We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Amazing DELL Laptop Deals £328 Superb Spec XP or Vista

Options

Comments

• r2d2jsk
    Options
    Hi,

I ordered mine for £339 inc VAT (upgraded 6 cell battery) and Quidco also - surely that sounds more of a bargain than £427? What did you add Rose to bump i up to that price??
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,950 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hi
    I added Vista premium for £29.00 and 2 years warranty plus delivery to a different address which I could not do online. Still a bargain I think as officially it will belong to my sis who paid for it ( £363.00 net of vat) and I will just do some bookkeeping to pay her off. Dont tell the taxman or vat man!!!
  • r2d2jsk
    Options
    Your secret is safe here - i'm sure.....
  • Aiadi
    Aiadi Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    Options
    Well guess what.... the delivery man has just turned up with one box despite that I was told that the delivery will be tomorrow after it was apparently misrouted!! Good job that I didn't leave the house.
    Noticed on the e-receipt when tracking order that it is supposed to arrive in 2 boxes but there was only one. The driver looked in his van but found no second box (which I am hoping is no more than the nylon laptop bag) and told me that I was the second person on his list to receive one box when his slip was showing 2 boxes to be delivered. Will need to get onto Dell again I suppose.
    Packaging wasn't great and all the discs, manuals and cables came loose in a large box so don't be surprised if you find the same. The laptop itself is so far looking great though which is my consolation.
    Do I want it? ......Do I need it? ......What would happen if I don't buy it??????
  • ezhiks
    ezhiks Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    I am impressed so far.

I wanted to get Mrs Ezhik a Notebook.

I bought the 1501 with 9 cell battery on the 19th March (late afternoon). It was delivered on the 22nd (8.30 am). I noticed the price had dropped another £35 today, so I sent an e-mail to Dell CS asking if they be willing to refund me the difference. They have now replied and offered me a refund for quite a bit more than £35.

I thought that the initial good price and then only 3 days from order to delivery was good, but the refund really is the icing on the cake

So anyone who placed the order before the last price drop, get in touch with CS and ask nicely if they can help!
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, surprises me that Dell are churning these out so fast.

My Inspiron 1300 took a good week to arrive even though they had them at a rock bottom price at the time (nothing like this though, this is one of the best laptop deals I've ever seen)
  • debsy42
    debsy42 Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great find thank you, just ordered one here :)
    ITV Winners Club #87 :eek:
  • Stopura
    Stopura Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would this be good enough to play games on?
  • dangeroussports
    Options
    Well it has a shared graphics port and no tv input. Games wise, its a good system for now. Wont be able to upgrade it apart from the Ram though.

Good spec for the money though. Its a handy little gizmo, I suppose you could always add an external hard drive later, but then it'll become a bit cumbersome to use.

Good spec for the money though. Not too sure about the absolutely disgraceful customer service and completely pathetic technical support.
  • biglugs
    biglugs Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Would this be good enough to play games on?
    Depends on the games - anything 3D intensive will probably be a non-starter.
    You don't get medals for sitting in the trenches.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport