Kids Xmas, Tablet for Kids

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• In_a_mess
    Options
    Hi - don't know what the difference is between these but as someone currently looking at cheap tablets I would be interested to know the answer
  • Lozz
    Lozz Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

I'm afraid I can't answer with any technical info (I wouldn't know how to lol), but my 15 year old twins asked for the Ice Cream Sandwich tablets for their birthday in September and they love them. They do the usual teenager things on them like facebook/twitter/music/gaming etc. and they have had no complaints about them at all.

HTH

Lozz x
  • davo75
    davo75 Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm looking to get two tablets for my daughters and thought about the kids ones, but worried they are a bit too childish for them (daughters aged 7 and 10). Love my iPad but they are not getting one of those.

Have instead been looking at cheaper Android tablets and Argos or Maplin have quite a few that look OK. This one on Maplin is a refurb, but reviews are good and only £99 http://www.maplin.co.uk/viewpad-10e-9.7in-ips-touch-tablet-615474.
    Will update on what I get in the end.
  • pixo
    pixo Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have no real idea about this kind of stuff (might get OH to post as he does)... he has a google nexus 7 and doesn't shut up about how amazing it is. It is fairly user friendly and nowadays you can get all the same app's as you can on the apple store. You can buy it for around £160 - £200 but i'm sure you could get some cheap deal somewhere by looking on hduk
  • davo75
    Options
    I was going to get a tablet from Argos for £99, but just seen this one on Maplin reduced by £30 to £69: http://www.maplin.co.uk/7-inch-arnova-7h-g3-touch-tablet-677849

That means saving £60 on buying two for my daughters :)

Thought I should check some reviews as none on Maplin, so found this one which is really encouraging: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featured/arnova-7-g3-review-android-4-ics-allwinner-a10-7inches-hdmi-front-camera/

There's none in my local store so will have to order online later today.
  • davo75
    Options
    davo75 wrote: »
    I was going to get a tablet from Argos for £99, but just seen this one on Maplin reduced by £30 to £69: http://www.maplin.co.uk/7-inch-arnova-7h-g3-touch-tablet-677849

That means saving £60 on buying two for my daughters :)

Thought I should check some reviews as none on Maplin, so found this one which is really encouraging: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featured/arnova-7-g3-review-android-4-ics-allwinner-a10-7inches-hdmi-front-camera/

There's none in my local store so will have to order online later today.

Just to update I went ahead and ordered these and they arrived within 3 days (free delivery too).

Haven't unpacked them yet, but the tech info on the box seems absloutely fine. Have read a few poor reviews, but then again these are for a 10 and 7 year old so will be fine for that price.
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm giving my daughters (4 and 2) my old iPhone for Xmas (slightly different to an iPad I know).

But when I upgrade them to an iPad (which I'm sure I will at some point in the future), will they be able to play the same games on it as I buy games and it asks for my appleid which will be the same for the iPaid (I'm assuming).

I don't have an iPad, but assumed apps were bought in a similar way to an iPhone - do you have to plug it into your computer like an iPhone?

This question is relevant also to me getting a new iPhone next week? When I plug my new phone into my computer, will I keep all the apps I have on my old iPhone? Am I able to use the apps on both phones?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • redwasp
    redwasp Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are looking at this as well, but decided it was still OK for them to borrow mine for now. We decided to wait a bit until we felt comfortable with them have a cheaper tablet for Christmas; mine are 7 and 5, so I felt it was a little early. But its really what you are comfortable with...if it works for you, and your partner with your income, then that's fin I guess! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure