We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Orange 'Free' Broadband

Options

Comments

• moon777
    moon777 Posts: 178 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2012 at 3:14PM
    Options
    I have finally received the letter.

I too have only recently sign a 12 month renewable contract with BT where I get Unlimited Evening & Weekend calls for free (a deal no longer available). There is a charge of £4.25 for each month left to cancel it.

My main problem is that I live in a rural area and have had a lot of problems with the phone line because of location (mainly because BT don't maintain the lines and ensure they are clear of branches!). I'm not keen to move from BT.

I also get BT caller display and BT Answer 1571 for free. I'm having difficultly finding if these are free with orange or if they are chargeable.

Also, because of the rural location, Orange is the only mobile service we get. Although, I would love to know (Nickbirkin) who offers 600 mins, 5000 texts and 1GB data for £12.90. Perhaps 4G will bring us more choice.

Why do these service providers make it soooo difficult to compare. So, at the moment I am very undecided about what to do.

Virgin used the Orange /Tmobile masts, I'm in the same position regarding signal. Virgin sim only deals amazing - see their site. It does mean EE will get a few pence as virgin pay to use the masts, I have to swallow that or have no signal!

4G - may take a while to roll out to rural locations - i may be wrong, but i read somewhere another year or so on rural locations.
  • moon777
    Options
    ShugMonkey wrote: »
    I am still awaiting confirmation , but having spoken to Orange and they said they still have a lot of customers to inform about this.
    They assured me that their is nothing showing against my account regarding a disconnection date.
    So I assume a lot of people will not be being disconnected until NOV/DEC.

But they immediately offered me up to £100 to buy out my current landline provider, and a free brightbox.

They really want those land lines! and still sending out letters!
  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    fitz2012 wrote: »
    'Inclusive calls are to UK landlines starting with 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 using your landline at anytime. You can call for up to one hour, redial as often as you like and calls are subject to our fair use policy of 1000 minutes a month. If you go over that amount we reserve the right to monitor your usage and/or suspend or terminate your service. We will give you reasonable notice of our intention to suspend or terminate the service and give you the opportunity to reduce your usage. Calls to some telephone numbers starting with 08 will cost up to 12.5p/min and calls to 09 numbers cost up to £1.83 p/min'

https://broadband.orange.co.uk/home Look at three call packages information at bottom of web page.

0800 calls are not included in call packages.

There is a 12.5p connection charge per call, as from their price guide dated 19th September 2012.

http://web.orange.co.uk/documents/ice/termsandconditions/orange_home_phone_voice_price_guide_sep_2012.pdf.pdf

Note: The following rates will apply for these types of calls unless they are included as part of your broadband and calls plan.
    Connection charge* Daytime Evening Weekend
    Calls to UK landlines (01, 02 and 03) 12.5p per call 7.5p 7.5p 7.5p
    Calls to UK mobiles 12.5p per call 12.7p 7.6p 7.2p
    0800 12.5p per call Free Free Free
    0845 (Local) 12.5p per call 6p 3p 3p
    0870 (National) 12.5p per call 6p 2p 2p

Just to point out the March 2012 prices for Orange residential landline call charges are here ;-

http://web.orange.co.uk/documents/ice/termsandconditions/home_voice_price_guide_1_march_2012.pdf

I think ( please tell me if i am wrong ) that these show 0800 numbers as inclusive in all call packages.

Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • Eva49
    Eva49 Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    pj68 wrote: »
    also has anyone reported this to watchdog? if so any response?

TIA

They are on the case :T
  • pj68
    pj68 Posts: 107 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Eva49 wrote: »
    They are on the case :T

Brilliant! . . . i missed watchdog last night because i was on the phone to orange :mad::mad:
  • moon777
    edited 4 October 2012 at 4:03PM
    Options
    My pre court action has not resulted in a call - running out of time, unless they ring me tomorrow or work over the weekend it's a definite small claims case. As such i am just about to ring and buy out my contract. Bye Bye Orange EE - it was a long relationship, with many ups and downs, in the end you cheated on me and i will now divorce you in court!

So I'm looking for a new partner, and this time I think I fancy a virgin!
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pj68 wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone

also has anyone reported this to watchdog? if so any response?
    TIA

A week ago it had a brief mention. This week I did not see it (though I fast forwarded much of it so may have missed a moment). But some people say they were interviewed so hopefully a bigger show will come.
  • Eva49
    Eva49 Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    mnbvcxz wrote: »
    A week ago it had a brief mention. This week I did not see it (though I fast forwarded much of it so may have missed a moment). But some people say they were interviewed so hopefully a bigger show will come.

Nothing on Orange this week............but I think they are giving Orange the chance to reply whilst 'evidence gathering' ;)
  • moon777
    Options
    Eva49 wrote: »
    Nothing on Orange this week............but I think they are giving Orange the chance to reply whilst 'evidence gathering' ;)

The more people that contact Watchdog and Ofcom the more chance of everyone getting a result from this EE mess. With both, numbers count!
  • JessysGiant
    Options
    moon777 wrote: »
    Virgin used the Orange /Tmobile masts, I'm in the same position regarding signal. Virgin sim only deals amazing - see their site. It does mean EE will get a few pence as virgin pay to use the masts, I have to swallow that or have no signal!

4G - may take a while to roll out to rural locations - i may be wrong, but i read somewhere another year or so on rural locations.

Thanks for the info. I'm not so sure about these providers that use anothers mast. I know quite a few people who took out cheap Talk (carphone warehouse) deals because they used Vodafone's masts, but have found the signal very poor. Why would someone like Orange allow Virgin to way undercut them using the same signal?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport