2015 Wedding

Options

Comments

• yellowcrocus
    Options
    I got engaged in May 2010 but have been officially planning our August 2014 wedding since January 2012...just over a year to go now, it soon comes round! We started early so that our guests can save as we are getting married in Italy and hiring a big villa for a week.

I have found that getting a head start means I have been able to plan in a leisurely fashion and enjoy it rather than spending 6 months running around like a headless chicken, which is what my friends who have planned in a year have all seemed to do! As stated by a previous poster though I have changed my mind about everything several times over so I wouldn't advise buying anything until nearer the time.

Good luck everyone! :D
  • redfragglebiker
    Options
    Had to pop in and update - We have found the PERFECT venue for our wedding in 2015!!! They're holding the date for us for a couple of weeks whilst we sort out a few of the details etc but it's within budget and me and future hubby both fell in LOVE with it. SOOOOO excited now I could squeak. We're also off to the jewellers on Sat to confirm our wedding rings (we'd already looked at some and pretty much decided on what we want but they have a sale on wedding rings this weekend and it includes the ones we were looking at.)

It all seems so much more real now we have a venue sorted. (and on our anniversary date too) EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
    Everyone has a dark side... apparently mine is called Harold?!? :huh:
  • redfragglebiker
    Options
    Update no2 - Registrar deposit placed in order to secure the date - I t might be ages away but it;s very real now!
  • redfragglebiker
    Options
    Hiya! Well we've booked the Church!! 20/06/2015. So exactly 2 years from today!! :-D

We got engaged at Christmas but have been together 9 years this year!

We're pretty sure we'll have the village hall for the reception, but it's just everything else to organise! I know I'd like light blue or aquamarine as our colour theme - cheesy I know but the main stone in my engagement ring is an aquamarine! And blue is my favourite colour! My fianc! is a farmer, so thinking well go down the country, floral, cottagey type feel! Eeeeeek, so much to do!

I'm hoping to pay bits off here and there and try and stay to a modest budget.
    Xxx

We're getting married on the same day!!
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    Yay well done on being so organised :)

I've got 8 months to go!

Steph xx
  • dinglefoot
    dinglefoot Posts: 2,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We've managed to take a couple more steps since I last posted at the end of June. We've decided on the 26th June 2015 (7 year anniversary of us meeting). We've decided on a registry office rather than the church we wanted because it's cheaper. Although we're a bit disappointed, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, being married itself is more important than where the marriage took place.
    We're thinking about a village hall and getting some caterers for the reception. We're not sure if to do afternoon tea as then we feel like it'd be too early in the afternoon for the first dance/party or if to have a more expensive hot buffet but it would be evening by then which would be better for having the reception party.
    We've also spoken to my future FIL and he doesn't think it's taking the pee if we get married before we've paid back any of our long-term loan with him. Phew :)
    So now it's time to tell my family about our plans once they come back from their holiday, get saving, start booking and continue thinking! :)
    SPC '21 #075
  • Fuzzy_Duck
    Fuzzy_Duck Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think I'll be able to sort anything out for another year or so- I've tried contacting a few possible venues to get an idea of costs, but they all want details we just don't have yet. So I guess we'll just have to save what we can and go with whatever we can afford nearer the time.

Other than that I know what dress I want, but will obviously have to leave that until nearer the time too.

To be honest I'm only really fussed about getting the venue and catering sorted. Neither of us like traditional weddings so there's a lot of stuff we're not bothering with.
  • emmarbos
    emmarbos Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    I've just booked the venue for 29th May 2015 and the church. We needed a school holiday week and a Friday due to minimum numbers being low.
    I'm looking around for ideas and inspiration of everything else, but not going to book anything more now until next year, when we have the full cost of the wedding sat in the bank.
  • Helpless_Warrior
    Options
    Hey All, I get married on 15 August 2015, exactly 2 years left :).

Booked so far:-

Church
    Reception venue
    Photographer

Now looking at insurance, recommendation appreciated x
  • dinglefoot
    dinglefoot Posts: 2,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm also looking at wedding insurance, so I'd appreciate any recommendations too! :)

Nothing booked so far, but we're going to go and chat to the vicar next week when he's back from his holiday.

Our families have now been told and my Mum is butting in already :( Trying to get me to put people on the invitation list that I have no intention of inviting, mainly because of wanting a small day with just close family and also to keep costs down. She's insisting that we have this and do that, and I just can't believe I'm having to put my foot down already. She doesn't seem to understand that we want to keep costs down as much as possible. For example, a fancy car would be very nice, but it's not a priority - so if we can't afford it, we can't afford it! My OH told my Dad our budget and he just laughed.

Feeling very down today :(
    SPC '21 #075
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family