Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• psychopathbabble
    Options
    I think it is SE that has the higher syn value... not sure about the HEs though. I'll have a look later and see if it's in my pack for you.
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    stef240377 wrote: »
    Evening all.

Can i ask if anyone here especially long terms know the full ins and outs of SE? Cos im now getting to the stage where im fed up of the inconsistencies of advice given. Normal consultant has always told us its the same as your normal day but taking SFs to 2/3s. Tonight stand in says no no no thats not it at all. You do your 2/3s but you have 2 x hea and 2x heb, But where syns are concerned you need to look them up for what it is you are having and take the highest syn value = for e.g. Mcdonalds small fries are EE, 7, GREEN, 7 ORIGINAL 14. So you go with red day. Which is the right one if in fact either of them are the slightest bit close :(

I looked up my SE leaflet and last night's consultant was spot on although you could have 1 or 2 HEAs. I'm surprised she didn't have a leaflet to give you.

On the syn question, I've always used my full compliment of 105 a week. Mostly I cook syn free as far as possible (just the odd bit of cornflour for a sauce or gravy with roasts) and then use my syns for treats like your DS enjoys. I know some people at my group cook totally separate meals for the family but I CBA with that. It's not as if SW food is just a plate of lettuce, it's healthy for everyone.

:Tlush on your loss.
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice it seems you guys on here are more clued up than the consultants. My regular consultant had run into some bad luck with the floods in Spain, her property flooded and has had difficulty with sorting all that out which led to her going over there for 4 weeks and now the tenants in there have disappeared leaving her in the lurch again and having to go back out for 2 weeks till someone else can take the house on. So in 6 weeks thats 4 different consultants we will of had. I appreciate that difficulties do arise like they would for all of us but thought there would be some consistency with the stand ins that we get.

Decided that im not going to stress what the WI scales say too much over the next week or so and go by my own at home, yes i know they arent the same as groups but i will get some idea of where im going as i know how many lbs out they are so can monitor it and just shrug it off with whatever scales we have next week.

Blown the syns to day by allowing myself a fish and chips in BHS mainly because it was the only thing left looking edible and my head was still in the 'what the hell' zone. But i have written it down on the food diary so i know i wont be sitting back next week saying well i dont know whats happened here if there is a gain. Still back on track for tonights meal though as i have son to consider.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and dont get too cold as dont want too many :grouphug: in here on monday :rotfl:
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • evilsquid1603
    Options
    stef240377 wrote: »
    Can i ask if anyone here especially long terms know the full ins and outs of SE? Cos im now getting to the stage where im fed up of the inconsistencies of advice given. Normal consultant has always told us its the same as your normal day but taking SFs to 2/3s. Tonight stand in says no no no thats not it at all. You do your 2/3s but you have 2 x hea and 2x heb, But where syns are concerned you need to look them up for what it is you are having and take the highest syn value = for e.g. Mcdonalds small fries are EE, 7, GREEN, 7 ORIGINAL 14. So you go with red day. Which is the right one if in fact either of them are the slightest bit close :(

its 2/3 SF and 1/3 Red and green free food per meal plus one or two HEA and one or two HEB. syns are 15 a day but you do have to go off the higher value it gives like you said with the chips. it used to be good in the good ol days of Red & green as it was our one way of having the meat and pasta/potato/rice etc in the same meal without faffing around with HEB servings!
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Morning all :)

Thanks maman

With regards to success express our consultant has never offered anyone a leaflet and she has never mentioned about the syn values or the red/green foods! She just says it's upping your superfree food :S

How does everyone's consultant do image therapy? Mine just goes through everyone saying something like 'xxx has a weightloss of xstxlbs this week...[everyone claps]...xxx are you ok with this loss/gain...anything you need help with for this week?' and then moves on to the next. Boring and exhausting when almost, if not more, 30 people stay to group and another 30 have left so she has to skip over all of them. Before starting I had thought that image therapy would be more support; recipe swapping and tips between members etc. I stay because sometimes I may get something out of it but often I don't and once I get to target I will go maybe once a month to keep my life line online going. I'll then get some scales and calibrate them as close as I can to the SW ones.

Anyhoo, yesterday I had :
    B: original oats so simple (HeB) made with milk (HeA)
    S: cups of tea (rest of milk from HeA)
    L: cottage cheese with pineapple (2syns) and carrot sticks
    T: grilled chicken, jacket potato and beans with a smidge of bbq sauce (1syn)
    Far too light on superfrees but I had no motivation to get any in sadly

Today:
    B: WW yog, will have poached egg, baked beans and toasted roll (HeB) shortly
    S: satsumas and an apple
    L: not a clue, probably some savoury rice which I will cook some veggies to have with/snack on
    S: probably no afternoon snack
    T: gammon, poached egg, baked potato, baked beans and masses of veggies
    before bed: hot choc (2syn) and a chomp(6syn)
    so 8 syns for the day
    Somewhere in all that I need motivation to get a shower, get dressed, go to town and pick up a few bit and do some cleaning :/ Ahh these boring days where I lack any motivation are killers!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Lush - sounds pretty much like our group. Now the weather has set in though there are less than 10 people stopping to group. I did notice though that as there is a stand in consultant some of the people are coming in telling stand in they have text or rung regular consultant to say not WI the previous week and trying to blag a free one and as she isnt on the normal consultants laptop she cant argue it apparently because your personal details although stored with SW only show on your own consultants property unless you request a swap then they are transferred over. Now we are a very concentrated group we are asked about recipe ideas to go over something we have tried and enjoyed during the week and share with all the others, so by the time weight announcements/awards done all shared a recipe we are out of there within 45 mins instead of the usual 1.5-2hours which is a dire shame.

Today for me is looking like -
    B, sachet of porridge, mixed berries and activia.
    L, undecided but will have banana and apple
    T, liver, bacon and onions with mash and veg, going to syn mash when worked out values as i want some butter/milk in it as really not enjoying it with just a beaten egg. Pineapple.

Try and stay warm everyone as i have just read on one of my friends facebook accounts that there's snow in Scarborough!! Hope it doesn't head towards the midlands.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done to all the losers and big hugs to all in need :A:A:A:A

WI with 1lb loss :j at last have stopped gaining :T. Now need to keep it on an even keel to keep the gains to a minimum.

Had a smattering of snow this morning here in norfolk and temp still not above 0. Am planning my layers with care for standing on the touch line at rugby in a couple of hours :eek:

Have a good weekend all :A:A:A

Oh must just say its great when people 1st start noticing your weight loss and its all "wow you look amazing" but when they start saying things like "you lose any more and you'll disappear" it starts to get on your nerves. I went to a family wedding a couple of weeks ago and saw family members I hadn't seen for a few years and it was all "omg you're wasting away". How can being a size 12 be classed as wasting away? Funny that the people saying it had started SW when I first did and failed to lose anything :p
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, This week I thought I had done well and not done anything wrong but I am still the same, I am doing E E.
    This is one day can someone please check.
    A for drinks
    Breakfast ex lean bacon, eggs 6 slices of beetroot coffee and fruit.
    Snack mlight yoghurt coffee.
    Lunch tomatoes vegetarian sausage 2 = 4syns 6 oven chips 6syns
    home made split pea and lentil soup. 1 slice wm bread.B coffee fruit.
    snack. Apple satsuma.
    Dinner chicken hotpot ie cut up chicken breast 4 oz sliced potatoes onion and carrot in a small casserole, stock cube made up and poured into the casserole cook in oven for 1hr 30 mins take off lid 15mins before ready. served with mixed veg, carrots and corn
    coffee fruit.
    supper. bowl of soup as lunch. rooibos tea.
    Can anyone tell me if all my day is wrong as my weight is not moving.
    Thanks. Wizkid1:D
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all :)

Thanks maman

With regards to success express our consultant has never offered anyone a leaflet and she has never mentioned about the syn values or the red/green foods! She just says it's upping your superfree food :S

How does everyone's consultant do image therapy? Mine just goes through everyone saying something like 'xxx has a weightloss of xstxlbs this week...[everyone claps]...xxx are you ok with this loss/gain...anything you need help with for this week?' and then moves on to the next. Boring and exhausting when almost, if not more, 30 people stay to group and another 30 have left so she has to skip over all of them. Before starting I had thought that image therapy would be more support; recipe swapping and tips between members etc. I stay because sometimes I may get something out of it but often I don't and once I get to target I will go maybe once a month to keep my life line online going. I'll then get some scales and calibrate them as close as I can to the SW ones.

Anyhoo, yesterday I had :
    B: original oats so simple (HeB) made with milk (HeA)
    S: cups of tea (rest of milk from HeA)
    L: cottage cheese with pineapple (2syns) and carrot sticks
    T: grilled chicken, jacket potato and beans with a smidge of bbq sauce (1syn)
    Far too light on superfrees but I had no motivation to get any in sadly

Today:
    B: WW yog, will have poached egg, baked beans and toasted roll (HeB) shortly
    S: satsumas and an apple
    L: not a clue, probably some savoury rice which I will cook some veggies to have with/snack on
    S: probably no afternoon snack
    T: gammon, poached egg, baked potato, baked beans and masses of veggies
    before bed: hot choc (2syn) and a chomp(6syn)
    so 8 syns for the day
    Somewhere in all that I need motivation to get a shower, get dressed, go to town and pick up a few bit and do some cleaning :/ Ahh these boring days where I lack any motivation are killers!

Ours is rubbish and she's lucky if 10 people stay out of about 65+ who weigh in. There are loads of people who leave at the same time as me (straight after weigh-in) and they all say the same "it's not worth staying", "it's boring", "the consultant is not interested" etc etc. Exactly the same format as you describe ..... how much so and so has lost, how do you feel about it and what is your aim for next week. Riveting stuff!!:rotfl: I honestly feel now that I'm wasting £5 a week on going and also 20 miles worth of fuel. I really think this is something SW should look at because some consultants are brilliant in other groups. They should be keeping tabs on the number of people who don't stay to Image Therapy. When you read the SW mag and they do features on people who have lost weight they always say that Image Therapy sessions proved vital for their weight loss. Not at my group sadly!
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Pennylane that's exactly my thought! It's just so boring and doesn't achieve that much in my opinion!

Well today actually went as follows:
    B: ww yog and beans on toast (HeB)
    S: naughty quarter of a homemade, 1/2 size muffin :/ expect thats my syns far gone! (think about the size of an average HM cupcake and half it, that would be about right)
    L: ended up not having anything, just a banana as we went to Makro and a couple of other places
    S: nada
    T: gammon, jacket potato, baked beans and mixed veg

Need to use my HeA soon - may just do warm milk before bed

Going out in the morning to watch bf's ex-basketball team play (just to be nosey and cos he 'wants to show me off'! hah!) so will easily be light on syns as I'll fill my handbag with fruit to munch on rather than spend money in the over priced naughty food cafe :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family