Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• wuvvies
    wuvvies Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    ok heres my dilemma
    i have two days of buffetts to cope with. they are at my house so i can do what i want. obviously the guests will have rolls and sandwiches. i have to use my healthy extra as porridge as the day just wont feel right. i dont really eat bread - i wont say im allergic but even half a round gives me a right tummy ache... i just cant digest it.
    please give me ideas for my buffett
    so far i just have salad, hams and pickles as well as a fat free dip and crudites. (sp?)
    i just dont want to load my plate with sausages and crisps. :(
  • mich_city
    mich_city Posts: 13,830 Forumite
    Options
    wuvvies wrote: »
    ok heres my dilemma
    i have two days of buffetts to cope with. they are at my house so i can do what i want. obviously the guests will have rolls and sandwiches. i have to use my healthy extra as porridge as the day just wont feel right. i dont really eat bread - i wont say im allergic but even half a round gives me a right tummy ache... i just cant digest it.
    please give me ideas for my buffett
    so far i just have salad, hams and pickles as well as a fat free dip and crudites. (sp?)
    i just dont want to load my plate with sausages and crisps. :(

what about some SW wedges, chilli or paprika sprinkled on.. loaded potato skins with LF fillings, boiled new potatoes.. when ready spray with frylight and toss in garlic (I use the lazy jars)

syn free salsa, houmous or garlic dips also to go with the veggies.. or little chicken tikka skewers

onion bhaji's.. recipe is post #3 http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/116547-indian-ideas.html

few more ideas on here.. http://forums.ivillage.co.uk/t5/General-Discussions-Syn-Advice/slimming-world-buffet-recipies/td-p/363452
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Morning all!

Despite feeling rough due to my cold I am feeling positive about today.

B: bran flakes (HeB) and milk (from HeA) and a cuppa
    L: something free or ravioli (1.5syn)
    T: not sure until bf wakes up and I ask him. I'm thinking grilled chicken or turkey served with rice and a sauce, something quick as we are going back to the gym today (YAY!)

Snacks will be fruit

Still hoping to see at least a small loss tomorrow at group. May be naughty and nip to the chemist and weigh myself to see how I'm getting on - bad I know but I'd hate to have gained and not known before group
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    Morning folks,

Got 5 mins before meeting with one of new bosses so popped on to tell you all I ganied 3lb last night :(:(:( Bit gutted as have done nothing to deserve that but all I can put it down to is * week and the fact that I (warning- TMI) couldn't go to the loo before WI. Only 2nd * week since coming off the pill so don't think things are back to normal yet, but still disappointing. Anyway, nothing to stop me losing this week - things are still disorganised in work while i'm in a temporary office as don't have a swipe card yet to get in and out to tea room etc but am going to bring in stuff I can have anywhere or else meet up with OH and go to his tea room :)

Green today:
    B: Porridge (B), milk (A), raspberries
    L: Mugshot, 2 satsumas
    T: Spicy beanburgers, chips, carrots, roll (B)
    S: Freddo (5)

Have a good day all :)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • MentalMinnie
    Options
    One of the girls at work gave me a pasta mugshot yesterday, does it come under the Syns?
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    MentalMinnie it depends on which one it was as they each have different syn values
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • MentalMinnie
    Options
    MentalMinnie it depends on which one it was as they each have different syn values

Just found it on the Syns Online site, the tomato & herb is free?! Is that right!?!?!
  • MentalMinnie
    Options
    If something comes up as free does that mean you can have as much of it as you want?

I'm still finding some aspects hard to get my head round. x
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    I'm at target :j :T I decided that I am happy where I am, although I originally said that I wanted to lose 4 stone I didn't realise that I would be a size 10-12 at the weight I am. I have a healthy bmi as well which is good, so this is my first week at target which will be interesting, my consultant said to try having an extra a and b this week to see how I get on.

Have a good day everyone :)
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Just found it on the Syns Online site, the tomato & herb is free?! Is that right!?!?!
    If something comes up as free does that mean you can have as much of it as you want?

I'm still finding some aspects hard to get my head round. x

Yes the tomato and herb is free and you can have as many free foods as you want, so technically you could eat 100 syn free mug shots a day and 100 miller lights if you really had the urge :rotfl:
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport