Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• mich_city
    mich_city Posts: 13,830 Forumite
    edited 4 December 2012 at 12:04AM
    Options
    Hi all..

Mind if I join in? - Been lurking on Minimins great info but its far too sparkly and dazzling for me to stay with daily ;)

Am following EE and not finding it too traumatic so far.. Just having some inconsistencies with losses when I feel I've stuck to the plan all week, gets a little frustrating at times!

so far..
    wk1: -5
    wk2: +0.5
    wk3: -2.5 (1/2 stone) :j
    wk4: -0.5
    wk5: -2.5
    wk6: STS

that 4lb for my stone off seems so close but yet so far!.. doesn't help that I attend class with my sister who loses every week and says she eats all sorts!

Think I might look at portion sizes and deffo need to drink more water, hard in this weather... bought a britta jug on Amazon Black Friday so no excuse for not having any in now!

today I've had.... i'm a northerner so my evening meal is a T(ea) for me :)

B: bran flakes and banana
    L: home made red pepper and spinach soup, 1 sm slice bread (no butter) banana
    T: mixed salad, splash Italian FF dressing, jacket spud, lowlow cheese.. mullerlight yog
    S: 2x rocky road hi-fi's

next weigh in Thursday..
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    edited 2 December 2012 at 9:01PM
    Options
    Mich - you say you are doing EE. But your meal plan for today is looking rather green with no meat present. So bran flakes and hifi's as HEB. Milk and cheese as HEA's. Where are your syns other than 3ish in 1 slice of bread? Upto 15 a day allowed. Are you measuring your milk out to ensure you are not going over your daily quota? Were your bran flakes measured out?

Well i come into the room a bearer of bad news. After Harvester meals come well recommended as a great base when eating out with SW the chain have slightly spoilt it now as jacket potatoes are coming served with oil soaked skins :eek: Apparently when the new menu was introduced in the last week or so along came the new thing with the oil as customer feedback meant people complaining the skins were too crispy or dry. I didnt have a clue about this until my meal was brought out today, i had asked for it plain with no butter and then saw the glistening skin :( after almost falling off my chair asked why on earth they would do it to be told the previous and if it has not been spread across the board of chains immediately it will be spreading across over the next few weeks. Really disappointed now as felt this was one place where eating out was less of a game of syn counting and one of enjoyment.

So todays meals -
    B, 2 weetabix, milk (1/2 hea) banana
    L, Harvester chicken breast, jacket potato, peas and huge salad. WM roll (estimating around 8 syns to cover oil on chicken aswell as spud)
    T, cheese(1/2 hea) and onion omelette. apple and in a while some melon.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Hi all, This week I thought I had done well and not done anything wrong but I am still the same, I am doing E E.
    This is one day can someone please check.
    A for drinks
    Breakfast ex lean bacon, eggs 6 slices of beetroot coffee and fruit.
    Snack mlight yoghurt coffee.
    Lunch tomatoes vegetarian sausage 2 = 4syns 6 oven chips 6syns
    home made split pea and lentil soup. 1 slice wm bread.B coffee fruit.
    snack. Apple satsuma.
    Dinner chicken hotpot ie cut up chicken breast 4 oz sliced potatoes onion and carrot in a small casserole, stock cube made up and poured into the casserole cook in oven for 1hr 30 mins take off lid 15mins before ready. served with mixed veg, carrots and corn
    coffee fruit.
    supper. bowl of soup as lunch. rooibos tea.
    Can anyone tell me if all my day is wrong as my weight is not moving.
    Thanks. Wizkid1:D

I haven't checked your syns but that menu looks fine to me. if you have time then post regularly as you can get advice as you go rather than waiting for WI day.

I think the issues with consultants is about attitude and/or confidence. Some just go through the motions and follow the SW script for Image Therapy. They don't particularly care as they get their money from everyone that weighs whether they choose to stay or not. Others just don't have the skills to manage a large group of people without falling back on the script although they know it could be better. We always have a better session when there's only a very few there and everyone chips in with ideas and questions. Unfortunately the SW set up seems to work against small groups as they need loads to make it financially worthwhile.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,498 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    We have had great groups with smaller numbers too.
    Think the group will continue to be small til after Christmas & then group will be way too big.

Have had a dire week TBH .
    Still stress city here and cannot get a handle on my eating at all.
    Expecting to be over the 3lb leeway tomorrow night.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    beanie i'm the same with stress and eating this week :( just can't stop snacking on carp this week. partly because i was so annoyed at the gain last week, and partly just fed up at work this week. hope you are pleasantly surprised.
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • mich_city
    Options
    I was working yesterday.. slim pickings there and didn't have time to make something before I went so had to make do, am usually more prepared.. (do 24 hr sleep in shifts so there a long time)

didn't weigh bran flakes, a guestimate so should start doing that.. and I don't use milk other than in cereal so don't go over on that - have black coffee and cant drink it 'neat'

today so far
    B: 2 weetabix and banana (work)
    L: 2 ryvita and EL philly - plum
    T: chicken and pea risotto, from the 100 extra easy days book, WW toffee yog, nectarine, 2 plums
    S: rocky road hifi (3) baileys hot choc on xmas market (?)

I've got a little complacent and not counting syns, am going to start filling in a menu again to keep track of them..
  • mich_city
    Options
    dread to think how many syns were in that hot choc.. the directory says 8 for 50ml baileys.. am sure its not a full measure they give you on those stalls.. anyhow, hot choc 6 as doubt it was low cal one.. good job I didn't have cream and couldn't finish it.. far too sweet!

14 (?) syns, not worth it! :o
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    mich_city wrote: »
    I was working yesterday.. slim pickings there and didn't have time to make something before I went so had to make do, am usually more prepared.. (do 24 hr sleep in shifts so there a long time)

didn't weigh bran flakes, a guestimate so should start doing that.. and I don't use milk other than in cereal so don't go over on that - have black coffee and cant drink it 'neat'

today so far
    B: 2 weetabix and banana (work)
    L: 2 ryvita and EL philly - plum
    T: chicken and pea risotto, from the 100 extra easy days book, WW toffee yog, nectarine, 2 plums
    S: rocky road hifi (3) baileys hot choc on xmas market (?)

I've got a little complacent and not counting syns, am going to start filling in a menu again to keep track of them..

Looking at this you are possiblly not getting your 1/3 superfree in over the day. I know you are having fruit but its not enough to balance out. You need to syn the 2 ryvitas (2) if they are original ones, Hot choc would depend on whether it was made from milk or not, but on average 4syns for the baileys.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Today so far:
    B: banana and 2 satsumas
    L: savoury rice and veggies
    S: hi fi light
    T: grilled chicken breast, yorkshire pud (3syns) roasties (3 syns) gravy (2syns) and masses of veg
    S: hi fi light

heb: the 2 hi fi lights
    hea: milk, before bed

Going to have a chomp bar before bed cos I really want one then tomorrow will be lots of walking, good food and generally making myself keep syns down, not sure how when bf wants spag bol (ragu = 11syns per jar and he won't touch anything else!) - think if i give him half the jar (he likes ALOT of sauce) then add veggies to mine and split it in two the syns should work out at 5 for it, I don't mind it being that many as that will be them all for the day- well them and my tiny advent choc hehe
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • mich_city
    Options
    stef240377 wrote: »
    Looking at this you are possiblly not getting your 1/3 superfree in over the day. I know you are having fruit but its not enough to balance out. You need to syn the 2 ryvitas (2) if they are original ones, Hot choc would depend on whether it was made from milk or not, but on average 4syns for the baileys.

the risotto had peas, leeks, onions, celery and mushrooms in too

the ryvita were the dark rye... confused on them, the directory gives the grab and go 'B's

2 ryvita dark rye/original (f s)
    4 ryvita dark rye/original (ff)

so the S is speed and the F high and FF extra high fibre.. just wondering why its different amounts

if that makes sense? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport