We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE Pregnancy Club 25

Options

Comments

• Claree__x
    Claree__x Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    Options
    baleb wrote: »
    I was sitting alone in the pub last night waiting for hubby, when an old man told me that if my mother knew I was here she would be ashamed because someone in my condition should be at home cleaning! I don't know how I didn't smack him lmao!
    I was just sitting there minding my own business with my apple juice...

OMG okay you win :eek::rotfl:
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    NikkiAnn wrote: »
    Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun!

OH has decided to take me out tonight so we're going to a country pub down by a canal for a little walk and some food so I'm going to spend my afternoon having a relaxing bath and getting myself ready - may even brush my hair for the first time in weeks and put some war paint on!!

Shows how much my life has already changed with this being the most exciting thing I've got to look forward to today

Wouldn't mind if baby decided to throw a spanner in the works and make an appearance though!

39 weeks today :)
    Don't have a curry just in case :) Hope you have a lovely evening.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,075 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Claree__x wrote: »
    She did explain that it was a baby and she was perfectly lovely about it but I think she thought I'd have been seriously offended - I guess it's something I'll have to get used to :rotfl:

I've had lots of explaining to do to children at school about my crutches!! Of course half the children (mostly boys) claim they have hurt their back/hips too.. I just tell them they must be braver than me then.. while thinking 'typical male!!' lol
    baleb wrote: »
    I was sitting alone in the pub last night waiting for hubby, when an old man told me that if my mother knew I was here she would be ashamed because someone in my condition should be at home cleaning! I don't know how I didn't smack him lmao!
    I was just sitting there minding my own business with my apple juice...

You should have said you were a prostitute and loads of guys want you in your current condition so you were out making money to put food on the table..

Or ask if the people from his care home knew he was in the pub :p
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Toothfairy4
    Toothfairy4 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    BARGAIN ALERT! Anyone looking for a mamas and papas sola, Boots have it in denim for £225 here (and £9 of advantage card points!) have ordered one and will be returning the one from mamas and papas to save £65!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,075 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BARGAIN ALERT! Anyone looking for a mamas and papas sola, Boots have it in denim for £225 here (and £9 of advantage card points!) have ordered one and will be returning the one from mamas and papas to save £65!

don't forget quidco cashback!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Toothfairy4
    Toothfairy4 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks pigpen, i remembered lol!
  • Bangton
    Bangton Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey girls..hope your all ok. I'm trying to find some really nice baby bedding that's bright bright bright and just having no luck! Thought Ikea might do but they seem to only sell cot duvets which are not suitable when baby first arrives.

Also...have you all got Moses baskets?
  • butler_helen
    butler_helen Posts: 1,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bangton - we have a Moses basket but it was £10 on eBay plus a new mattress at £16. I wouldn't have bothered if I hadn't had a bargain as to be honest it won't be in it long and the expense of different sheets etc for a few weeks didn't feel worth it.

Ladies... I recommend going for a wax/massage!! I went for a full leg, bikini and lip wax and loved it. However, I felt huge and hot walking in, she made me feel all relaxed, the pain wasn't as bad as I thought and baby didn't give two hoots I was being tortured. I'm booked in twice again between now and the due date :D

However... My hips caused issues, I was in some funny positions and I'm fully expecting the pain to get much worse. Lots of pillows were needed as I couldn't lye on my back. Fun fun fun! She was a trained massage therapist for pregnancy and so she knew what would aggregate my hips which was good and generally she didn't look at my hot sweaty hairy mess of a body with pity:rotfl:

I'd like a proper massage (I had a sample), has anyone had one?

29+6 weeks today :)
    If you aim for the moon if you miss at least you will land among the stars!
  • *BigBird*
    *BigBird* Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    Options
    Massive congrats, Dida :j I love the name you've chosen.

No sign of Mrsj today? I hope that means something's happening there too :D
    You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change.
  • Claree__x
    Claree__x Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    Options
    Bangton - we have a Moses basket but it was £10 on eBay plus a new mattress at £16. I wouldn't have bothered if I hadn't had a bargain as to be honest it won't be in it long and the expense of different sheets etc for a few weeks didn't feel worth it.

Ladies... I recommend going for a wax/massage!! I went for a full leg, bikini and lip wax and loved it. However, I felt huge and hot walking in, she made me feel all relaxed, the pain wasn't as bad as I thought and baby didn't give two hoots I was being tortured. I'm booked in twice again between now and the due date :D

However... My hips caused issues, I was in some funny positions and I'm fully expecting the pain to get much worse. Lots of pillows were needed as I couldn't lye on my back. Fun fun fun! She was a trained massage therapist for pregnancy and so she knew what would aggregate my hips which was good and generally she didn't look at my hot sweaty hairy mess of a body with pity:rotfl:

I'd like a proper massage (I had a sample), has anyone had one?

29+6 weeks today :)

I went for a bikini wax the other week and it was horrendous. I'm still booked in for another before my DD tbf - hoping it can't possibly as painful as that time :rotfl:

Glad you enjoyed your day though. I'm not a fan of massages/facials, I don't find them relaxing at all. I went for a facial as part of my hen do and I just felt like someone was rubbing my face for far too long!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport