Orange 'Free' Broadband

Options

Comments

• Tango17
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Hi Tango,

You really need to poor a large alchoholic beverage and read the thread to get more opinions and then decide for yourself. Good luck in your personal situation, just read through and see what others have said is what they have done and see if any suit your circumstances.

Cheers

Nobby.

Thanks for your great response. Thanks to yours (and Moon777) replies, I understand more of what I have to do. I understand its all about individual circumstances, so I have a calculator in one hand and a large glass of fizz in the other!
    Kind regards.
    :)
  • neil9313
    neil9313 Posts: 696 Forumite
    Options
    I already have a LiveBox but, if I am now paying them £14, I want a new BrightBox. Sorry, perhaps that wasn't clear.

I'm ringing the number on the letter I received telling me the free broadband was coming to an end. I have made a few calls but feel like I am banging my head against a brick
    wall. Very hard to engage some of these Orange customer service people when all you get is yes or no answers.

You would get Bright box if you signed up.
  • nickbirkin
    Options
    Ofcom Update.
    Had a reply from Ofcom, having been booted upstairs to a manager (oooh!)
    He says he's awaiting advice from his colleagues and will be back to me.
    No mention of the Freedom Of Info request, but shall keep on badgering
  • montage
    montage Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    With regards the £14 line rental and broadband offer from Orange i suggest nobody takes this as they have £75 in account credits to offer to match a current offer you are receiving... and as they have no way in knowing what you are currently receiving they have to take your word for it. Not that i'd be promoting misinformation for your own benefit but if the cap fits for one............. So if your willing to move your line over.. remember to make good use of the credits available to the operator.
  • Eva49
    Eva49 Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    Orange cut my BB this afternoon! My new service will is scheduled to start tomorrow will be back when I can grrrrrrr:mad::mad:
  • montage
    montage Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    Eva49 wrote: »
    Orange cut my BB this afternoon! My new service will is scheduled to start tomorrow will be back when I can grrrrrrr:mad::mad:

Odd... i thought the transition was supposed to be more or less seamless hence the requirement and usage of MAC codes.
  • Paully232000
    Options
    Well, there goes my email complaint to the exec team and customer services to add to the others I am sure they have received. Let us see if they respond within 48 hours.
  • Paully232000
    Options
    Just looked at the other thread on this subject headed with a comment from MSE, it says:

An Orange spokesperson says: "Following a review of our home broadband portfolio, we can confirm that we will shortly be making changes to our free broadband plan.

"Rest assured, customers will be able to remain on their current plan. However, moving forward, we will require them to replace their existing line rental provider with our own competitively priced service."

What does this mean, we keep the free broadband until the end of our mobile contract, or something different?
  • 70s_kid
    Options
    I experienced the same conversation as JessysGiant. £14 for line rental/broadband, plus another £11.50!!! for evening/weekend calls, total £25.50 because I live outside of their imaginary network area.

I asked the lady on the phone to justify the huge extra cost, she started going on about them having to pay to have the phone signal boosted to get to me!

Now that I have made the decision to switch to Sky I feel that a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. The future is, once again, bright!

And I've reduced my Orange mobile tariff to suit my actual usage too (£10.50 per month). I'll be free of Orange/EE forever once that has run it's course.

YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

To Orange/EE decision makers: You've let your loyal customers down badly and got your new brand off to a shambles of a start. I hope the few members who have got the time and energy to take you on properly manage to get the victory they deserve for the sake of themselves and all the other customers that feel they've been cheated.

Good luck all those that remain,
  • Vdubster
    Vdubster Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Quick update from me.
    • Sent email to OFCOM on: 16th September / got reply and ref no on the 17th
    • Sent my letter of compliant via post to Orange on the 19th Sep (Giving Orange 28days to reply)
    • Called the Exec office on the 24th & 25th
    • Emailed Exec office on the 26/27 & 28th (Didn't get a reply on the first 2)
    • Since then i've posted on Facebook/Twitter and been told i would get a phone call, to date i have not.
    • My Broadband and now Phone have now both been moved to Plusnet

Getting to the point where if Orange do not contact me i will be looking at small claims route. I will be reducing my monthly cost asap.

Any advice for other next steps to take?

Thanks

James
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family