Options

Comments

• moon777
    moon777 Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Just checked my email ;

Dear Mr me,

Thank you for your recent email. I have within the last 24 hours, received a new update from the Broadband team.

The team are now able to honour your existing free Broadband plan, to the end of your mobile agreement - 28 January 2014. At this point the deal will expire in full and you will be free to seek alternative options moving forward. Also due to the inconvenience that has been caused and the length of time involved, I personally would like to add a credit for £100.00 to your mobile phone account.

I sincerely apologise that I was unable to offer this before today, unfortunately the option was not available to myself or the Broadband team until now. Please let me know if you would like to accept this offer and I will ensure that the above actions are completed.

Thank you for your ongoing cooperation.

Yours sincerely

Jamie C
    Executive Office
    wow! result!

Free BB for length of mobile upgrade contract honored. Fair enough, disaster took so many weeks.

And those that want nothing to do with EE after this - move your BB quick before you get a email letter - then surely they would have to release you from mobile contract penalty free! Those that have moved BB already should now be able to get out penalty free as well?
  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Just checked, 32 emails & 2 recorded post letters, started 21st August so 8 weeks and a day !

Responded to orange email saying NO! I don`t think a £100 credit is enough in view of this.

Awaiting response ( and trying to watch footie ).

Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • moon777
    moon777 Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Just checked, 32 emails & 2 recorded post letters, started 21st August so 8 weeks and a day !

Responded to orange email saying NO! I don`t think a £100 credit is enough in view of this.

Awaiting response ( and trying to watch footie ).

Nobby.

Quite right - wait until they get compensation claims from the people who have moved BB etc - i think they should pay for mine now:cool:
  • nickbirkin
    Options
    Well Done Nobby!!!

Here's to the homebrew Perry Masons!!!
    :beer:
  • Eva49
    Eva49 Posts: 554 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2012 at 5:46PM
    Options
    Congrats Nobby!!!! :beer:

But as fitz says a total mess!
  • Woodlandman
    Woodlandman Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2012 at 6:18PM
    Options
    A big well done to nobby
  • The_Future_is_Bright
    Options
    Just joined!!! I want to thank each and every one of you in getting this amazing result. I have never in my life complained, this was a first for me contacting Ofcom, Citazins Advice, Facebook, and Orange helpers and I am so glad I did. Had it not been for all you lovely people out there giving us the details to follow through.

A massive hug to NOBBY and well done.

I hope I can now enjoy free broadband for the next two years courtesy of all you HELPFUL people for pulling together.:T

THE FUTURE's orange
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I said all alone Orange had no legal stance....BOTH contracts are implicit of each other & they knew it, chanced it & upset alot of long term customers.

Orange should have done this in first place, end of mobile contract, end of FREE broadband, DAMAGE is done countless of people will be claiming the right to cancel mobiles who have MAC'ed out to other ISP's.

Nobby is the first of more than a few !

£100 is fair, but the CEO should make a public apology for doing what he did to loyal Orange customers & compensate those fighting for their right or already left. VULGAR way to behave.....

A communications company ? This whole senario is as bad as what 3 "customer care" was back in the early 2000's.

You just cant get the staff these days....that now applies to CEO's, think Barclays, TalkTalk, Vodafone, RBS & now Orange !

pppfffttttt.....
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • canmore_boy
    Options
    I'm glad that through MSE we have made progress. I came into all this later than some - I only got my withdrawal of free broadband letter a couple of weeks ago and I found the advice invaluable.

I followed the guidance on this Forum and registered my disgust at the way Orange has treated its loyal customers. I'm still waiting on replies from OFCOM to further complaints I've made and from my MP who I have also got involved in this issue.

I think we have made progress but I don't think we have won everything we set out to achieve. It is clear that some have already committed to higher line rental charges by accepting Orange's "Special Offer" when it now appears they could have stayed on their current contract arrangements until their mobile contract expired. There are others, like myself and Eva49, who were not prepared to accept the Orange Offer and have moved their broadband elsewhere.

I think we need to continue to stick together and continue the fight for appropriate compensation depending on our circumstances. It would be good if Martin and the MSE team could add their support. (I would have thought Martin would be proud of the achievements of many on this Forum). I note that Nobby 1963 has not accepted the £100 he was offered and I wish him well in his quest to get more.

Anybody got any thoughts what would be an appropriate level of compensation.
  • watchdog
    watchdog Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    This MSE 'Orange Free Broadband' forum has proved the old adage that a group is always far stronger than the sum of its parts. Well done to all those who have 'hung in' and secured a stay of execution, at least until expiry of their mobile contracts.

In truth though, there are no winners here. Orange's 'free for life' broadband customers will still be harangued for their landline, and, if they do not succumb to this corporate bullying, then they will, be it sooner or be it later, have to find another broadband provider. As for Orange, well what a PR disaster they are ! If I live to be 100 I will always associate them with this debacle, and I will always associate Orange with Everything Everywhere - so forget any clever re-branding Mr Orange, the damage is done, and it will not work.

As for myself, I am in the throes of migrating to another broadband provider. We have 3 Orange mobiles in the household and, yes, I could negotiate an extension of the Orange free bb, and doubtless obtain some free mobile minutes in compensation, although I wont on principle ! Hell would freeze over first.

Orange have put me through the wringer over this, and their moral standing in my eyes is now lower than a pregnant snake's belly. Why would I possibly want to stay with a company that treats me in this way ? It is akin to being picked on by the school's biggest bully, who wants to pinch your dinner money - then, you get the upper hand in a scrap, and give the brute a bloody nose. He then cries "OK, OK, let's call it a draw". No, I am more than happy to be leaving, and Orange (once the family mobiles fall for renewal) will not get another bent farthing off me.

I just hope the message has got through to the Board of 'Everything Everywhere'. As for the pretentiously named Executive Team (or, was it the Super Executive Team ?), well, come on folks, who isn't an executive in 2012 ? Even Orange's humble office tea boy or girl, is probably called the HR Refreshments Executive - it's a mad, mad World !

Grateful thanks to all who assisted me with my deliberations, especially Eva49 and NickBirkin. Much faith in the collective good in human nature has been restored, and my pejorative view of predatory corporate muggers remains undiminished.

Cheerio all - good luck with your individual cases. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport