Email sent :)
  • Eva49
    Eva49 Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    Email sent
  • StreetTriple
    Options
    Eva49 wrote: »
    I have been in touch with CAB re mis-sold contract, they in turn reported my complaint to Trading Standards, as it is not possible to contact trading standards direct.

My local Trading Standards Office telephoned me this afternoon to discuss the situation.

It was an interesting conversation regarding legal action.

I am told miss-selling is a criminal offence, which is dealt with as a criminal case and not for civil action.

Civil action has to be brought on the grounds of misrepresentation and breach of contract.

She also suggested requesting tapes of the conversations when renewing contracts, I believe others have requested these already and drawn a blank?........I haven't personally though.

I also mentioned the difficulties in getting any dialogue from Orange having requested where to serve Court papers and which company to serve them on!

I had searched and found it all too unclear

She agreed and was totally unimpressed! Eventually she had to ring off and call me back while she searched and eventually found them.

I have reported to my CAB yesterday - good advice, everybody should report them to CAB for Trading Standards
  • StreetTriple
    Options
    nickbirkin wrote: »
    My latest email from Ofcom contained the following;

"Orange has advised us that since the initial promotion, free broadband has not been actively promoted when mobile contracts have been renewed. If we see evidence to the contrary, we will raise this with Orange for further discussion."

To all on this forum who can swear blind that since the initial offer that they were promised the Free Broadband when they came to renew their contracts over the last six years, can you please send an email to

[EMAIL="OCCtelecoms@ofcom.org.uk"]OCCtelecoms@ofcom.org.uk[/EMAIL]

FAO Sandra Sutton,

stating that you were told the FBB continued contrary to Orange's blatant lie to Ofcom.

Please fell free to quote my Ofcom ref 1-217098157

I got the above after badgering them as to why they were simply taking Orange at their word, when forum after forum contains statements to the contrary.

Lets give them the evidence they need.

Please PM me when you do, (a simple done it will do J ) as I shall be in contact with her asking if they NOW have enough evidence to believe the folk they're meant to be protecting.
    Some idea of the number of emails they will have received will definitely strengthen the case.
    If PM’s ain’t your thing then please post on the forum.

Something simple on the lines of ….

"It has come to my attention that Ofcom are seeking information and evidence that counters Orange’s statement to Ofcom, whereby they deny actively promoting Free Broadband when it came to renewal of mobile contracts after the initial offering.
    I can state that this is not the case and when I came to renew in dd/mm/yy.(approx date will do.)
    I was categorically assured that I would be keeping the Free Broadband.
    The Free Broadband is the only reason I stayed with Orange and did not seek a more competitive mobile deal. It was what induced me into continuing the mobile contract.”

Done.

Hard to believe that Ofcom are not convinced about this. I found this forum from another - some good posts hidden in here - like this one.
  • nickbirkin
    Options
    We're up to to 6 now, :) Got to go and help my 84 yo Mum set up her new Broadband this morning! She's just moved to BT after we got her £500.00 compensation from AOL for 8 years of mis billing and general mucking (this is an open forum!) around. Will call Ms Sutton on my return this afternoon. If anyone who's written can pm a copy to me of what they've written all the better (had 4)
  • nickbirkin
    Options
    7 and counting.
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 October 2012 at 10:46AM
    Options
    If you are going to accept the deal with evening and week-end calls for £18.50, surely you are better off letting them cut you off. Then signing up as a new customer via TCB and get £101 cashback. This would only work if you are not tied into a contract with BT and you are happy with your mobile contract.

When I finally receive my letter, they will not match what I am getting, anytime calls, international calls, free calls to Orange mobiles for £5.11 and I do not have a mobile contract anymore.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fitz...

And your case is millions of others, Orange customer services is just poor.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • epsilondraconis
    Options
    E-mail also sent...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills