Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Options

Comments

• blue_eyed_girl
    Options
    Pap - love London update.

OFF TOPIC
    Just started to watch XFactor results show.k Louis better behave himself tonight - last week he made me so angry with all that bloomin ditherin.

beg
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • subtle_minx
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    Yes it was Debenham%. I have just gone to find the gown to post linky but can't find it anymore :(

Cheers, I did have a look this morn as thought that was what you meant but couldn't find anything matching the price...

Oh o, did someone mention Joe brown (two of my fave words) and del to store will get away from p+p charge = happy *soon to be skint) Rina* Love adding to my jb stuff after discovering them last year. Wait for 80% sale and have a l'il splurge.

No stitching for me, still feel soo tired and lack motivation. What do you all do to motivate yourselves... Am I missing something? :(
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    morning all
    welcome fran
    louise wow how busy, but i bet it was really satisfying to get all those finsihed
    pap lovely update
    mags, those other stitchesin the set look lovely
    ruth so sorry to hear about your friend
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • brednall
    brednall Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

Lovely completions Louise - you were busy yesterday. Hope all the gifts will be appreciated.

Just wondering if anyone would like the free christmas chart booklet and madeira threads that were with the recent WOCS magazine. Not something I will use so happy to pass it on to another stitcher

Emma
    Baby daughter born Jan 10
    Baby son born June 11
  • vickietm
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry to say I have not posted for well over a year, life has been a bit hectic but think it's calming down now. I have been reading though and following everyone's progress. Still utterly amazed at the speed you stitch Louise.

Stitchywise I have been working steadily along on the Winnie the Pooh number sampler I was doing for my nephew who was born in March...oops bit late there then. I am now hoping to get it done by Christmas but knowing me it will more than likely be for his 1st birthday. Here's a link to a pic http://www.sewandso.co.uk/Products/Winnies-Numbers__ROY-9886443-00021.aspx. It is by Royal Paris and I have to say it is a lovely kit to stitch and colours are gorgeous.

I promise to try and post much more regularly now and become one of the gang again.

Vickie x
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenge Member #53.

2012- Finish Winnie Pooh Sampler for Nephew
    2013 -Finish tiger and cub started in 2000
  • sk00bie1
    sk00bie1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Hard Frost is lovely Mags_cat

Great progress on London PAP.

So sorry to hear about your friend Ruth_honey, Sending big hugs your way.

And welcome back Vickie
    sammyw wrote: »
    Scoobie - I went to the Knit and stitch show yesterday too - never been to a show like this before and was amazed at the amount of different crafts there! Fell in love with many cross stitch kits, quilt kits and fabrics but managed to not over spend, have made a list of everything to find when I have the money though.
    I've stitched the cabin that you mentioned - it was a lovely kit! I've also done the cabin fever design that's similar. I'm on the lookout for the Serenity, Courage and Wisdom kit now - but not at £45+ lol

It was amazing wasn't it? Much bigger that any I've been to before.
    skoobie glad you made the show and enjoyed it. Well done on the restraint. The kit is lovely and not a huge amount of work for the size. I like doing drawn thread but as you have to remove threads from the fabric I would suggest trying the technique on a spare piece of fabric first
    Those Dimensions kits are stunning but a lot of work :eek: One of the things I love about going to shows is seeing the stitched models - it is so much better than just photos on a website

Thanks FOS, I might have a practice if I can find a spare bit of fabric. It looks straight forward though, as long as I count twice and cut once :rotfl: I've been reading about the techniques for as long as I've been stitching so I think I'll be ok.

They wanted £34 for the kit, including everything. The chart was £8.50 so thats £25.50 for the threads etc. I've been pricing it all up and think I can get it for less than £20 so that's a fiver saved. :money:Will be even more if I have the fabric already. Found a good deal on ebay USA, 5 silk mori threads for $7.50. With postage from the US it works out at around £1.50 for each, a lot cheaper than sew and so who want £2.40 ish.
    *Louise* wrote: »
    sk00bie - you were very good at the stitching show :T I can't be without my thread cutter round my neck these days when stitching. I fell in love with Aurora Cabin when I saw it stitched up at a show this year....but I know I won't stitch it :( I think I like Holiday Village even more as well, I hadn't seen that one before.

It was about time I bought the thread cutter, as you can see I forgot my scissors on Friday and had to keep carrying the threads! Actually it was just as well I did forget them as I had to go throught security at City airport for work and would have had them taken off me! No need to worry with the thread cutter though :T

8089470421_d6ff006990.jpg
    Day 6 by sk00bie81, on Flickr

Here is my kitty stocking, just need to do the eyes in black and add the beads and backstitch.

Havne't done much on the angel the last few days, was too tired after work last week and was busy at the weekend, hoping to get some done tonight :)
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26 :hello:
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
  • gildius
    gildius Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    brednall those Christmas charts are so cute - thanks for sharing!
  • maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    Welcome back vikki, love the winnie the pooh, not seething that one before

Cat stocking is cute skoobie
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    *Louise* wrote: »

FOS....have you not bought that kit yet??? :p:rotfl:
    Thanks for you comments on my kids' morning charts - when hubby got in and saw him he did say 'why did you buy them, you could have easily made them yourself' :rotfl:They don't actually take long to make, it's attaching the velcro which takes the longest (I would use cirles next time) I might well look into folksy (is that the british site?)

No I am still resisting. Basically it's £33 for a chart as I would swap out the fabric and don't need the threads as like you I have a full set of DMC. Will just keep looking out for it in sales .................

Folksy is the UK version of Etsy though of course UK people sell on Etsy. It doesn't look difficult to set up a "shop" so could be worth trying. I've never seen anything quite like these and I'm sure they would appeal to anyone with a growing family
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    Ruth_honey wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Had some very upsetting news last night. A friend of mine passed away 2 weeks ago and I had no idea. I got an email from another friend in America saying that she'd seen something on facebook about the funeral and did I know about it. What a horrible way to find out. Although I am grateful that I did find out in time to go to the funeral this Friday.
    She was a stitching friend of mine that I met online in 1999 and we'd just clicked. She was in her 60s at the time, but we got on really well and met up at shows a few times, plus I had visited her at her home in Lowestoft when I was holidaying in the area. She was even at my wedding.
    Weirdly, I was talking about her the day of my op because the nurse admitting me had a similar (filthy! ;) ) laugh and I commented to DH about it. I meant to get in touch, but the days turn into weeks, and before you know it, months have passed.
    I have found out today that she was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in August and died the very end of September. She wouldn't quit those bl00dy cigarettes!!! Am so upset that she's gone and I never got chance to tell her how much she meant to me. I really hope I can make the funeral on Friday. I think my mum might want to go too, so maybe she could drive me-it's near Great Yarmouth.

In stitching news, I finished the stitching on my christmas card exchange. Just not mounted it in the card yet.

And Hard Frost looks REALLY lovely!

So sorry to hear your news Ruth It's the last thing you need at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure