Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Options

Comments

• Mags_cat
    Mags_cat Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options

mags cat what a great job your framer has done and at a great price too. I think I remember seeing your Autumn JC piece - which designs did you stitch for summer and spring?

Flower : I did the summer and spring ones ages ago (before I started archiving patterns) but these are the ones that Mum picked. (She does this...sees a design she likes and buys it for me to stitch for her, having no idea of how complex the pattern is, what fractionals it uses, whether it's evenweave or Aida....you know!)

Anyway - this was the summer one - it looks much "brighter" in real life
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj52F9yPWRsaPqIQ5qslZf9EL1fCMhfjjaWnk4trA0BaFyavWrPA

And this is the spring design :
    2580108674_2f9a238e9b_m.jpg

Mags_cat - Hard Frost is simply stunning. Can you remember the other day I told you that DH was admiring your Escher??? pic - well I have just told him your estimate for framing and it has left him speechless. It will be worth it though and at least you know so you may be able to budget for it. Looking forward to next update.

b_e_g (and everyone else who commented!) Thanks for the lovely words about Hard Frost. Yes, the HAED is going to cost a bomb to frame, but it won't be ready for at least another 2 years...probably longer, so at least I know now. I should have got a quote in writing from my lovely framer - by the time he ever sees it, inflation will have doubled that cost! :rotfl:

I'm almost finished on the second page of the pattern - two more blocks to do and I'll post another update. Definately not this weekend!
  • scotstwinmum
    scotstwinmum Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2012 at 7:09PM
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone
  • scotstwinmum
    Options
    Mags_cat wrote: »
    Hello Fran, welcome to (sometimes) mad house :wave:

If you are already a member of Flickr - photo sharing site, then we have a group there where we post pictures. If not, you can join up for free - I think Chicky had posted the instructions on how to do this on the very first page of this thread.

We love pictures of other people's work....:T

Thanks for the welcome

Fran
  • scotstwinmum
    Options

scotstwinmum - welcome to the Cafe

b_e_g

Thanks for the welcome

Fran
  • scotstwinmum
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    Hello Fran Welcome to the Cafe :wave: Look forward to seeing pics of your stitchy efforts

Thanks for the welcome

Fran
  • scotstwinmum
    Options
    [QUOTE

hello Fran and welcome to the cafe[/QUOTE]

Thanks maria for the welcome
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh dear. I've discovered that Debenham% deliver to store for free.... so ordered another xmas present (half price scarf :j) Luckily the Joe Brown items in my basket got binned as they don't qualify for free store delivery and I don't really want to faff with having a parcel delivered. Not sure if first delivery has to be to billing address etc

Hmmm no cross stitch managed today. not sure where the time has gone. Tuesday is booked as stitchy though! can't wait!
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    Louise, very good progres today, love the finished two doctors. Lots of UFO's finished there?

BEG, Thanks for the making spot, found a nice card design I have bookmarked for Mum's b/day. Don't know if I shall get it yet but tahnks for the link. Out of interest the Angel design I just purchased as a mag for £4.99 is on there for £3.99 alone :eek:

Leemina, I used youtube once to cut my own mount and it was very hard. Plus it didn't have a nice sloped finish like you can buy iyswim. If i could only afford to do my own I would do but only at a push.

Eric, I use simple word document and my diary on here to keep track of spends but i know you can get online apps/sites to do so if you want charts etc. Depends on the person I guess, I did start out with a notebook :D

Scotstwinmum Hello and welcome to the cafe

Mags cat, Love that finished design, the framers did a good job too. I bet your Mum is pleased to have the full set now. Do I remember that your started a square set too?

Littlestar, Good luck with your up and coming exam, I hope you enjoy your 'treat' stitchig tonight.

Ruth, I'm really sorry to hear your latest news. I hope you make it to the funeral and are able to celebrate her life.

Not much done today, been dropping in and out of stitching all day while doing chores. However this is London update...

Last time you saw it -
    Natasha240.jpg

Today -
    Natasha423_zps0f7ac4ea.jpg

:T
  • scotstwinmum
    Options
    Where can I do some stash shopping, want to try and pick up a needle minder !

TIA

Fran
  • maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    If you are talking online shopping try
    Sew and so ( you can get a discount if you sign up to there newsletter can't remember if it is 5% or 10%) or

Across town stitching

Can't recommend them enough

Love your London update pap
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business