Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    0.5 on... absolutely gutted after 3 hours of intense exercise, lots of walking and 6 days on plan :(

Bah is all:(

Great loss lush & yah to 3 stone sticker :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • SwipernoSwiping
    Options
    SassySaver wrote: »
    I used to be a group member but stopped when I was pregnant and want to return as I desperately need to lose weight. The trouble is I am very busy with work and 2 young kids, getting to the group may be difficult. Even before I found most of the time I was unable to stay for the group discussion and just weighed in and left. With this in mind would it be better for me to become an online member?
    I don't know anyone who has tried this and am worried it is less effective.

Also I wondered whether there were more online features for online member or whether it is the same as the Lifeline Online that group members get access to?

Can type much, toddler on knee, but in answer to your questions, my friend has done 6 weeks online but switched to group, there is very little difference apparently, to the lifeline.
    I've taken my toddler to a morning group. Much planning, taking little things for her to play with, downloaded a game or two for my phone. Not the me time I need, but it served.
    HTH
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry to hear so much is going on for you Shellie - hope everyone gets better soon and things quieten down a little. If anyone can get to target it's you, you're so determined! :)

Sorry to hear you're disappointed Psycho - half a pound isn't much though so could maybe just be water retention, or your body getting used to the exercise. I'm sure you'll get the loss you deserve next week.

Well done Lush, fab achievement!

Had a fab night out at the gig with hubby but got in late and when I woke up this morning I felt like I'd had about 2 minutes sleep :( Late one again tonight then away for the weekend on Sat morning so need an early night tomorrow!

EE today:
    B: Golden syrup OSS (6.5), milk (A), banana
    L: HM veg soup (1), pitta (B), ham, clementine
    T: L/O sausage & veg casserole w/ mash & broccoli
    S: Yogurt (1)

Have a good day folks :)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Well done :) and good luck!

The main difference is that I exercised 3 times (3 hours in total) plus walking and haven't done so much exercise in about 2 years. No idea about * week as I'm currently not having them so not sure where in cycle I might be. Saturday morning was on plan, evening wasn't and sunday wasn't. Was honestly totally on plan weds-fri and mon-today. Even weighed in a day early last week... just seen that another person from group has put on the same as me and she started at the gym this week. Really hoping for a great loss next week. I'm not normally so down about a gain as I usually deserve it, but this time I really don't think I do :(

When I first joined the gym a few weeks back I had a STS and a couple of really small losses, it's settled again now so I'm putting it down to having been my muscles/body getting used to more exercise than just my usual walking

Today:
    B: 2 skinny lizzie sausages (2syn) baked beans and egg
    S: fruit
    L: ravioli (1.5syn) and fruit
    S: fruit
    T: no idea but I have 11syns to play with for the day :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    I've just realised I am now in the 'healthy' weight on that bmi thingy :T.
    Feeling rubbish today, very sick and very tired, I don't get ill so not sure what's going on. So much to do and I just want to go to bed!
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • fluff1987
    Options
    kjmtidea - yay on the bmi :j, boo on the illness. i think there is something going around though. loads of people i know have been struck with bugs this weather. a friend of mine has had the cold for the last 3 months (varying between chest infections and swollen glands) pretty much constantly. i think the only thing you can do is up your vitamins and veg out for a while
    I'd rather try and fail, than not try and never know :grin:

On the wagon again I go.... royally fell off.... 4.5st (63lb) by June 2016.... LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Thanks guys... will keep at the exercise and hope next week is different. Have had a few too many syns today thanks to the 2 choc digestives I ate at work, but will stay on track for the rest of the week... I don't have any plans that involve food or alcohol this weekend so no excuse!

Well done to everyone losing this week and hope those that are ill get better soon x
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Evening all,

so for tea I've had chicken, a smidge of BBQ sauce and about 6 chips! So calling it 4syns which still leaves me 6/7. Think they will go on a hot choc before bed. Just realised I haven't had either of my healthy extras today yet so will try to get a toasted roll with a little jam (2syns) in with my hot choc (2 syn) :)

Hope all who were feeling under the weather have picked up :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all.

Well been to WI to find a different consultant AGAIN, no warning to tonights group but apparently the saturday groups were told = as if thats any consolation? Any way i lost just a measly 0.5lb and son lost 2lb. Now theres not just me and son saying this but a few others also weighed at home to get a rough idea and most were saying that their estimated gains/losses should be more so going to have to wait another 2 weeks to get on the regular consultants scales to see whats happening. Handed over my food diary and been told mealwise im eating fantastically syn wise im too low. Totted up this weeks and it came to 52syns. Reading the food optomising book it says to stay between 5-10 days but you can allow up to 15. Stand in tonight says i should be going for the full 15 every day and doesnt seem to want to know when you cook for a whole family you have to cater for the fact that 2 of them arent following SW and my son doesnt want to see all syns used in meals as he likes to have the choccie bar or crisps of an evening so by using all syns over the 3 meals im depriving him of that as such. So plan for next week keep meals as on par as they have been and up the syns even if moving heaven and high water to do so :mad:

Can i ask if anyone here especially long terms know the full ins and outs of SE? Cos im now getting to the stage where im fed up of the inconsistencies of advice given. Normal consultant has always told us its the same as your normal day but taking SFs to 2/3s. Tonight stand in says no no no thats not it at all. You do your 2/3s but you have 2 x hea and 2x heb, But where syns are concerned you need to look them up for what it is you are having and take the highest syn value = for e.g. Mcdonalds small fries are EE, 7, GREEN, 7 ORIGINAL 14. So you go with red day. Which is the right one if in fact either of them are the slightest bit close :(

Sorry to hear others are still struggling. It must be really hard knowing that you are wanting to stick to plan now ready to losen the belt over xmas and then jump back on the wagon and i appreciate that life does get in the way to prevent these things.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

kjm- well done on the BMI, must be a great feeling! Hope you're feeling better today.

Stef- it's not on that they're messing you about with different consultants (and different scales- because even though they say they're calibrated often they do vary) all the time. I know some people here do use their 15 syns a day but many don't, can't see why it's compulsory if you're eating enough generally. I would say give it a go but have to say if it were me I'd be a bit wary in case I gained, especially if the losses previously had been quite slow.

Sorry, don't really know anything about SE although the taking the higher syn value thing was definitely in one of the plans, just can't remember which one. This and a few other similar posts say that stand in is right. It a bit confusing as puts red and green foods together before EE came along, but actually maybe the extra HE and syns might give you a bit of a boost? Let us know how you get on anyway.

Green for me today:
    B: Porridge (B), banana, 1 tbsp maple syrup (2), milk (A)
    L: OH taking me for JP & beans, woo! :p
    T: Quorn burgers (1), chips, beans, pitta (B)
    S: Clementine, Freddo (5)

Hope everyone has a great weekend and 'see' you all on Monday :)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport