🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Government to allow Ryanair to continue using unfair premium rate phone numbers

Options

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NFH wrote: »
    One big difference with a web form is that it doesn't create a time-stamped record of the sent message for the customer to retain. Some companies' web forms automatically send an e-mail with the submitted text to the submitted e-mail address, which is good practice, although I don't believe that Ryanair does this.

If being able to come up with new complaints about something was an Olympic discipline you'd surely win a gold medal :)

Since the webform doesn't work according to you I wonder why you believe that they don't send out email receipts.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Options
    I wonder if they'll accept reverse charge calls?
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Why do you repeat the same question that I have already answered?

my apologies - in which post did you reply ?
    Legal team on standby
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No, I am not a prosecuting authority.
    I didn't say you were but from that response you don't understand what 'intigate legal action' means. Not very good for somebody who keeps spouting laws
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    malkie76 wrote: »
    my apologies - in which post did you reply ?
    Post 38. Please don't ask the question again, because your persistent repetition is becoming rather boring, and I won't answer this or a similar question again.
  • malkie76
    Options
    Thanks for that, but sadly you haven't remotely addressed the question posed. I'm assuming your comment "I won't answer this or a similar question again" is clear evidence of your inability to address the point raised.

Why don't *YOU* (ie not a fictitious customer) use another airline or mode of transport ?

If you don't response I can only assume you are conceding my point.
    Legal team on standby
  • NFH
    Options
    Why don't *YOU* (ie not a fictitious customer) use another airline or mode of transport ?
    Because I had already booked and paid to fly on Ryanair. Never again. I normally fly on BA and will continue to do so.
  • malkie76
    Options
    So what the problem ? Vote with your feet.
    Legal team on standby
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So what the problem ? Vote with your feet.

The general impression I get from their incessant whining about Ryanair is that it's a case of "I don't like them so no-one else should be able to use their service".

My philosophy is that if you expect the bare minimum to get you from one place to another, you'll be absolutely fine with them. If you start making assumptions about what you should be paying ("oh I couldn't be bothered to read the warning given during reservation, the warning during online check-in and the warning on 3 emails sent to me and the terms and conditions that I agreed I had read, understood and would be bound by - but this charge is so unfair and all Ryanairs fault...") or expecting flag-carrier service, you will be sorely disappointed and should not fly with them at all.
  • NFH
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    The general impression I get from their incessant whining about Ryanair is that it's a case of "I don't like them so no-one else should be able to use their service".
    Ryanair are singled out in particular for criticism because they are the worst of a bad bunch, with more unfair commercial practices than their competitors.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport