We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Amazing DELL Laptop Deals £328 Superb Spec XP or Vista

Options

Comments

• stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whats 'AMD® Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL50'?

I know Celeron and Pentium - which one is this more like?
  • dangeroussports
    Options
    Dont know.
    Post that question in the techinical forum.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Whats 'AMD® Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL50'?

I know Celeron and Pentium - which one is this more like?

Well its a Dual Core processor, so should be good. If you go to this page on AMD's website then they do a "competitive comparison" to the Intel Core Duo processors. Seems to stand up ok...
  • wookie_2
    wookie_2 Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    thank you for this i was looking to buy 1 twice the price from currys or pc world , with almost the same spec, i have actualLY got a higher spec FOR A LOWER PRICE did not go for vista as of many probs mentioned on here, so it was a xp 4 me .
    cracking deaL AT £339:T :T :T
  • jase_uk_2
    jase_uk_2 Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    could anyone tell me if its worth adding this AverMedia DVB-T USB 2.0 TV Tuner with remote control for an extra £48, could i add abetter one cheaper.
  • pinkemsy
    pinkemsy Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Rang and ordered mine, spent ages doing it. The lady I spoke to finally agreed to let me have the deal plus battery at £11 but said she couldn't work it out on the system, would do and ring me back before 9pm. I've been waiting two hours! After all that I hope she's not going to conveniently 'forget' about me!! She was reluctant to let me have it for that price......

Anyway, if I do get it how do I get my Office application and Quark (Computer Shopper DVD) over to the new laptop?!! Help!
  • WaveyDavey69
    Options
    jase_uk wrote: »
    could anyone tell me if its worth adding this AverMedia DVB-T USB 2.0 TV Tuner with remote control for an extra £48, could i add abetter one cheaper.

Its an odd option as the picture is of a PCI card! Not sure if an internal solution is available but i've had a couple of external USB2 dongle types. They cost between £20-£30 quid depending on make. The Freecom one i got had a remote, cost about £30 and it pretty good for what i need it for!
  • morg_monster
    morg_monster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya, what a great deal I am all ready to go on the 6400 with XP, and I added the £5.87 optical mouse (can't go wrong for that price), and then I also added Office 2007, but then I got a compatibility problem, it said my mouse wasn't compatible with the Microsoft software! I really don't get this, I know office 2007 is pretty whizzy, but how can a mouse be incompatible?! I will just buy it anyway - i find it hard to believe and 5.87 isn't that much anyway - unless anyone knows of a specific reason why not?
    cheers chaps and thanks to OP for pointing this one out.

It won't actually let me complete the order - how silly. Guess I'll have to ring them.
  • atticgirl2003
    Options
    Anyone know the diff between
    AMD Sempron 3500 and AMD Turion 64x2
    What is the best.

Also the diff between WXGA and XGA
  • dagger_meerkat
    Options
    Anyone know the diff between
    AMD Sempron 3500 and AMD Turion 64x2
    What is the best.

Also the diff between WXGA and XGA

Sempron is single core, 64x2 is dual-core, go for the dual core; future-proofs your system.

WXGA - Wide XGA, widescreen display instead of the standard display.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport