Orange 'Free' Broadband

Options

Comments

• moon777
    moon777 Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    nickbirkin wrote: »
    Ofcom Update.
    Just spent 15 mins chatting to Ms Sutton and got a very favourable impression.
    Although she personally has not seen all the emails the group has sent, (they are shared out amongst a team of 4), they are going to have an effect.
    We’re up to 12 now.
    She tells me that they are still discussing the matter with Orange and that my complaint (and I can only presume all of our complaints) had now been moved up to the next level of manager.
    She did say that as part of their discussions with Orange that 20th ish of September that Orange had promised to contact all those that have been affected by the change of policy.
    I certainly have not had any contact other than a letter putting back the cut off date.
    Keep on badgering Ofcom and we will see a result.
    I am now sending the whole thing through to Tom Cherry the manager who’s going to be handling my complaint.

Excellent. I have also received an email from Ofcom a couple of weeks back stating that Orange are contacting all affected customers who have complained - like you no call, nothing. Just small claims left as an option!
  • nickbirkin
    nickbirkin Posts: 79 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2012 at 2:49PM
    Options
    moon777 wrote: »
    Excellent. I have also received an email from Ofcom a couple of weeks back stating that Orange are contacting all affected customers who have complained - like you no call, nothing. Just small claims left as an option!

Perhaps we all need to write to Ofcom stating we are aware that Orange have made the promise and no contact has been made.
    I have already written to them asking exactly what Orange promised to do.
    Perhaps a Freedom of Infromation request to Ofcom with regards the transcripts of the meetings?
    Whaddaya all think?
  • moon777
    moon777 Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Perhaps we all need to write to Ofcom stating we are aware that Orange have made the promise and no contact has been made.
    Perhaps a Freedom of Infromation request to Ofcom with regards the transcripts of the meetings?
    Whaddaya all think?

Anything is worth a try. Do it.

Personally i have been keeping ofcom informed by CC'ing them into all my emails to exec and CS using my ofcom ref in the subject lines - so they are fully aware i am getting nowhere with EE, and that EE are not speaking to me, or dealing with the situation. Ofcom have even seen I am having to go to court to resolve this.

Ofcom are also under the miss assumption that we can go to CISAS - i have informed them again today that CISAS wont deal with this as its an 'orange business decision'

As stated before by others the relationship between Ofcom and EE is a bit to cosy. We should not give up though as Ofcom are meant to protect the consumers and as such we need to hold Ofcom to account - email your MP complaining about Ofcom, and complain to Ofcom about Ofcom!
  • Eva49
    Eva49 Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    Whaddaya all think?

Sounds good to me ;)
  • nickbirkin
    Options
    Done

Dear Mr Cherry
    Further to my various communications with your colleague Sandra Sutton, she has informed me that you are now handling my complaint.

"It is clear to me and those others in contact with Ofcom that Orange are misleading Ofcom with regards to their not promising Free Broadband on renewal of their mobile contracts.

Please accept this email as a formal request under the Freedom Of Information Act to supply us with transcripts of the meeting(s) held with Orange as a result of the multitude complaints received by Ofcom about the issue of removal of Free broadband."
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 October 2012 at 3:11PM
    Options
    Eva499
    No I have not received any communication from Orange regarding them stopping my broadband and I have not contacted them. I have received a letter and an email stating my account is transferring to EE soon.
  • montage
    montage Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to Oranges Broadband department and the supervisors that "work" there................

http://www.cityparktechnologies.com/what-we-do/
  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 5 October 2012 at 5:05PM
    Options
    Don`t understand montage ?

Are you saying Orange don`t have their own call centre in Scotland ?

Or employ any Scottish ladies ?
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • montage
    montage Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    This is the company Orange have outsourced the Broadband change over to. So when ever you call the number off the letter, or speak to the special team this is who you are talking to.

Hence why the executive office seems to has no idea what's going on.... because they actually dont.
  • nickbirkin
    Options
    My latest email from Ofcom contained the following;

"Orange has advised us that since the initial promotion, free broadband has not been actively promoted when mobile contracts have been renewed. If we see evidence to the contrary, we will raise this with Orange for further discussion."

To all on this forum who can swear blind that since the initial offer that they were promised the Free Broadband when they came to renew their contracts over the last six years, can you please send an email to

[EMAIL="OCCtelecoms@ofcom.org.uk"]OCCtelecoms@ofcom.org.uk[/EMAIL]

FAO Sandra Sutton,

stating that you were told the FBB continued contrary to Orange's blatant lie to Ofcom.

Please fell free to quote my Ofcom ref 1-217098157

I got the above after badgering them as to why they were simply taking Orange at their word, when forum after forum contains statements to the contrary.

Lets give them the evidence they need.

Please PM me when you do, (a simple done it will do J ) as I shall be in contact with her asking if they NOW have enough evidence to believe the folk they're meant to be protecting.
    Some idea of the number of emails they will have received will definitely strengthen the case.
    If PM’s ain’t your thing then please post on the forum.

Something simple on the lines of ….

"It has come to my attention that Ofcom are seeking information and evidence that counters Orange’s statement to Ofcom, whereby they deny actively promoting Free Broadband when it came to renewal of mobile contracts after the initial offering.
    I can state that this is not the case and when I came to renew in dd/mm/yy.(approx date will do.)
    I was categorically assured that I would be keeping the Free Broadband.
    The Free Broadband is the only reason I stayed with Orange and did not seek a more competitive mobile deal. It was what induced me into continuing the mobile contract.”

We're up to 13 email (I know of) now.
    Keep them coming.:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family