2015 Wedding

Options

Comments

• tatabubbly
    tatabubbly Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just back from the first wedding of the year that me and my OH have went to and tbh, it was easy to see where they had skrimped a bit.. It would be okay for a budget wedding but these people invited 300 people!

So lesson learned, quality over quantity!
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    hey ladies!!

Turns out my OH is leaving for a job in the middle east on the 28th! Soooooooooooo....

We're not engaged but we decided we will be getting married on the 4th sept 2015!

We have told our church and venue are holding the date for us, planning on putting the deposit down at the end of the month! :D

We decided on a budget of €50 pp.. in that we will be getting :

Cocktails and savoury canapies on arrival

4 course meal with 3 glasses of wine

Afters including Sandwiches, goujons, sausage rolls and wedges!

Delighted with that package as usually here its a lot!!

We hope to have around 150 people at most..

Had to step up the planning a notch if we are moving abroad, I don't want to be planning a wedding from abroad!
  • Peanut2013
    Peanut2013 Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    tatabubbly: How could you see where they scrimped? I'd love to hear examples so we can all avoid this :)
  • Cherry_Bomb
    Cherry_Bomb Posts: 605 Forumite
    Options
    Another 2015'er here :T

We've decided to get married abroad so March 2015 In the Dominican Republic :j

Price wise were looking at 6k and that's for 4 of us. 2 weeks all inclusive flights + hotel. The wedding package I want including all the legal bits.

Reception will be when we fly home. I've already picked the venue so just waiting for them to get back to me with a price. That part I'm not looking forward to! I've got a feeling it's going to end up costing us more than the 2 weeks abroad!
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Hey Peanut, just the type of wine they used etc.. little things like when we arrived there was nobody to greet us, tea and coffee were served but not even a packet of crisps and all my family were starving!
  • dinglefoot
    dinglefoot Posts: 2,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 June 2013 at 5:45PM
    Options
    Hi! :)

My OH and I are hoping to get married in 2015. We've been engaged almost 3 years, and I'm beginning to feel a little bit impatient now, hard as I try not to be! We'd hoped to get married in 2014, but as we bought a house last year there's no way!
    We're hoping for either 26th June (7 year anniversary of when we met, but it's on a weekday and I'm worried people will think we're being selfish making them take a day of holiday from work) or 12th September (7 year anniversary of when we started dating).

I'm trying to plan a way of saving up £2.5 - 3k by then and I'm not sure how things tend to pan out financially regarding deposits and things, I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice please? We also borrowed 5k from a relative for our house deposit, so I want to be able to pay some of that back to him by then, otherwise I think it'll look as though we're taking the pish a bit? :( If it wasn't for money, we'd have married a long time ago :(

We want quite a small church ceremony, followed by a semi-casual buffet mid-afternoon (to save costs)...still not loads of people, but probably a few more than at the church.

We are also wondering what could be booked from this far in advance and when in the process we should do different things.
    SPC '21 #075
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Well I know here, there are already lots of people who have booked up stuff for 2015.. My friend is a professional photographer who is one of the top 10 in ireland and he is fully booked for may, june and has bookings for the rest of the year as well as my date in september 4th..

Its a long way away but it will fly in.. The longer you have to save as well the better, more little extra treats you can have!
  • Harriets_Mum
    Options
    Hiya! Well we've booked the Church!! 20/06/2015. So exactly 2 years from today!! :-D

We got engaged at Christmas but have been together 9 years this year!

We're pretty sure we'll have the village hall for the reception, but it's just everything else to organise! I know I'd like light blue or aquamarine as our colour theme - cheesy I know but the main stone in my engagement ring is an aquamarine! And blue is my favourite colour! My fianc! is a farmer, so thinking well go down the country, floral, cottagey type feel! Eeeeeek, so much to do!

I'm hoping to pay bits off here and there and try and stay to a modest budget.
    Xxx
    Claimed £1780.33 from Halifax Credit card unfair charges !!:beer:
    Claimed:£164.00,£306.00,£236.00,£1593.51!!£2473.88!!£164.00,586.00,753.00 from Natwest PPI
  • bunny2548
    bunny2548 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys :)

Our wedding is 24th July 2015, we have already been engaged for 3 years so I cannot wait to get married! :)

this is the wedding package were having, (quicker than typing it all out )

http://www.hallgarthdarlington.co.uk/weddingevents.html

So the weddings going to come in at around £7000, I hope it will be less obviously but I will be happy as we have saved our little buts off so far :)

Im also on a weigh loss journey lost 2 and a half stone already another few to go! xx
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    The time will soon fly! I got engaged on Christmas day 2009 I've now got 9 months and 2 weeks to go and the months are just flying so quick now.

Steph x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport