We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Options

Comments

• elliep_2
    elliep_2 Posts: 711 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Emma / Brednall - please talk to your husband, choose a time when neither of you is stressed and tell him what you told us. Ask him if he feels it too and what he thinks might be causing it.
    I really feel for you and know what it's like as I went through it. In the end I couldn't stop mine leaving, but if you can talk about it at this stage you might be able to work through it together and use whatever the problem is to become stronger. Marriage is worth working on and when it works right is should be the best thing ever, but it does take work and that's normal.
    Please just don't sit back and watch things go downhill though, you deserve better and so does he and your children.
    PM me if you want to talk to someone who understands, I'll help in any way I can.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 October 2012 at 9:26AM
    Options
    Further to my earlier post, have just ordered a dressing gown reduced from £40 to £12 :T which I intend to give to my sister for xmas/her birthday on the basis that if I go to the shop, they probably won't have it in stock! and just worked out that I can get my perfume online at a reduced price (not as cheap as the offer was :() but with a £10 voucher I ordered from Necta% yesterday (with my points), will get the 90ml bottle for £31 instead of £49 :T Happy days.
  • brednall
    brednall Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi elliep. It has been a tough 18 months for us with lots of changes happening. I think I have found it hard not returning to work after maternity leave and having to be dependent on someone else for money is not something I am used to. It is also less than a year since I lost my dad so I am still supporting my mum while trying to understand it all myself.

I always have my children to make me smile and my stitching to keep me busy when I do get an odd moment to myself.

THanks again - no more whining from me today. Back to the stitching

Emma
    Baby daughter born Jan 10
    Baby son born June 11
  • elliep_2
    elliep_2 Posts: 711 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Emma - Don't worry about whining, we're all here for you. It does sound like it's been a really tough year or two for you. Do talk to hubby about how you're feeling though - he can't understand or help you if he doesn't know what's going on.
  • maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    Laura i keep looking at you tea cup and might nick the idea as a present for my mum for christmas if you dont mind

louise love the cottage its amazing how back stitch can bring a piece to life

Emma love the snow globes (i will resist)

hello Fran and welcome to the cafe

aneres welcome back and congratulations

ruth i dont do anything to the edges of my aida and dont really have a problem with fraying only when i use evenweave

skoobie glad you went and had a good time, i love the kit you brought

brendall sending you hugs, men can be so frustrating cant they?

Mags hard frost looks lovley, and a bargain i think for framing
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • subtle_minx
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    Further to my earlier post, have just ordered a dressing gown reduced from £40 to £12 :T which I intend to give to my sister for xmas/her birthday on the basis that if I go to the shop, they probably won't have it in stock! and just worked out that I can get my perfume online at a reduced price (not as cheap as the offer was :() but with a £10 voucher I ordered from Necta% yesterday (with my points), will get the 90ml bottle for £31 instead of £49 :T Happy days.

Morning, feeling better thanks, hope to get some stitchyness done later, if have energy/concentration...

just wondering where did you get the dressing gown, was it on the Deb site, been looking for a quality gown at a good price so Joel can get me it (still owed from feb b'day), lol and could fit the bill. Glad you got the perfume at a reasonable price, i'm a sucker for perfume store, esp now they have a loyalty card, got 2 large bottles (diff variations) of Georgio Beverly Hills (one EDP) for £20. :)

Mags cat- hard Frost looks lovely all framed

Did anyone else end up adding the freebie blackwork pumpkin to their to do list... prob on mine for next years halloween as not tried blackwork and looks quite intricate, esp with the gold thread.

Converse between Emma and Ellie = why I love this group soo much. hardly ever check on other forums. This is soo much more of a community/family feel :)

Ok, gonna stop rambling now.

Hope ppl get some stitchyness done today :)
  • sweetcarer
    sweetcarer Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies

Why are hubbys so bad to us at times. I know I am lucky mine is not too bad. Hope the ones who are "naughty" things get better. I think me and hubby work as we talk alot - if anything is bothering us we make a cup of tea and talk and never to bed on an argument.

Now I am in a quandary. How do you back your bookmarks. I used to just use another piece of aida same size and do a wee running stitch all the way round. Is this ok or should I try and get something else. Maybe I will take a photo of one and show you what I do and see what you think. I have made up my first one (my own design) and going to try and do another one today.

I agree with the comment we are more than just a cross stitch forum - we are a group of ladies come together support each other and share our joys, our sads, our lives.

Kind wishes to all

sweetcarer ;)
    :j cross stitch forever, housework whenever :j
  • tellmeitsfriday
    Options
    sweetcarer wrote: »
    Now I am in a quandary. How do you back your bookmarks. I used to just use another piece of aida same size and do a wee running stitch all the way round. Is this ok or should I try and get something else. Maybe I will take a photo of one and show you what I do and see what you think. I have made up my first one (my own design) and going to try and do another one today.

Have you got some felt, so some thick iron on fabric strengthener/wondaweb type stuff?

I've used both of those successfully for book marks :)
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    subtle - thaks for the pumpkin, it's not my thing (but I can't explain why) - possibly becuase the design screams 'dark' and not 'happy'? I know tis halloween but ..........................

mags_cat - that one looks fantastic framed - £100 for a HEAD - another good reason not to add one to my stash.

flat_eric - seen you got your perfume now but 9 times out of 10 I use cheapsmells. Can get some really good prices there.
    Also worth checking ebay - I got an unused tester once (so basically no lid and a plain box) something silly like 90ml for the price a 50ml would have cost. obv check their feedback to see what others say - tis easy to spot a faker.

Brednall - hope thigs improve (you just have to read my diary to see the !!!! I go tho). me and hubby are currently not talking AGAIN as he spent Friday night in the pub (promised me he was just popping in to pick something up and wouldn't be out all night as he had work the next day). Now he's off sick with his knee again (so another £100 down so far on next month wages).

I'm on a sort out/ tidy up/ flylady type of day. popping to mr A in a bit to get a chicken for a roasty tea.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • littlestar1981
    Options
    Morning all,

I have an exam on Tuesday so today unfortunately will be 90% revision, though I will take lunch breaks to hover about the forum and reward myself tonight by stitching while watching Strictly and X Factor! :p

Hard Frost is lovely mags_cat, such a calming scene! I best start saving for my HAED to be framed, mind you since it'll probably take forever to stitch I have plenty of time :rotfl:

Happy Sunday all x
    OU Student! - ED209, SDK125, DSE212, SK124, DSE141, SD226, DXR222, DD303, DD307 = BSc Psychology
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport