Orange 'Free' Broadband

Options

Comments

• ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 October 2012 at 10:16PM
    Options
    Would they not say that Broadband Unlimited was no longer available as an upgrade, but that you could have selected it at the time of starting the contract.

It says "We can offer you an enhanced service known as "Broadband Unlimited" It does not say "We will"

The Talk Service is no longer available unless you are already using the service. From what others have said the Starter BB was not restricted to the 2GB limit, so you would not gain anything.
  • nobby1963
    Options
    My "inside" information is that Orange have told OFCOM that this is the offer they will make to everyone who has a genuine claim. I received an e-mail from my source this morning setting out the terms of the offer Orange would be making to customers (My version did not include the £100 compensation they have offered Nobby1963) and that is what I posted at #1676 earlier. As you will see it is broadly in line with the text of the e-mail sent to Nobby 1963. My understanding is that this is the deal which will be available to all.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Hi canmore boy,
    I did not mean to give the impression that your source was within Orange. I should not have used the term `inside` so I am sorry for that if it caused you any offence. You went out of your way to point out it was not an Orange worker and I assumed that others would also have seen that.

Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • Pisces11
    Options
    Hi all
    I have been having this argument with Orange on the phone for a few weeks but I only just found this forum!

Am I too late to follow the procedure that nobby did?? Or is this going to be the outcome for all customers?

I could transfer my line rental but I don't see why I should as I signed up for this contract until January 2014 because it included broadband!! I am furious I cannot speak to anyone in Orange without ranting. Also, what also made me more angry is they texted me about home broadband and I thought it was to tell me that they had made a error in withdrawing it but they just tried to sell me it again even though I had already told them there was no way on this earth that I would sign up for that as I felt I have been missold something !!!!
  • canmore_boy
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Hi canmore boy,
    I did not mean to give the impression that your source was within Orange. I should not have used the term `inside` so I am sorry for that if it caused you any offence. You went out of your way to point out it was not an Orange worker and I assumed that others would also have seen that.

Nobby.

No problem, Nobby.

I've been nervous ever since I posted details this afternoon as I knew I had got information early but I wanted to share it with those on this site who have provided really helpful advice.

I'm glad that you were able to confirm my information as accurate as I suspect I might have spent tonight having to justify what I always intended to be a helpful post earlier in the day.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 October 2012 at 11:56PM
    Options
    ioscorpio wrote: »
    Would they not say that Broadband Unlimited was no longer available as an upgrade, but that you could have selected it at the time of starting the contract.

It says "We can offer you an enhanced service known as "Broadband Unlimited" It does not say "We will"

The Talk Service is no longer available unless you are already using the service. From what others have said the Starter BB was not restricted to the 2GB limit, so you would not gain anything.

But you would gain £5.11 broadband with line rental where you want it, the terms state second line is included & BT line rental is required (you can transfer it after Orange Broadbans was activated to Primus etc these days but the Orange broadband remains).

It does not matter if Orange no longer offer it to new customers, terms state *YOU CAN* upgrade to Broadband Unlimited *AT ANY TIME* & *may* start a new minimum term, if they refuse then that is a breach of the terms, you can enforce them via law.

Orange UK has had a terrible decade from the sheer delight it was, you can see it in all the holes in T&C.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • Eva49
    Eva49 Posts: 554 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2012 at 11:08AM
    Options
    I have been unable to post this prior to today, as like Orange T&C's, I needed to dot the" I's" and cross the "T's".
    Yesterday I finalized my Orange account
    Today I completed the process of transferring my BB services.

Having reached resolution with Orange, subsequent to issuing my Notice of Pre-Court Action, I was released penalty free from my contract.
    I must emphasize this was NOT my 1st choice.
    What I asked for, was in fact reinstatement of my free BB for the length of my contract (albeit I had free BB for Life)

However, due to the Great Orange Turnaround, after having reached resolution with Orange 2 weeks ago, It leaves me with a very bitter/sweet taste in my mouth albeit more cash in my pocket each month!

Plusnet £9.49 includes evening & weekend calls line rental paid upfront for 12 months
    Plusnet BB £5.74 a month 12 month half price contract 60GB - Unlimited downloads 12 midnight - 8am

Previously £14.60 per month BT evening & weekend calls + Free BB

Virgin Mobile £12.00 per month = 1200minutes + Unlim texts + 1GB (Sim only) 30 day rolling contract

Previously £39 per month Orange Panther 41

I am rendered totally speechless by the 'Ostrich Syndrome' the higher management adopted to their approach!
    Leaving the front line staff to take all the grief whilst those in their Ivory Towers sit smugly pondering their next move!
    Seven and a half weeks of grief and lies and now a total back-down

Loyalty means nothing! Customer since mid 90's

Good Luck to all and in particular the "Home Brew Perry Masons" on the forum :beer:

Never again will I enter into a Mobile Contract.
  • Jamieupanddown
    Options
    Just phoned executive office and got through to out of hours team, was told that the executive office are dealing with my case now and to ring them in the morning??? I've not given the executive office my mobile number or landline number so it does indeed look like they are reviewing SOMETHING?
    I will ring in morning and perhaps they are having a change of heart, fingers crossed
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 18 October 2012 at 12:03AM
    Options
    Eva49 wrote: »
    I have been unable to post this prior to today, as like Orange T&C's, I needed to dot the" I's" and cross the "T's".
    Yesterday I finalized my Orange account
    Today I completed the process of transferring my BB services.

Having reached resolution with Orange, subsequent to issuing my Notice of Pre-Court Action, I was released penalty free from my contract.
    I must emphasize this was NOT my 1st choice.
    What I asked for, was in fact reinstatement of my free BB for the length of my contract (albeit I had free BB for Life)

However, due to the Great Orange Turnaround, after having reached resolution with Orange 2 weeks ago, It leaves me with a very bitter/sweet taste in my mouth albeit more cash in my pocket each month!

Plusnet £9.49 includes evening & weekend calls line rental paid upfront for 12 months
    Plusnet BB £5.74 a month 12 month half price contract

Previously £14.60 per month BT evening & weekend calls + Free BB

Virgin Mobile £12.00 per month = 1200minutes + Unlim texts + 1GB (Sim only) 30 day rolling contract

Previously £39 per month Orange Panther 41

I am rendered totally speechless by the 'Ostrich Syndrome' the higher management adopted to their approach!
    Leaving the front line staff to take all the grief whilst those in their Ivory Towers sit smugly pondering their next move!
    Seven and a half weeks of grief and lies and now a total back-down

Loyalty means nothing! Customer since mid 90's

Good Luck to all and in particular the "Home Brew Perry Masons" on the forum :beer:

Never again will I enter into a Mobile Contract.

I agree with you EVA, its shocking.

As I said to all, sending notice of intention of court action Orange would back down - they knew what they were doing chancing it and lying to customers the two contracts were not connected, they wanted to stop losing money on broadband but wanted your mobile income at the same time.

Very bittersweet for you EVA given what you asked for & Nobby got.

I can see a consumer who will stay away from whatever company EE becomes or brands as "for life", well at least one of the two parties understands what "for life" means Eva.

At the end of the day the easy way for Orange to get you all off FREE broadband while in "connected" mobile contracts was to enforce the T&C of the 2GB limit on FREE broadband they never did no court would have ruled in customers favours when Orange decided to enforce that term they neglected to previously, it would have been considered at free "treat" Orange via T&C could remove as it was never officially included.

People would have left in droves as 2GB is nothing!!! customers then would have had been stuck in mobile contracts as the customer left broadband of their own accord, Orange/EE saved money - instead we have the a$$ that Orange made of it and now backtracked....

And simply thats how much of a a$$ Orange senior management & legal team made....they could not even use thier own T&C staring them in their face to realise they could force people off FREE broadband by enforcing the T&C of 2GB traffic with the option to leave broadband or pay for "GB" bundles....to break even on the product. Really beggers belief how they have handled the whole situation.

I told Tom Alexander what needed to change, little did. Seems I was better placed to run Orange/EE than he or Olaf was.

I have only now posted the above info of how Orange could have won via their T&C as Nobby has said they will share all info's with us if needs be, thus the fact I have now pointed out PUBLICALLY how Orange could have done easily without the degree of annoyance it took this issue too - it if they do it now you'll know why & you have the evidence from Nobby to fight it. In the case they do after reading my post, I'll be available for court witness at your costs claimed from Orange/EE proceedings LOL !

Besides even if they did cap you at 2GB *YOU CAN UPGRADE FROM BROADBAND STARTER AT ANY TIME TO BROADBAND UNLIMITED FOR £5.00PM* whilst on Broaddband Starter (now £5.11 with VAT increase to 20%)

They really have made a messy mess of it all LOL either way Orange FREE Broadband Starter customers WIN, out of both contracts FREE or gain Livebox Second Line & UNLIMITED internet with NO Orange Line Rental because Orange have it all in thier own T&C you can have this. Simply if they try to change them to stop you doing this you take all the evidence of what has gone on lately with the FREE Starter/Unlimited T&C and...one word....INJUNCTION.

Best of luck with +net Eva ;)
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Interesting movement from Orange Broadband...

http://www.orange-rewards.co.uk

Rewards will be "we are now EE, have a £1 off your monthly EE Fibre upgrade" LOL
  • Eva49
    Eva49 Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    Just phoned executive office and got through to out of hours team, was told that the executive office are dealing with my case now and to ring them in the morning??? I've not given the executive office my mobile number or landline number so it does indeed look like they are reviewing SOMETHING?
    I will ring in morning and perhaps they are having a change of heart, fingers crossed

I think you will find they have 'caller display'

When I called on Tuesday I was asked if the land line number I was calling from was the one that BB was linked to ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure