Textbroker - Writing for money (not vouchers)

in Boost Your Income
1.2K replies 234.7K views

Replies

• I signed up on Wednesday and managed to get rated 4*. I've no idea who's marking me or how difficult it is, but I'm enormously chuffed anyway. :rotfl:

I don't have time to look at it today but there seem to be a few jobs at that rating, so fingers crossed I'll be able to get a bit of time at it over the weekend and see if it's worth persevering with. Thanks for the OP.
  • sequencesequence Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    What happens if you write an article and the buyer doesn't like it, doesn't think it's good enough, or thinks it's absolute garbage ? Do you still get paid ?
  • ellebee1986ellebee1986 Forumite
    166 Posts
    Ive joined and Im a 4* and im extremely chuffed too as I had no clue what to write for my sample so ended up describing my local chinese! haha anyway onwards and upwards :)
  • starrybeestarrybee Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Are they open weekends? I submitted mine late afternoon yesterday so don't know if there's point hoping to hear back today, or whether I'll be waiting til Monday at the earliest...
  • mrsyardbroommrsyardbroom Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have a go at this on Monday when I have more time.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • I've used textbroker before and had some good results, it may also be worth having a look at the 'people per hour' website - if you build up a decent profile you could make some decent cash
  • kiss_me_now9kiss_me_now9 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Can you improve your rating without getting any assignments?
  • edited 16 July 2012 at 12:24PM
    TrixiTrixi Forumite
    131 Posts
    edited 16 July 2012 at 12:24PM
    I signed up for this a while ago too - mainly as a customer but I have also done a little bit of writing. The one thing I would advise is to make your sample submission as good as you can possibly make it.

I got in at 3 stars and have only managed to write 3 articles so far - they do seem to be few and far between at this level and, while one of my accepted articles has been rated as 4 stars I'm still stuck on level 3, presumably until I've written more. So, it looks like the higher you rate the more work you'll get.
  • I signed up for textbroker and have got as far as having an assignment accepted. I've been awarded a 4* rating but anything less is meaningless if there are little or no assignments being offered. Perhaps it's a case of a little flattery going a long way. I just hope it's not flattery to deceive.
  • kiss_me_now9kiss_me_now9 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    So it's been 10 days since I was validated as a 3* author and I've had nothing to write. Bored doesn't cut it! It's annoying that the only way to get your rating up is by writing assignments - I dread to think what 2* star or 1* writers do, I've only seen one 3* assignment at all and it was in the automotive section!

Would providing writing samples on my profile help? What samples should I provide? I write a blog but it's not very wordy at times and out of context a post from there would look very odd.

Also I signed up for a few groups, but again I'm getting nothing through them. Is the entire site just dead or is it my star rating?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals