Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Options

Comments

• Intenso
    Intenso Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    J_B wrote: »
    Could it be that installing a new keyboard (Perfect Keyboard Free) has fixed the spelchequer problem??? :cool:

No it doesn't entirely fix the spell checker. It offers spelling suggestions but words still remain underlined in read even if spelled correctly.

However, I have to say that perfect keyboard is a very decent keyboard.

So, thanks for bringing it to my attention :)
  • Iconic
    Iconic Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    Is the U8815_Vodafone_B936_F the update to avoid as its buggy?

Just popped up on my phone as an update.

It's the long anticipated Vodafone ICS!

I don't think it's too buggy but it's got a lot more bloat. Have a look back on this thread over the last week.
  • myxbox
    myxbox Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    hi there, am wanting one of theses is the ICS update only available to people who get it on vodafone, also how would i do the official update to ICS , many thanks
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    obvious wrote: »
    http://eurodroid.com/2012/11/06/vodafone-users-furious-about-buggy-g300-ics-update/

1. Dictionary broken.

2. Caller ID broken - it doesn't display in time.

3. No hardware accelerated UI despite documented written promises.

4. Reverts to internal storage after reboot even if you tell it to use the SD card.

5. Sluggish and slows down over time leading to force closes etc - bad memory management.

6. Still defaults back to factory ringtones when connected to PC or powered off.

7. The security flaw that allows the sim card to be destroyed when visiting a malicious url has not been patched.

On the last point, its thought that the weakness relates to Samsung phones, it uses the phones service menu commands to start a wipe. Obviously a Huawei has different system to a Samsung.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • sillygoose
    Options
    myxbox wrote: »
    hi there, am wanting one of theses is the ICS update only available to people who get it on vodafone, also how would i do the official update to ICS , many thanks

Someone will probably upload a copy as a boot flashable file at Modoco if not done already, it seems to be a re-release of an old slightly unfixed version anyway.

If your not planning on using it on Voda you will have to put up with the voda bloat and branding of course.
  • myxbox
    myxbox Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    if i get it on vodafone, how do i do the official update to ICS? many thanks
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,447 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    myxbox wrote: »
    if i get it on vodafone, how do i do the official update to ICS? many thanks

Best way will be to trawl back through this thread till you find the answer.

Maybe posts 33, 89, 122/3, 330, 366, 372, 374 would be helpful

IME, post 173 didn't work :(
  • ellie14
    ellie14 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tried toget Huawei g 300 from Tesco and T Direct H/O sent me to local store never heard of phone told me to ring Tesco direct same thing no phones in stock ,anyone know any other deals ,was going to get with cc points
  • sillygoose
    Options
    ellie14 wrote: »
    Tried toget Huawei g 300 from Tesco and T Direct H/O sent me to local store never heard of phone told me to ring Tesco direct same thing no phones in stock ,anyone know any other deals ,was going to get with cc points

This thread is a bit off topic now, the Tesco ones went a long time ago. But you can still get for around £70 or under - search the thread for the Very/Isme deal. Otherwise get from a vodaphone shop for £99 still a bargain.
  • Iconic
    Iconic Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sillygoose wrote: »
    Someone will probably upload a copy as a boot flashable file at Modoco if not done already, it seems to be a re-release of an old slightly unfixed version anyway.

If your not planning on using it on Voda you will have to put up with the voda bloat and branding of course.

Hi SG

I am nearly there!

You will remember I got the G300 last week, installed the Voda ICS, didn't like it and tried to move to V100R001C203B940 as your post 372 without success.

Since then I have downgraded to GB as luci's post 692.

I then decided to follow this completely http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/ and have now got to the last page!

It is a real belt and braces approach but at least I have not bricked the phone so far!

In actual fact because I already had the voda ICS installed in the first place I could have started at page 5 because the voda ICS is baseband version 2030.

The only thing I have to do now is choose the ROM I want from Modaco as this page http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/install-the-custom-rom/

Could you just confirm that this is the one you have http://www.modaco.com/topic/357413-ics-repack-403-b940-u8815-ota-release-rom/ and that I should install the first file as my G300 is already rooted.

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport