Textbroker - Writing for money (not vouchers)

in Boost Your Income
1.2K replies 234.6K views

Replies

• KiranKiran Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I signed up and had my work evaluated, I too am part of the 3* brigade, if only I had paid more attention in school, lol.

I do see a problem though, there was only 1 article I could write and it was about something Russian. I understand how your rating can be increased however that isn't possible if you have no option to show your skills as all other items are 4* or above! The sample that I had to write was made from a choice of topics that I really didn't know anything, have an opinion, about. It was never going to set the world alight. I'm just slightly frustrated that there are articles to be written in the 4* section that I actually know about!

Anyway, rant over. I'll go back to looking for an article to come in that I can get started on.
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • red_devilred_devil Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    There is never any work and there isnt a system that allows you to be notified if there is anything.They need to change.
    :footie:
  • katinikatini Forumite
    196 Posts
    Thanks for this, I have just signed up and submitted my evaluation piece. Fingers crossed!
  • I was evaluated as 3 star and have written 5 articles so far, all have been accepted, all paid for and I recieved my first Paypal payout yesterday, so the work is there!

Unfortunately, Textbroker have put a hold on my account because i've reached 5 articles and they want to evaluate my work before I write any more. Bit fed up as they say that will take up to 7 days, but i've already been waiting 8 working days for them to evaluate my first piece! Ho hum!
  • I wrote my first article for Textbroker on 20th July and it still has not been assessed - so it takes much longer than 7 working days! I've not yet written 5 articles though, so my account is ok. I am 4* so currently have quite a choice of articles.
  • I've just submitted my evaluation piece. Fingers crossed!!
  • TomboTombo Forumite
    999 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed reviews form the comments on here.

Is there much work on there at the moment? I am thinking of signing up but not sure if it is gonna be worth it.
    2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
    2009 Wins: Years Supply of Orbit Complete (144 packets), £50 of Odeon vouchers
    2018 Wins: Rockstar Energy Drink Headphones
    :jDebt-Free Wannabe!! :j
  • Depends what your rating is Tombo. If you get rated as a 2 or 3* writer then its slim pickings i'm afraid, however there always seems to be jobs for 4 and 5* writers from what I have seen (sometimes only a couple of articles available, but sometimes into double figures to choose from!).
  • KiranKiran Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    As above, there is work for 4* plus. I wish I knew the distribution of articles before I signed up and also that the written text was marking more than just your spelling, punctuation and grammar. I would have put more thought into what I was writing. Go for it, but make sure you submit the absolute best you can for the test.
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • just thought i'd write a little update. Textbroker have just assessed all 5 of my articles and unblocked my account so I can work again - yay!

Out of the 5 I got 3 x 3* and 2 x 4* and some good feedback on areas of improvement. Turns out I am a little bit trigger happy when it comes to using a comma! lol So still a 3* overall, but working on it!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides