Government to allow Ryanair to continue using unfair premium rate phone numbers

Options
14567810»

Comments

• HelenaHandcart
    Options
    malkie76 wrote: »
    They do offer free online rebooking - I think the OPs issue was that the flights they wanted didn't exist. Phoning a telephone number wouldn't have resolved that issue.

The email apparently offered flights which don't exist (but which the OP would have booked had they been available). Resolving that problem required some kind of discussion with the airline - that could have been by phone, email or webchat. The main point is that the problem (cancelled flights) was not caused by the OP but by the airline but to engage in discussion the OP needed to pay premium rate phone charges.
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    or as you point out via the free webemail system......
    Legal team on standby
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't think so actually. I tried asking two random questions through the email system and both times I got emailed a link to the relevant part of the terms and conditions almost immediately. I don't think anyone actually reads and answers the emails, I think it's just an automated system directing people to the terms.
  • Mark_Xa
    Mark_Xa Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    I have no real problem with Ryanair (I use them a lot), but you have to remember a couple of things. Firstly, they are not nearly as cheap as they used to be - they never used to charge for suitcases, credit cards or airport check in and they used to allow 20kg of baggage. Secondly, you simply cannot always 'use another airline' since Ryanair is often the only airline on the particular route you need to travel.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 August 2012 at 1:35PM
    Options
    Mark_Xa wrote: »
    Secondly, you simply cannot always 'use another airline' since Ryanair is often the only airline on the particular route you need to travel.

Flying isn't a right though. If you insist on flying to a destination where Ryanair is the only non-stop operator that's a choice you make. You can choose not go, fly with a connection or find alternative methods of transportation. I don't believe Ryanair flies anywhere that cannot be reached through other means.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Flying isn't a right though. If you insist on flying to a destination where Ryanair is the only non-stop operator that's a choice you make. You can choose not go, fly with a connection or find alternative methods of transportation. I don't believe Ryanair flies anywhere that cannot be reached through other means.

Eventually :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport