Spill the beans... on how to minimise loo paper use

Options

Comments

• bundance
    bundance Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    poacherp wrote: »
    Reduce your loo roll use by 50% immediately - use both sides! ;)
    hahahhahaahahh:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • nanima
    Options
    Install a douche spray beside the loo and wash! Or use a suitable jug with a spout and wash. Then you use a fraction of paper. Keep a separate towel to pat dry or use a fraction of your normal paper use to pat dry.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 September 2012 at 8:50AM
    Options
    MSE_Debs wrote: »
    Spill the beans... on how to minimise loo paper use
    [IMGRIGHT]http://images.moneysavingexpert.com/images/spillthebeans2.gif[/IMGRIGHT]

Toilet roll's expensive, so using less saves money & the environment. And any special techniques for reducing the amount used?

[]

The proper use of toilet paper is an important part of health and hygiene. People should, indeed must, use what's right for them. Using less than they need in order to save money is stupid, as is any attempt to encourage them to use less.
    This particular 'tips on saving money' thread is by far the most ridiculous one ever posted on MSE - and that's a crowded field. But if MSE chooses to turn itself into a laughing stock ..................
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Mupette
    Mupette Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    Options
    another one here who likes/needs wet wipes after.

no need to flush down the loo, most people have little bins in the bathroom......

wet wipes get used for so many things in this house, and no baby in site.

wiping the dogs paws when in from the mud/rain
    same for cats if we can catch them
    a quick freshen up if no time for proper wash
    wiping around the rim, under the seat of loo etc as 2 men in the house, they spray was too much with their hoses,

again i always bin, not flush
    GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I can't help asking this question. WHO in the household is the person using all these smelly rags and wipes, and WHO is the one designated to empty the undoubtedly smelly bin?
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mupette wrote: »
    another one here who likes/needs wet wipes after.

no need to flush down the loo, most people have little bins in the bathroom......

wet wipes get used for so many things in this house, and no baby in site.

wiping the dogs paws when in from the mud/rain
    same for cats if we can catch them
    a quick freshen up if no time for proper wash
    wiping around the rim, under the seat of loo etc as 2 men in the house, they spray was too much with their hoses,

again i always bin, not flush

Mupette doesnt your bin get really smelly???? :eek::eek::eek:
    We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic. ;)

Debt at LBM (Sep 07): £13,500. Current debt: [STRIKE]£680[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£480[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£560[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£13[/STRIKE] £0 overdraft :D
    Current aims - to start building up savings
    1st £1000 in 100 days - £1178.03 :D 2nd £1053.38/£1000 :D 3rd £863.59/£1000 :o
    :j
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's hard to believe people are happy to have a bin containing adult human faeces hanging around in a bathroom for hours.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • potbelly
    Options
    Only other tip is to put the roll on the holder so the paper pulls from the back. Stops children/pets unrolling a load "accidentally". ;)

Nothing seems to stop my lot from using too much though. :(
    Actually it is less likely to unroll accidentally if it hangs to the front as pulling the paper forces the roll agains the wall, causing friction and preventing unrolling. If its pulled from the back there is no friction and it will unroll freely.
    Second reason for hanging it to the front. You can see the perforations so can pull off the right number of sheets, not an accidental extra sheet.
    But I agree decent quality is a saving. I bought one of the supermarkets budget brand and ended up doubling over the sheets as they were way too thin! Never again.
    Bye for now,
    Paul

What colour is YOUR parachute?
  • Maud_St_Denis
    Options
    Bring back the bidet. Coopers of Gt Stortford used to sell a portable one.
  • JillyN
    Options
    My in-laws used to buy cheap kitchen rolls and cut them in half to use as loo paper! Not sure if they used any less as a result or whether the paper blocked the loo if it was not bio degradable, but it must have saved them money if nothing else!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure