Options

Comments

• montage
    montage Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Just checked my email ;

Dear Mr me,

Thank you for your recent email. I have within the last 24 hours, received a new update from the Broadband team.

The team are now able to honour your existing free Broadband plan, to the end of your mobile agreement - 28 January 2014. At this point the deal will expire in full and you will be free to seek alternative options moving forward. Also due to the inconvenience that has been caused and the length of time involved, I personally would like to add a credit for £100.00 to your mobile phone account.

I sincerely apologise that I was unable to offer this before today, unfortunately the option was not available to myself or the Broadband team until now. Please let me know if you would like to accept this offer and I will ensure that the above actions are completed.

Thank you for your ongoing cooperation.

Yours sincerely

Jamie C
    Executive Office

Spoke to the broadband team earlier and they said this is not the case and is untrue.... What a bunch of liars!
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I wonder how this affects us on the £5.11 broadband deal. I received an email on 8th Oct to say that my T+C were changing in 30 days, but the link showed the old T+C. I have not contacted them yet, as I know that they would want me to sign up to their landline.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 October 2012 at 8:50PM
    Options
    ioscorpio wrote: »
    So I wonder how this affects us on the £5.11 broadband deal. I received an email on 8th Oct to say that my T+C were changing in 30 days, but the link showed the old T+C. I have not contacted them yet, as I know that they would want me to sign up to their landline.

Well did you download them ? Because thats your new T&C ;)

Same same from Orange then, hopelessness -you got to have pity for the workers, if EE treat customers like this what do you think non-executive staff are treated like !

EDIT: iscorpio, its the "general" T&C that have changed, not the £5 broadband unlimited terms (which I assume you referenced in the free broadband T&C ?)....again Orange as clear as a brick wall !

New T&C: http://web.orange.co.uk/documents/ice/termsandconditions/ee_home_network_terms_081012.pdf

I have not gone through all the NEW general T&C but they jumped the boat really with all the refrences to EE which officially launches on 31 Oct, but document is dated 1 Oct (rollseyes) for example:

"If You would prefer the terms and conditions in large print, on disk, or in braille, please call our customer services team for free on 0844 873 8586 from your EE Phone Service."

Well how do I call EE from my EE phone service when I have a Orange phone ?

Talk about confusing your customer base....
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    montage wrote: »

Spoke to the broadband team earlier and they said this is not the case and is untrue.... What a bunch of liars!

Hi Montage,

I can assure you and all the others here this is no lie.

Firstly, thankyou to the others here for their congratulations.

I can only hope and assume that this will `filter through` to all. I do not for one minute think I am a special case. I guess that I have been dealing with a `senior` ish guy in the exec office as I initially sent an email to the manager of the exec office who had - eventually - dealt with me over the price rise `in contract` earlier this year. She clearly was not prepared to deal with me over this issue though.

I have absolutely no loyalty to Orange whatsoever as a result of this and if need be I will happily `publish` on this forum all my email / postal correspondance with them over this - full names as well. If needs be in the hope this will help others here in the same situation.

canmore boy; post #1676 on page 84 has posted that this was possibly going to happen after being given information from an `inside` source. I hope that this will prove to be the case and therfore it would follow that I am just one of the first of many.

Lets just give it another day and see what happens tomorrow, I hope others will also have contact and good news from Orange.

As for free broadband for life, well I need to sleep on that but it has not gone from my mind - Orange are not doing us a favour here they are just honouring there contract, we must not forget that.

Anyone who has made other arrangements already, I think that Orange need to at least release you from your mobile contracts if that is what you want or give you a solution that will at least compensate you for what you thought was your only way out of a `no win ` situation. If not give you a way to reverse your actions ( if that makes sense ).

I will keep you all informed of my negotiations and will watch the forum to see what happens and to see how I can help others.

Good Luck

Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 October 2012 at 9:29PM
    Options
    Shocking!!! the new T&C....

http://web.orange.co.uk/documents/ice/termsandconditions/ee_home_network_terms_081012.pdf

"1. Our Network[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]. You can use Our Network to make and receive calls and use the internet through Our Broadband Services. If You have fibre Broadband Services, you can access the internet at even faster speeds. We will try to provide a high-quality Network to You at all times. However, We cannot guarantee that We will always be able to provide the Services. You should check whether you live in a Service Availability Area on Our website." [/FONT][/FONT]

What is the "Service Availibilty Area" ? And nope there is nowhere on the website to explain or check....

DOH!

"3. Upgrades and Renewals[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]. We want Our customers to stay with Us, but we don’t have to provide You with an Upgrade or Renewal."[/FONT][/FONT]

Cheeky barstewards !!!

Welcome to the VP of France Telecom taking over Orange UK^^

EDIT: Indeed we have a monkey at the highest level of EE admin (no wonder we have Orange broadband issues!)...

"7. Billing[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]. We will make a bill available to You each month. This will be provided you to electronically. Youw ill need to pay it by the date set out on it to ensure continued access to the Service. "[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]"YOU WILL" need to get a grip of yourself & senior staff Olaf.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Jesus, they cant even proof read documents before releasing them to the public....[/FONT][/FONT]

"10. Your Information[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]. You and anyone who you buy the Equipment for agree that We, our Group Companies and our carefully selected business partners can use information about You including information about Your use of Our Network and Services and related products."[/FONT][/FONT]

One small problem Olaf, you cant just pass on customer details externally without consent, its called Data Protection Act...WE CUSTOMERS must be able to opt in or out of such practice under UK legislation.

C'est idiot !!

"2. Our Agreement

[FONT=Arial,Arial]2.1. This Agreement starts on the Start Date, at which point We will have accepted Your request for the Services, which will be after: [/FONT]

2.1.1. You pass any credit check;"

Start date from when ? when EE starts (31/1012) ?

Any agreement must have its dates defined, "start date" does not define anything in legal issues.

Do we current customers given point 2.1 now all need to pass a credit check on 31/10/12 ?

Very poorly constructed.....

"2.2. Your Transmission Speed will be affected by (but not limited to) the following: the operational and technical characteristics of Your Line and Your distance from the exchange; Your Address location; any change You make or deterioration in the Equipment; whether You have fibre Broadband Services; the time of day at which You use the internet; and Our traffic management policies which can be found on Our website (see also point 4.4 and 4.5)."

Orange broadband traffic policies ? Never has been a full one available in any format to customers, definate its still not on your "website" (if ever it will be).

"3. Installation[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]3.1. To receive the Services the Address needs to within the Service Availability Area. If the Address is outside the Service Availability Area we may still provide the Services through a wholesale partner for a Charge. Please see the Price Guide.[/FONT]"
    [/FONT]

BT is your wholesale partner for ALL broadband connections, so how can anyone be expected to pay a charge ? Unless Virgin is your Wholesale partner for EE Fibre ? If not BT charge less for non Fibre to you but you would expect EE/Orange broadband customers to pay more for what you recieve for less at BT wholesale cost......hhhmmmmm.....yes that sounds a good deal for us customers.

NOT in the price guides on website either !!!

"3.9. We will deliver the Equipment to Your Address. Once You get the Equipment, You own the Equipment and it is Your responsibility."

Ah so FREE brightboxes "valued" at £95 we own, so when they go faulty WE eill be expected to PAY for replacements to use our service, OH I'm sure we all agree thats a bargain !!!

SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • canmore_boy
    Options
    Hi Montage,

canmore boy; post #1676 on page 84 has posted that this was possibly going to happen after being given information from an `inside` source. I hope that this will prove to be the case and therfore it would follow that I am just one of the first of many.

My "inside" information is that Orange have told OFCOM that this is the offer they will make to everyone who has a genuine claim. I received an e-mail from my source this morning setting out the terms of the offer Orange would be making to customers (My version did not include the £100 compensation they have offered Nobby1963) and that is what I posted at #1676 earlier. As you will see it is broadly in line with the text of the e-mail sent to Nobby 1963. My understanding is that this is the deal which will be available to all.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.
  • Paully232000
    Paully232000 Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2012 at 9:37PM
    Options
    Just checked my email ;

Dear Mr me,

Thank you for your recent email. I have within the last 24 hours, received a new update from the Broadband team.

The team are now able to honour your existing free Broadband plan, to the end of your mobile agreement - 28 January 2014. At this point the deal will expire in full and you will be free to seek alternative options moving forward. Also due to the inconvenience that has been caused and the length of time involved, I personally would like to add a credit for £100.00 to your mobile phone account.

I sincerely apologise that I was unable to offer this before today, unfortunately the option was not available to myself or the Broadband team until now. Please let me know if you would like to accept this offer and I will ensure that the above actions are completed.

Thank you for your ongoing cooperation.

Yours sincerely

Jamie C
    Executive Office

Well done from me as well. I am up to the point where i have emailed the customer services team via facebook, spoken to ofcom, emailed orange CS and the exec team (who replied within 12 hours), and followed this email up with a fax of my complaint to cs.
    Lets hope that i, and others get the same outcome. To be fair I wouldnt be to bothered about the extra £100, just want the free broadband until the end of my contract. Although extra money for the inconvenience i wont say no to.:)
  • SuperAllyB
    Options
    Well done Nobby, and good luck everyone else.

I have never explicitly asked about the continuation of free broadband as I normally upgrade online, but considering I upgraded for the 3rd time in June and it had always continued before, was it unreasonable for me to assume that it would have continued?

Like many others, I would have either went with another provider or at the very least a cheaper contract had it not been for the incentive of free broadband.

I am going to begin the e-mailling, lettering process anyway, just wondered if folk thought it was worth my while.
  • Paully232000
    Paully232000 Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    BUMP again as such a great post :)
    Eva49 wrote: »
    For anyone new here viewing this forum; much information has been ‘lost’ within the length of the thread I thought it prudent to collate a post outlining procedure for addressing this issue; Miss-sold mobile contracts

1) Phone Ofcom Tel: 0300 123 3333 or 020 7981 3040 http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact-us ; outline your case and ask for a case number.

2) Phone Orange Executive Office: 0800 0790 134
    Quoting Ofcom case no. and note the name of the person you speak to. Under Ofcom rules they have 48 hours to respond.

3) Put your complaint in writing following http://www1.orange.co.uk/documents/about/Orange-complaints-code-20120322.pdf

FAO name of the person you spoke to…..They have a 8 week window in which to resolve before it can be advanced to CISAS……..note: this case cannot be advanced to arbitration (CISAS) as it is deemed a ‘business decision’.
    Then email to [EMAIL="executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com"]executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com[/EMAIL]

4) Report the case to Citizens Advice Bureaux (CAB) 08454 04 05 06 and ask for it to be reported to trading standards
    http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/phones_tv_internet_and_computers_index_e/consumer_problems_with_contracts_packages_and_offers_e/product_or_service_has_been_mis_sold_to_you_tv_phones_and_internet.htm

5) The next step would be to take your claim to the small claims court.
    Issue a Notice of Pre-Court Action and email FAO (Name of Contact) [EMAIL="executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com"]executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com[/EMAIL] back that up with a hard copy and send by recorded delivery to Head Office:

Company Reg No: 2178917

Company Secretary
    Orange Personal Communications Ltd.,
    Hatfield Business Park
    Hatfield
    Hertfordshire
    AL10 9BW

OR

Company Reg No 02382161

Company Secretary
    EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE LIMITED
    HATFIELD BUSINESS PARK
    HATFIELD
    HERTFORDSHIRE
    AL10 9BW

6) Link to register online application

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Finally, contact BBC Watchdog and any media available.

Good Luck to all :) Apologies for the length!

[FONT=&quot]Orange retained their Mobile Contract Customers by offering ‘Free BB for Life’ as an inducement to renew their Mobile Contract for a minimum term, and most of us relied upon that representation that Orange would not remove this incentive, certainly, it was not foreseeable at the time of renewal this would be to our detriment some time into a new contract.
    Customers are now under duress to accept the current offer which is a substantial variation in terms, and has to be acceptable

[/FONT]
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 October 2012 at 9:48PM
    Options
    AAAAAHHHHH HA HA HA....

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/terms#toufobas

"terms of use for broadband starter and broadband unlimited

The services that we provide consist of (a) an internet access service using broadband technology; and (b) Internet-based services, for example email facilities including POP email and webmail interface, personal web space, access to the World Wide Web and other services and applications (together such services are known as the "Broadband Starter").
    You will need to remain Eligible to receive Broadband Starter for free. If you cease to be Eligible at any time, we may either terminate Broadband Starter or start charging for that service and the equipment provided. See the offer terms here.
    We can offer you an enhanced service known as "Broadband Unlimited" as an alternative to Broadband Starter. Broadband Unlimited allows you to benefit from an increased download limit, obtain faster access (where technically practical) and to make and receive telephone calls over the Internet (this last element is called the "Talk Service"). In order to access and use Broadband Unlimited we will provide you with a Livebox.
    Broadband Starter and Broadband Unlimited will be provided to you by Orange Home
    1. start-up

1.1 Registering with Broadband gives you the ability, subject to paragraph 7.4, using a computer and the Modem (or a Livebox if you subscribe to Broadband Unlimited), to access the Internet at the Transmission Speed on an "always-on" basis.
    1.2 Before we can be sure that we can provide you with Broadband and before the Agreements commence we must:
    1.2.1 check that you are in an area where you can receive Broadband;
    1.2.2 obtain a satisfactory credit reference;
    1.2.3 perform a satisfactory telephone line test; and
    1.2.4 successfully activate Broadband.
    1.3 If we are able to provide Broadband to your Home the Agreements will commence on the Start Date (as defined in paragraph 20). We reserve the right to introduce a connection fee payable by customers that sign-up after the introduction of that fee. If we are not able to provide you with Broadband because, in our opinion, the conditions in paragraph 1.2 are not satisfied then:
    1.3.1 we will notify you as soon as possible; and
    1.3.2 you will return the Equipment to us within 30 days, failing which we reserve the right to charge you for the Equipment you have not returned unless actual proof of postage can be provided to our reasonable satisfaction.
    1.3.3 When Broadband Starter is activated you must ensure that the Modem (or the Livebox if you subscribe to Broadband Unlimited) or other modem/router that you provide (of appropriate specification) is connected to your computer and to your telephone line to use the broadband connection. Failure to do so will mean that you are unable to access the Internet.
    1.4 Before you install the software supplied with the Equipment and before you connect the Equipment to your computer, you should back up or save any data on your computer. Activation of Broadband may result in a temporary loss of service over your analogue BT line.
    2. broadband starter

2.1 We will provide you with Broadband using reasonable skill and care and in accordance with the provisions of the Broadband Starter Agreement.
    2.2 In order to receive Broadband Starter for free you must continue to be Eligible. If you cease to be Eligible at any time and for any reason, we may either terminate Broadband Starter or start charging for the equivalent service at the price set out in the Price List. You agree to receive Broadband Starter for the Minimum Period.
    2.3 You are allowed to use Broadband Starter to access the Internet and download and/or upload data up to your monthly Usage Allowance. Use of Broadband Starter above the Usage Allowance may adversely affect our network and Broadband Starter to other customers. We seek to ensure fair usage of Broadband Starter for all our customers you must therefore comply with our Fair Use Policy.
    2.4 In the event that you exceed your monthly Usage Allowance we may at our discretion suspend Broadband Starter. If your usage continues to exceed your Usage Allowance in one month, we may at our discretion make a charge for additional usage above your Usage Allowance; or terminate Broadband Starter.
    2.5 In the event that your telephone account with BT is terminated or you change the services on the telephone line on which you currently use Broadband, so that Broadband is unable to operate normally, we may terminate the Services.
    3. broadband unlimited

*****3.1 You may subscribe for Broadband Unlimited at any time. If you are an existing Broadband Starter subscriber and you sign-up for Broadband Unlimited, your Broadband Starter Agreement shall terminate automatically once we activate your Broadband Unlimited. You may be required to commit to a Minimum Period from the date you subscribe to Broadband Unlimited.*****

So FREE customers on the original "BROADBAND STARTER" can go to £5.11 broadband "AT ANY TIME"

Primus £7.49 line rental & Orange Livebox :D

http://web.orange.co.uk/documents/ice/termsandconditions/terms.pdf
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure