb loss, might be coincidence but worth a try.

1 can mixed bean salad
    1 can green lentils
    2 cans chopped tomatoes
    1 can baked beans
    Handful of split lentils
    2 large leeks
    1 large onion
    4 large carrots
    2 parsnips
    Green, red or yellow pepper
    2 beef/chicken/veg stock cubes (whichever you prefer)
    Salt & pepper
    Mixed herbs
    Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all veg and put everything in pan, cover with water bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft.

Can be left chunky or blended.

Can fresh veg be used instead of tinned (except the mixed beans) And how much is allowed? And how often? Can it be eaten Green, Red or EE days
    I love soups in all weathers.:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport