Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    Options
    Blodwen if you lose your card they can issue you a new one, if you've forgotten it they can find you on your consultants laptop (someone in my group forgets their week in week out!

Tinned spaghetti for lunch, really starting to feel the effects of this cold so not actually hungry - drinking so much though, that's got to be a good thing!

Off to town shortly to get my Christmas stamps and some fruit/veggies. possibly some veggie mince which I won't tell bf about as he thinks I've lost so much I should just stick with the normal stuff now!

Can't remember if I've mentioned it but had an argument with him last week as I said I'd stop when i got to size 12 and went to get my Christmas dress and had to get a 10 so he is not happy and thinks I should give SW up now :/ not a happy bunny! I've said I'll get to target then review if i need to maintain that/maybe gain a little based on how I feel/look/what I think. Although I'm 8.5lbs off it now and I think I'd be happiest at this weight :/ will have to see how I get on I suppose.

Oh and I can not wait until I am at target so that I can have bread at lunch as well as another fibre item/HeB! I realised today that I actually miss having cereal for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks lush, that's a relief!

If you have a target in mind and want to get to it, you go for it- it's you who has to live with how you look and feel! You may decide you want to put a bit back on but it's your decision to make :-)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty happy right now really - if SW were less strict about the whole 3lbs above and below thing I think I would probably hover between 10st7lb and 11st but I will make a final decision after Christmas :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can't remember if I've mentioned it but had an argument with him last week as I said I'd stop when i got to size 12 and went to get my Christmas dress and had to get a 10 so he is not happy and thinks I should give SW up now :/ not a happy bunny! I've said I'll get to target then review if i need to maintain that/maybe gain a little based on how I feel/look/what I think. Although I'm 8.5lbs off it now and I think I'd be happiest at this weight :/ will have to see how I get on I suppose.

So pleased to hear you say that lush. I agree with Blodwen, it's you who have to make that decision. IIRC it wasn't just the bf but his parents as well who were trying to tell you what was a good weight for you to be. IMO that's not on. The SW target range is only a 1lb ouside your ideal range so 10st 7 to 10st 13 if you set your target at 10st 10lbs. What you can do is keep away from group for a few weeks if you think you're over or under while you get sorted out. They only make you pay if you go out of range and don't get back in within a week.

You've probably told me before but what height are you? I'm 5ft 9 and I can only get (flatteringly) into some size 10s. Generally I'd call myself a 12.

So far today I've had a cooked breakfast which I coudn't finish and a very small chicken roll. I've got a stir fry planned for later. Only syns a small juice and the (white:eek:) roll. I'm feeling a bit yuk too so not much appetite.

Sorry to hear abut your sciatica tie. Years ago they used to cover the lime of the nerve in brown paper and iron it apparently! I'm sure some gel or a hot water bottle would have the same effect. Take care of yourself.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are on the mend soon TIE.
    Take itn easy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • wuvvies
    wuvvies Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    im back in... ive got three pounds to loose to get to where i set my target and ive got to do it by christmas eve. i need to be good now. as i had such a small amount to loose i wanted to do it slowly setting myself a target of 1.5 pounds a week. ive more or less done it. sometimes it so hard to watch them all eating crisps and choc :(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blodwen~Hope new job goes well.

wuvvies~not much to loose now :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    maman I'm only 5'7'', to be honest I only picked 10st7lb as my target as my mum is the same height and was told at my age to stick there or slightly above!
    Despite it being really obvious I never thought about setting my target as 10st 10lb! I think I will do that on Wednesday at WI - that means I'll be able to stay in what I've found to be my 'happy range' through all this :) Thank you so much for pointing that out!

I think I only had to get a 10 as I needed it smaller under the bust (it's a halterneck so I needed/wanted it for the support, in trousers/bottoms I expect to be a 12 as I have a good pair of hips on my and a generous behind hehe. I haven't bought new tops for years so I have no idea what size I'll need in them!

Just had my cottage pie made with Quorn mince (unbeknown to bf) and I have to say it was amazing :) Flavoured using a beef stock cube so not strictly veggie but the syns were waaay down on what it would have been - it was just 2 for added gravy rather than 10 for the lot!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • MentalMinnie
    Options
    Hi guys,

I joined SW last week. I've finally admitted that i'm fat, and that i need to do something about it. I need to lose about 9st, so i'm gonna be in it for the long haul...
  • travellinglight_2
    Options
    Welcome Mental Minnie. I've been doing it for 9 weeks and it works... Tis is a good help as there is no thing as a silly question and everyone is very helpful and supportive. Look forward to the new you!
    2014 reach my best.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport