2015 Wedding

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• skintbuthappy81
    Options
    HEllo all. IS anyone else doing a memory table at their wedding. My Grandma passed away 8 years ago and I want her to be there in some way. There's other members of my family who if they were still living would be there.

How are you commemorating this if you are?

We have decided on doing things that reminds us of all the people we have lost over the years.

A bagpipe player in honour of my scottish grandma

The VW campervan called Basil- which was my grandads name

Favours- donation to alzehimers research in memory of my nanna

Final song of the night- My Way (Frank Sinatra) Grandads fave song

A wheelbarrow at the entrance with flowers in it- OHs Grandad owned an allotment and spent all his time there.

We are also debating on naming our tables in honour of those we have lost. Maybe just their names and a small photograph in the corner.
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • Ruby_Roo
    Ruby_Roo Posts: 314 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tatabubbly wrote: »
    The hotel is concerning me though, I read a few reviews on trip advisor that have been up recently, and while they state the service is very good for weddings, I am alarmed by the posts about the rooms!! Not sure what to do :/

Why don't you ask if you can view some of the rooms? It's a perfectly reasonable request. We were shown them as a matter of course at our venue.
  • Ruby_Roo
    Ruby_Roo Posts: 314 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 October 2014 at 9:24AM
    Options
    alice_kate wrote: »
    New 2015 bride :)

September 19th is tentatively booked... just need to put deposit down and finalise with the church!

What are you paying for e.g. wedding party outfits. I want to ask the wedding party men to just wear a black suit and I will provide buttonhole/matching tie etc? I'm not really a traditionalist so prefer normal suits to typical wedding suits anyway (and there's so many men that it would cost around £1000 to hire suits :O ). Bridesmaids I was thinking that they pay for their own but I would contribute - so say if the dress was £50 I would pay half or something?

Also I'm not fussed about a wedding car - F's dad has a Merc convertable so might ask if he will drive us?

I've got 3 bridesmaids and OH has got his best man and 3 ushers. We're paying for dresses, shoes, cover ups, hair, makeup and flowers for the 3 bridesmaids and suits and buttonholes for the best man, ushers and both our Dads. We want to direct our attendants on what to wear and therefore we have to pay - that's my opinion. Will will be knocking on the door of £1500/£2000 paying for everything, but these are the people we want to be with us on the day so we've got to suck it up - if we'd wanted to cut costs we wouldn't have had bridesmaids or ushers.

If your OH's attendants can wear a suit they've already got and your bridesmaids can pick whatever dress they want that's fair enough, but if you're expecting people to buy something to suit your requirements then I think it's beyond cheeky (especially as you've indicated in another post that you have quite a large budget).

Just my tuppence worth, others will no doubt have different views.
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We finally booked a band last night! Whoop whoop! Slightly nervous as we haven't actually seen them perform but they come on recommendation from a few people and I've seen some YT footage and they seem pretty good. It was really stressing me out as the last band we really wanted proved to be rather "flaky" shall we say which didn't feel me with much hope! One of them is also a DJ so we get that between sets and afterwards till it's time to go which is pretty good I think.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • CinnamonGirl_2
    Options
    @skintbuthappy81 - we're doing something very similar! Neither of us have any living grandparents so all the choices we're making will represent them in some way, so that they're very much part of the day :)
    :starmod: Everything will be ok in the end; if it's not ok, it's not the end :starmod:

A HUGE thank you to all that post competitions
  • Andy_89
    Andy_89 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    Just looked at cashflow. Some items are going to be a stretch, honeymoon (Mar 15) and the to be paid in April. I may have to dip into my contingency fund to pay for everything and replace it when I can.
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    8 weeks to go, where has the time gone?!!!

Finished making the last bridesmaids dress last night (returned bought ones as they weren't quite right and so ended up making our own!), just need to get them tried on now.

Wedding cake (cheesecake) just cooling and ready to go in the freezer.

Table decorations still to finish, also bouquet and buttonholes to assemble still.

Booked my make-up trial for next week, and my hair trial should be in a couple of weeks. Got one of my friends I met through being my hairdresser to do my hair and she is doing at a very reasonable rate.

Booze for the toast bought today too as spotted Martini Prosecco on offer at M's for half price. Sent blokie down in the car to fill the boot up!

Woke up this morning to find he had made me a little bag using left over bridesmaids dress fabric to carry all my bits and bobs on the day :D

Eeeeek!

How is everyone else getting on?
  • Andy_89
    Andy_89 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    katy721 wrote: »
    How is everyone else getting on?

124 days to go, I can't believe how quick it is coming.

Managed to save £1500 in Jan which is fantastic for our cashflow!

Started to deliver the invitations yesterday, got through about 25 of 98 (people keep wanting to chat!)

Two main issues we are having are the table layouts (I mentioned this before) and we are yet to sort the rings.

Other than that 124 days to go and its pretty much perfect, though I have the other half to thank for that.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,322 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    post 260 is spam
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing