Government to allow Ryanair to continue using unfair premium rate phone numbers

Options

Comments

• NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Only because other airlines works exactly the same, making this an industry issue, not a Ryanair issue.
    They don't. Other airlines provide an e-mail address as an alternative to a telephone number.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NFH wrote: »
    The web form doesn't work; I've tried it.

Works fine for me.
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Works fine for me.

Works for me fine too. This, coupled with NFH's inability to check-in online makes me wonder if they have PC problems - have you ran an anti-virus / malware programme recently ?
    Legal team on standby
  • jpsartre
    Options
    They don't. Other airlines provide an e-mail address as an alternative to a telephone number.

So now your beef is that while Ryanair does offer email support, they do so using a webform rather than a publicised email address? You don't think you're grasping at straws a bit by now?

In any case, plenty of airlines use the webform method of email contact, including BA and easyJet. So again, if there's an issue here it's an industry issue, not a Ryanair issue.
  • NFH
    Options
    So now your beef is that while Ryanair does offer email support, they do so using a webform rather than a publicised email address? You don't think you're grasping at straws a bit by now?
    The web form is unreliable, therefore not offering a viable alternative to a phone call.
    In any case, plenty of airlines use the webform method of email contact, including BA and easyJet. So again, if there's an issue here it's an industry issue, not a Ryanair issue.
    Indeed. That in particular is a wider issue. Even when BA's web form failed once (in that I didn't receive a reply after several months), I phoned them at the basic rate and my complaint was resolved to my satisfaction within minutes. With Ryanair, that would have been impossible.
  • NFH
    Options
    malkie76 wrote: »
    Works for me fine too. This, coupled with NFH's inability to check-in online makes me wonder if they have PC problems - have you ran an anti-virus / malware programme recently ?
    As I have already said, it was a server-generated error, not a client-side error. I have screenshots to prove it, and the same error happened on multiple PCs and browsers.
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    so why don't you use another airline or mode of transport ? it's a free market.
    Legal team on standby
  • jpsartre
    Options
    As I have already said, it was a server-generated error, not a client-side error. I have screenshots to prove it, and the same error happened on multiple PCs and browsers.

As I said, it worked fine for me. Just tried it and it went through first time. Asked them a simple question about luggage allowance, will update if I ever receive an answer :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In any case, a web form doesn't satisfy the obligation to provide an e-mail address under Article 5(1)(c) of Directive 2000/31/EC “Directive on electronic commerce”,
    And you have some evidence that it doesn't meet the obligation other than it is not a clear email address? Or is this just your opinion.

I can't seem to find a clear email address on the easyjet site either but they have a webform too.

You seem to be leaping from legislation to legislation as your arguments get shot down
  • NFH
    Options
    !!!!!! wrote: »
    And you have some evidence that it doesn't meet the obligation other than it is not a clear email address? Or is this just your opinion.
    No, it's not my opinion. Read the wording of the legislation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure