Orange 'Free' Broadband

Options

Comments

• nobby1963
    Options
    Hi Vdubster,

If you have already moved your BB & mobile I presume you are just looking for confirmation from Orange that you will not have any termination charges ? You were still in contract ?

Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • Benno1uk
    Options
    Eva49 wrote: »
    Orange cut my BB this afternoon! My new service will is scheduled to start tomorrow will be back when I can grrrrrrr:mad::mad:

You are back though... Otherwise you couldn't have posted?
  • moon777
    moon777 Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Vdubster wrote: »
    Quick update from me.
    • Sent email to OFCOM on: 16th September / got reply and ref no on the 17th
    • Sent my letter of compliant via post to Orange on the 19th Sep (Giving Orange 28days to reply)
    • Called the Exec office on the 24th & 25th
    • Emailed Exec office on the 26/27 & 28th (Didn't get a reply on the first 2)
    • Since then i've posted on Facebook/Twitter and been told i would get a phone call, to date i have not.
    • My Broadband and now Phone have now both been moved to Plusnet

Getting to the point where if Orange do not contact me i will be looking at small claims route. I will be reducing my monthly cost asap.

Any advice for other next steps to take?

Thanks

James
    A pre court notification giving say 10 days notice that you will go to small claims court. Then ring exec with a few days left and see if a deal can be done - one route
  • moon777
    Options
    Benno1uk wrote: »
    Posted via mobile, or a friends pc perhaps
  • moon777
    Options
    montage wrote: »

Odd... i thought the transition was supposed to be more or less seamless hence the requirement and usage of MAC codes.

It is meant to be - mine was. So either the 16th was Eva49's BB cut of date and they followed through - or they are playing games with Eva49
  • Vdubster
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Hi Vdubster,

If you have already moved your BB & mobile I presume you are just looking for confirmation from Orange that you will not have any termination charges ? You were still in contract ?

Nobby.

Sorry should of been clearer, Home phone and BB has been moved to Plusnet.

Still have 13months left on mobile contract to can't even reduce my bill until next month.

I want out of my contract and i have been mis-sold it, i see this as no different to been mis-sold PPI and i got that back :)

J
  • nobby1963
    Options
    Agreed - no difference ( or should not be ).
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • Eva49
    Eva49 Posts: 554 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2012 at 1:09PM
    Options
    Benno1uk wrote: »

I posted via my mobile ;)

However, back online now :beer:
  • redandwhitewizard
    Options
    Several people posted about their BB speeds being reduced. Having had the same issue after moving house it took quite a while to sort out between Orange & BT for my BT landline.
    Eventually after many calls with both parties it transpired that the issue was with Orange who had taken over the responsility for the speed management after BT had enabled the line change.
    Orange had not made the final configuration so my line was being throttled and wasn't much better than an old dial-up when working. Once done, the speed improved but due to the fact I am now further from the same exchange it is only about 60% of what I had before the move.

As with others I had to go through all the usual rubbish with the overseas team about checking the line before I finally got hold of someone in the UK and identified the issues without any checks.

So if it throttling happens I am 99% sure that is down to Orange, if everything else remains unchanged.
  • jakis
    Options
    I've just signed up for Orange home phone £14 month, £11.50 month for first 3 months. Have to keep my livebox.
    Had free BB since August 2006 with mobile phone. Was supposed to be 2GB allowance but seemingly I've been using hundreds of Gbs a month! I have unlimited landline calls on my mobile so no need for me to use home phone, however I did ask the question - are 0800 nos free? Answer was Yes! Question - is there a connection charge though as I've read somewhere there is 12.5p connection charge? Answer - I'll just check - came back and said No there is no connection charge for 0800 numbers. I would have been furious if I had just signed up to a new mobile contract thinking I was getting free broadband for life, but I am out of contract with my mobile. I still have the Orange August 2006 Brochure 'Products & Prices' from when I first signed up, and it says 'For the Life of the Contract', which I think must mean 18 months I signed for! However, every time I upgraded my phone I was told by the person in the Orange shop that I would have free broadband as long as I had an Orange phone. Seemingly the Broadband value at that time was £17.99 a month. I have done a lot of checking as I am a bit of an obsessive, and I reckon that the Orange BB is a pretty good deal (for my needs) all things considered. Thanks once again.:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure